Anyone Ever See This Many In One Spot?

Full Curl

Reaction score
I put some pics on another forum a little while back and it seems that 5 isn't too common.
Just thought I'd put a few on here and see if anyone has seen something like this.

Attachments

• MFDC5173_zps8145e581.jpg
    MFDC5173_zps8145e581.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 641
  • SUNP1283_zps71de1237.jpg
    SUNP1283_zps71de1237.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 644

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG. that's amazing.I thought they were loaner's in general?
Same question. as X-treme. where is that approx?

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is unusual for sure, but there numbers are growing big time, showing up in all parts of the province, even in edmonton and calgary, and east to the sask border,

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put some pics on another forum a little while back and it seems that 5 isn't too common.
Just thought I'd put a few on here and see if anyone has seen something like this.

honey, you want to go out to the wood pile and bring in some wood. Sure would like to snuggle in front of a warm fire.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they were loaner's in general?

I can vouch they work in pairs. Years ago I was mountain biking around Rossland BC plodding up a long uphill section when I came across a cougar sitting on the trail watching me. As I came a bit closer and stopped something caught the corner of my eye - turns out I just rode right underneath his buddy sitting up in a tree branch! That second cat could have easily jumped right on the back of my neck. The first one was acting as a decoy.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son was working on that lease since last October and that friday( their last day there) they were loading their trucks and left for home about 3:30 in the afternoon. He found out the next morning that the attack happened on that location he was working at around 4pm. He has pics of the guy that was attacked. Apparently a co worker beat the cougar with a wooden pipeline skid as the cougar was malling the other guy.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor is there is 6 in the area? Your trail cam Full Curl?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can vouch they work in pairs. Years ago I was mountain biking around Rossland BC plodding up a long uphill section when I came across a cougar sitting on the trail watching me. As I came a bit closer and stopped something caught the corner of my eye - turns out I just rode right beside her buddy sitting over by the tree branch! That second cougar could have easily jumped right on top of me. We chatted for a while and I got some phone numbers. I did eventually hook up with the first one I seen, it was a great evening and the rest is yet to tell.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously thou, I thought they had big areas and didn't cross each other much. When is there breeding season?

Breeding Habits
Cougar are polygamous (one male will breed several females) and only the female tends the young.
Females reach sexual maturity at 2 to 3 years of age. Breeding takes place at any time of the year, and one to six kittens are born after a gestation period of about 96 days. The single observation of six kittens (from Utah) is an unusual record and observations in British Columbia indicate one to four kittens are carried by the female.

Full Curl

Reaction score
Yes my cams at home.
There are these 5 and I have pics of a single a few times also. Assuming another female.
My wife got a text last night about 8 or 9:00 from a friend that saw 3 headed up our driveway last night.
I went out side but it wasn't quite moonlit enough with the snow falling to make it very comfortable looking around.:fear:

The 5 is a female with 4 juveniles by the pictures I have. In some of the pictures, you can see that they are basically the same size as momma.

Should be splitting up soon. And hopefully moving on....

Last edited:

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long does a mother keep her offspring around? 2 year's?
At first I thought it would have been 1 male with 4 females, having a special "party"
I hope you don't have a food source around the yard for them.
Amazing animals I just wouldn't want them hanging around for too long.

Full Curl

Reaction score
The only food source should be the whitetails that are here.
The "professionals" figure they would need a deer every 2-3 days.
That could take a bite out of my next year hunting prospects!

Top Bottom