Anyone else having big issues with Canada Post?

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for over 3 weeks for a T4 from my old employer in Red Deer, luckily I have a good friendship with them and just got another one. Called Canada Post to complain....couldn't care less of course! But it's not just this that is SEVERELY lacking in service now, bills are even arriving usually about a week late. And it has been ever since I got this notice in the mail that they are "restructuring" the mail service! I even notice that the mail IS NOT (against everything Canada Post is saying) arriving every business day. I live in an apartment building and of course turn over makes for a few "return to senders", which get placed above the mail boxes to be picked up by the carrier. Last week those were there for 3 days in a row, and no mail either!

Anybody having similar issues? Calling Canada Post is funny though...was told that "regular" mail is untraceable...ok, yet today was told that my T4 was never received at the collection point in Red Deer. HUH!?!?! How can it be untraceable but yet be traceable?!?!?! LMAO :confused::frusty:

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem....then I found it on my desk.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought some throat mics for my radios from Hong Kong last year 'cuz I couldn't find 'em here. They got here in 5 days. Stuff I order from Ontario via Canada Post never gets here in under 2 weeks. :mad:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent my restricted PAL paperwork via CP. It took 3 days to get all the way to New Brunswick. It took a further 6 days to travel another 80 kms from some hick town to it's final destination. I ordered some goodies from Wholesale sports. It was shipped parcel post from Calgary. It took 7 days to land on my step.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Fall:
I hadn't got mail in a few days which isn't all that unusual. I went away for two weeks to work a shutdown, when I came back still no mail. Saw the mailman that afternoon, and he said "well that house doesn't exist", I pointed to it across the street. I have lived here for 9 months and was getting regular mail service all that time. Went over to the post office and got the same comment from the supervisor, and she followed it by "we just send back a bunch of mail for that house, which is odd because it doesn't exist".

I started getting mail the next day, paid all my bills online. A few months later I get a letter from Edmonton, unpaid red light ticket (sled show) that is now unpaid and court date missed. I was lucky and my Dad went and saw the Justice in Edmo on my behalf and had it reduced.

Canada Post Sucks!! I do almost everything online now

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada Post is a joke. They almost lost my truck's ECM and took a week to get it to Fedex for "overnight" delivery to the USA and they had no explanation for it. I came unglued on the useless tw*t on the customer support line and ended up hanging up on him because their attitude ended up being "oh darn, better luck next time". Kiss my ass canada post, its amazing anything gets delivered at all in this country. Especially at the prices they charge too. My mom had a small parcel shipped from Australia, for about $15. Canada post wants to see that just to get something to Calgary from here:rant:

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too had a truck ECM grenade on me ,I bought a used one from the states and had it mailed here
UPSP.Canada customs held it for 30 days then returned it to the sender?
I phoned and complained several times and had a "official investigation" started as to what the problem
was.Of course nothing ever came of it.Canada post said customs had it and not them and there was nothing
they could do.From my experiences buying parts on ebay ,I know USPS really has their ch!t together,I have
had packages shipped from California on Monday and by wed. they are at the border being checked into customs
After customs gives it to Canada Post it's usually 12 days from the border to me.That shows how bad our system
is compared to USPS.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am lucky, I have shipped probably hundreds of packages over the years with usps and canada post...No issues yet.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am lucky, I have shipped probably hundreds of packages over the years with usps and canada post...No issues yet.
Same here, never had any problems with Canada post. I have had UPS leave a parcel on my front step (that I never use) containing a $400.00 camera, no phone call, no sticker on the window. And they sent me a bill even though shipping was prepaid......

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have to agree that CP sucks.
On March 25,2013 I sent my VDI back to Calgary for repair. It arrived in Calgary on the 26 and was sent back to me on the 27th.
According to the tracking sheet, it was scheduled to be delivered to me on April 2,2013.
So Today, April 3 I look at the tracking again and it is in Winnipeg??? Like WTF!

Attachments

• Canada Post tracking 2.jpg
    Canada Post tracking 2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well over the last week I have been back and forth with Canada Post and as predicted not getting any further ahead. They have opened a case and gave me a reference number and have talked to the same guy on the phone everyday so far. I know some people don't like flyers but I do, and even those are getting distributed almost a week late.

Talking about UPS, what a friggen joke. Never had issues with Purolator myself though!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys should go into the Canada post office in Edmonton coffee room and have a look at what all the company hats look like. Lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too had a truck ECM grenade on me ,I bought a used one from the states and had it mailed here
UPSP.Canada customs held it for 30 days then returned it to the sender?
I phoned and complained several times and had a "official investigation" started as to what the problem
was.Of course nothing ever came of it.Canada post said customs had it and not them and there was nothing
they could do.From my experiences buying parts on ebay ,I know USPS really has their ch!t together,I have
had packages shipped from California on Monday and by wed. they are at the border being checked into customs
After customs gives it to Canada Post it's usually 12 days from the border to me.That shows how bad our system
is compared to USPS.
USPS sucks also, ive been waiting for a parcel for over a month and I'm in constant contact with the shipper. USPS says my address is wrong and keep sending it back to the shipper. I guess they don't know where Canada is located.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We ship many many many parcels with Canada Post each year. I always ship Expediated Parcel which is trackable and has ontime delivery guarantees. This service costs the same as regular parcel post. However, just because you get the on time guarantee doesn't mean that it is always on time what it does mean though is that if your parcel is not on time they have to refund you your shipping money. I think in all the parcels that we have sent I have had problems with one plus Canada Post is about $20 to $25 cheaper than Greyhound and far cheaper than any courier company unless you have an account.

Jan

Top Bottom