Anyone else that just cant wait any longer for snow to fly?

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started watching a few sled vids the other day now im so excited for snow i cant think about anything else shouldnt have started watching sled vids so early havent even started combining yet so shes gonna be hard to keep my head in the game for the whole harvest. Anyone else have this problem? why do i do this to myself i should have known better than to start watching sled vids mid aug next year i must control myself better.

i guess i better get out after harvest for lotsa quad rides to tide me over havent rode my quad nearly enough this year due to an overwhelming amount of bugs so im ready for a few good frosts so i can at least get some miles on the ol canned ham!!!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sickness is getting strong in me, always sets in around mid August.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely getting stoked for winter,(pretty much rained on me all summer)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I'm getting a little bit excited but more like...................it will be here when it gets here sort of thing!

Still have lots of work to do, a 2015 sled to sell, and patiently wait for delivery of 2 2017 850's x 165. I'll be okay and not too frustrated. Patience comes as one ages!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a little bit excited but more like...................it will be here when it gets here sort of thing!

Still have lots of work to do, a 2015 sled to sell, and patiently wait for delivery of 2 2017 850's x 165. I'll be okay and not too frustrated. Patience comes as one ages!

Im not ready for winter by any means, I still have lots of work to do also. But won't be long now and we'll be getting some pow turns in!:beer:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You should keep the 15 around for early riding, be a shame to get all excited for that 850 and bend something. At what age does this patience thing kick in? 44 this winter and still lacking some patience.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You should keep the 15 around for early riding, be a shame to get all excited for that 850 and bend something. At what age does this patience thing kick in? 44 this winter and still lacking some patience.

Haha..............I hope I don't jinx myself but early season boo-boos have pretty much gone as I know where all the hazards are after 15 years of riding in pretty much the same places for early season. The patience then takes another turn and we know that certain places are out of bounds usually until January and still others even later due to the big rocks.

The other thing going for me has to do with the long tracks (163 and the 174) and not having to operate at full throttle when breaking early season trails. Sure, sometimes chit happens but less and less with that patience thing!

I've got children your age and their patience still hasn't kicked in yet so I'm not quite sure I have an answer for your question.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i also snowchecked a 850 but i think my first few rides will be on my 08 872 for this exact reason^^^^^^^

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya what a wet summer we have had in sask... i guess we arent the only ones that have had the rain happening seems every few days we getting inch here inch there

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wish I had your problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
89e21351bd77028ea870d435dc10c57f.jpg

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt. You earned it tho. Good to see your enjoying it too

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No doubt. You earned it tho. Good to see your enjoying it too

Yes, I am enjoying it!

60 days last winter with 180 guests touring in the Elk Valley. It was a great year and there are 4500 km on the 2015. The first year (crappy snow of 2015) only saw 1500 km and last year was 3000 km.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i also recieved that pic aswell as one from top of each ski resort near there.

not sure if thats helping tho just making me more excited.

watched all maxwells youtube vids last night so all i need is an i know maxwell shirt and ill be ready for the rmhca :cool::beer:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started watching sled vids already too. Getting close, counting down the days!!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mid aug. our phone starts ringing every year and from that point on we can't wait till the snow flys. plus all new Klim gear again this year helps get us excited as well.
But for whatever reason this year is different, The sleds are already set up, new rack cards, few new goodies to try out and stand behind if they live up to expectation. been loving our sony camera last season and all summer, so much so that we are planning a few photo only days for this winter.

Truth is winter is coming and we are going make the most of it.

Top Bottom