Anyone else off road in Jeeps or Trucks?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the above pictures are a few from todays adventure, and no axles were broken no matter what Ryan may say
1000002905.jpg

This one never happened, right?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
April 13th. Going to do the Margaret lake loop.
Meeting at the waiparious Valley road and highway 40. For 10am.
I'm coming from Edmonton. Stopping in Cremona for gas, be taking the WaterValley road in.

Pin to the meeting point
1000003118.jpg

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm coming from Edmonton. Stopping in Cremona for gas, be taking the WaterValley road in.

Pin to the meeting point
View attachment 281412
What this trail like? I have a problem with my jeep and won't have it fixed in time, but I have a chance to buy an '06 tj, with open diff's and stock tires. Would it be to much for a stock setup?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What this trail like? I have a problem with my jeep and won't have it fixed in time, but I have a chance to buy an '06 tj, with open diff's and stock tires. Would it be to much for a stock setup?
Waiting on that axle?
The south leg is stupid easy. It's flat. A couple small hills to the lake. Coming back from the lake. 4x4 is nice for that one hill.
The north side of the loop. Has multiple steep hills. And if they are icy it could be an issue. I'll be tossing in my chains just incase. But ultimately I'm hoping it will be fairly easy

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have it parked in the garage. I haven't ordered any parts yet. Too cold to work on it anyway.

I could take the quad, maybe.

No issues getting to Margaret lake with a stock vehicle. If there is ice you will need chains, there a couple short/steep hills. Been there a bunch on quads.

Reactions: RXN

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Pin to the meeting point
View attachment 281412
I was a lucky kid, 2 weeks per year dad took me and my bro here camp and ride.. would have been late 1987 ish.. XL Honda, SP suzuki, IT Yamaha.. simple times.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000003370.jpg
1000003359.jpg
1000003323.jpg
1000003207.jpg

Went back into Ruby Falls today. Total of 11 for the most of it. One Jeep had some charging issues. She had to leave it and jump in with someone else to get to the falls. Seemed to run fine the way out and back to the city.

I bent something. Hit a mound of ice or dirt or something. Knocked my steering wheel almost a full 90° out. Will deal with that tomorrow.

All in all was a great day 😀

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Pin to the meeting point
View attachment 281412
So if anyone wants to ride down together from Edmonton. Let's leave the Shell station off Discovery way in Leduc at 7am (leaving 7am sharp). (5205 Discovery Way).
Planning on taking Highway 2 to highway 27 (through Olds). I don't plan on stopping in Red Deer.
Taking 27 west through Olds Alberta to highway 22. (Turning south) and taking 22 to Cremona. Will top up at the Petro Canada (226 railway Ave, just off the highway).
From there will continue south on 22, to secondary highway 579 (Water Valley). Take the water valley road to the trunk road (highway 40). Where we will again turn south.
That should put us at the Waiparious Valley Road around 10.

Where we'll wait a bit incase any Calgary or other folk are joining. (Probably air down here). Then away we go.

I've always gone in by the Gas plant but this trip we'll come out that way.

If time allows after we can hit the Waiparious Valley View point. And air up there.

If anyone needs any pins for locations please feel free to message me. And I'll gladly send the pins your way.

Hope to see you out there.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you guys airing down the tires much?
hard to tell by pictures
Everyone airs down to different psi's.
The blue ram started with 20psi. Popped a bead.
I air down to around 10psi. My Side walls are pretty stiff so it doesn't look aired down at all.

Most seem to go to around 15psi.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What tire & rim combination seem to be the best for airing down?
That I don't know.
Everyone seems to run different combinations.

I just put Nitto Ridge Grappler MTs on.
But I went with 10ply
I had KO2s 6Ply before.
The Nittos don't seem to "flatten out" when I air down as much as the KO2s did.

I kept the same size 285/70R17
I was looking at going to a 15inch rim to give more rubber. As I like that look. But I was limited on tire choices.

Sorry. I'm not much help in that department. It all seems to be Personal preference

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Double Bead locks are going to be the best rim obviously for airing down.

I could run 1 psi on my truck. You want heavy duty off road tires for that. Pick a brand. I used interco. But BFG has some good stuff.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On April 27th. Looking at doing a Brule run. I've never been before.

Leaving the petro canada in Hinton around 1015. (Asking people to be fueled up and ready to head out for 10:15am).
That's the petro can on the north side beside the fasgas.

1000003929.jpg

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom