Anyone Ever Been To The Grizzly Lodge in Shuswap Mountains

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Sledders,

I have been given an idea for my fiance's 30th birthday party which involves a few day stay at the Grizzly Lodge in the Shuswap Mountain areas. Just wanted to get some feedback on this place. Likes/dislikes all input welcome. Website looks nice, but getting reviews from people who have actually been would be extremely helpful. :confused:

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved it, Kind of like having you own personal riding area. I was there with a big group from mountain magic March of 2010 and the place was nice, the food was good
and the guys running it were very accommidating.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys I know go up there every year and have a great time,they definitely get some nice pics, I might even have to go one of these years

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't stayed there yet. Just stopped in to check it out last season. Our group will definitely be booking there this season. A sledders paradise.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
one of my best snowmobile trips to date.....

the lodge is great. fresh homemade food. no worries about unloading/loading or fuel. the boys/ladies cater to you very well for your stay

hugh riding area with mininal traffic

truely a sledders paradise

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
How to Get Here | Grizzly Lodge, BC

we went at the end of March. the road off Scotch Creek (logging road) was dry. if traveled in the winter months i would be carrying some tire chains. some pretty gnarly cliffs on both sides with no guard rails to catch you. 18km off the pavement and i think about 20km to travel by snocar

we have the whole cabin booked for the start of March/12. i believe it was bookin up pretty fast

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya,I am curious too as our group has the entire lodge booked for the week of Mar 11-16.

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
Do you think the rate of 150 dollars per person per night is a reasonable price as compared to just going to revy or sorts and staying in hotel and eating out (which would normally be split between me and my fiance). I for some reason don't see me spending 300 dollars a day between the two of us when we just go to valemount/mcbride/revy. Is the riding that much better which makes the price worth it?

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
$150 a nite including meals (breakfast,bag lunch,and supper) seems like a good price to me. The place looks awsome and like the one fellow says in the video being accessable by sled only. Take your tooth brush and pit stick and enjoy. I'm sure it will leave a positive impression for you both :D

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the area and would HIGHLY recommend it ! The owner Adam is a very good guy that will look after all your needs. Other than a little bit of a ride in, it will be well worth it ! The road in can be a little nerve racking if your not used to driving narrow winding roads and I would recommend a radio to call your km's. It would be a good idea to pack chains especially to get up the canyon hill. Very narrow and steep. The food is great and hospitality is excellent. They have gas, heated garage if you have to work on your sled, full dry room, hot tub, pool table in the common room. It is well worth the $150 a night IMHO. As for the riding area, Its as good as anywhere I've ridden across BC. All levels of riding other than extreme chutes. I say do it and if I'm around I would gladly show you around !

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Adam. I was wanting to pull my 28' enclosed up there. Sounds like that could be a bit worrisome?Would you reccomend leaving the 28' trailer at home and just bring a smaller trailer or just put chains on the truck and chiv-er-git? WE are going the week of Mar 11-16. Thanks.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BYOB saves me a lot on bar tabs, so $150 with no trail fees to me aint bad. Get up and sled out the back door

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
Thank you all so very much for all of your feedback. The narrow steep road kinda creeps me out but I'm sure I can put that aside for a great riding experience. Now all I have to do is hope to god that I can get enough time off to really enjoy this trip (meaning more riding days on my sled than driving hours from edmonton). Idog if you are around and if i do go, some help around the riding areas would be fanatastic. I will keep you posted.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to help out all riders anytime there in the area. Nice to meet new people to ride with.

Top Bottom