anyone driving an acadia awd

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife is looking at buying an acadia and we are getting mixed reviews on the fuel economy. Is anyone on here driving one that can report real world fuel economy? We need a bigger kid hauler but she puts on lots of work miles so wants something at least reasonable on fuel...

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure but Acadian refers to people from a region in Nova Scotia

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i was driving I was about 20 to 21 MPG mixed city/highway. sweet crossover though.

that was on a 2008 AWD

saz

Reaction score
My wife drives a 2009 Acadia it gets good mileage when she drives it and not bad power - I will confirm but she drives the speed limit no hard acceleration and get 22 to 23 always.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good little vehicles.... We work on quite a few out here in sherwood forest;)........ Quite trouble free, but around 100k, expect rear bushings and some front-end parts worn.......power is good, and gas mileage is quite good. If we ever get another minivan or suv, i will be looking at them or there counterpart, for sure......

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife drives a 2009 Acadia it gets good mileage when she drives it and not bad power - I will confirm but she drives the speed limit no hard acceleration and get 22 to 23 always.

thats part of my problem there

Dynamic

Reaction score
My wife has the Equinox, smaller than Acadia, and I can get damn near the sticker numbers driving speed limit. Otherwise about 7.3l/100km. Window says 6.1l/100kms.

I don't think there is anything else out there that is that big with as good fuel economy though.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My father-in-law bought a new one this year. Nice vehicle! He got the AWD model so not sure if the mileage will be as good. I'll check with him what he gets.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely looking at the AWD, wife drives county roads lots and it'll be worth the piece of mind. Drove one last night, not a bad ride. It's either that or a Highlander and those are even harder to find cause of course it has to have leather... power lift gate etc... plus it has to tow my quad trailer when the rv is hooked to my truck.

My father-in-law bought a new one this year. Nice vehicle! He got the AWD model so not sure if the mileage will be as good. I'll check with him what he gets.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can pass ANYTHING along to you..drive a Enclave then drive a Acadia...you will buy the Enclave. The salesman told me this I didnt believe him...I didnt get out of the parking lot with the Acadia after the Enclave. We have a 2008 awd from new and love it. As for milage I never figured it out, sorry. Buick used Cadies premis to build the Enclave, so I was told. it rides and is just as quite as my brothers Escalade.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We looked at the enclave but they want lots of money for used 2008-2009 with low miles. Trying to keep the bill under 35k. There's a couple around may have to take a look.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We looked at the enclave but they want lots of money for used 2008-2009 with low miles. Trying to keep the bill under 35k. There's a couple around may have to take a look.

Funny! they are the same money at new...I think I paid $41 all in back at my door. Bought it in Rexburg ID!

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't looked much stateside. Anyone have any good sites that I can look up and see what's available.

Top Bottom