anyone else have this one time issue ? bogging / dying

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was riding hard packed snow this weekend (actually my girlfriend was riding the sled) .. she pulled up and told me something is wrong, there is no throttle response

sure enough, the exhaust tone sounded off almost as if it was running on one cyl, no throttle response, bogged pretty bad and it even died on idle. no check engine light, factory muffler, sled has 2100km on it now

took a few minutes to go over the temp sensors / other wiring harnesses, everything looked good .. made sure the belt was alright .. took it for a ride and all was resolved !!

Anyone else have this happen ? wonder what it is .. not sure my dealer will be able to help as it "fixed itself" and didn't give me any engine codes..

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am guessing this isn't the issue.. but you never mentioned trying it

The tether cord that kills the sled when you fall off.. they seem to get sticky if used a lot and need to be twisted on better.. sled will start fine and even beep at you but will have no power and sound like a dying cow

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever cleaned your power valves? (Rave valves)

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2100km. I'd have cleaned em twice if it were mine. Picky though

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the pipe and can sensors are in place... I might look into cleaning my rave valves over the summer.. I wonder if the dealer would do that under warranty if it's needed or if it's a "maintenance" Item..

I can see having to clean them on a ptek drinking mineral oil like it's going out of business .. etecs should be pretty clean with the minimal amount of synthetic they burn

if the rave's weren't functioning properly i'd assume there would be an engine code. I'm sure their actual position is known to the ECM

ah well, i'll chalk it up to a mysterious "hiccup" unless it happens again.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was riding hard packed snow this weekend (actually my girlfriend was riding the sled) .. she pulled up and told me something is wrong, there is no throttle response

sure enough, the exhaust tone sounded off almost as if it was running on one cyl, no throttle response, bogged pretty bad and it even died on idle. no check engine light, factory muffler, sled has 2100km on it now

took a few minutes to go over the temp sensors / other wiring harnesses, everything looked good .. made sure the belt was alright .. took it for a ride and all was resolved !!

Anyone else have this happen ? wonder what it is .. not sure my dealer will be able to help as it "fixed itself" and didn't give me any engine codes..

I had my 2012 do a similar thing this summer after being stored for a couple months. It happened a couple of times. I changed the plugs and all has been good since.

Top Bottom