Anyone buying an outlander MR?

05Cummins

Reaction score
Got mine a few weeks ago very stable beast of a machine.

2011 XMR nick named Swamp Donkey

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Ya'll are better off building a real skeg machine. The stock XMR tires are only 9" wide, they will sink in real skeg. Besides, Outlaws or Terminators are much better in skeg and water. Backs doo better in hard bottom'd mud pits hence the name Xtreme Mud Racer. We aren't racing, were riding.... Also, when chit is going down and U sinking and your friend is yelling for the winch cable, U MUST have visible snorkels. It has bone stock clutching, the exact same as the regular OL 800R XT or any 800R. The Max chassis sucks. U can't even wheelie the thing. A one seater is way more fun IMO than two seater model/chassis. If U have to add the seat, it's around $1000.00 or more. Lastly, if U sink the rig and get mud past the air compressor filter, it will fill the shocks with muddy water.... That means $3000.00 to replace the compressor and all 4 shocks... It's way better than the MP 700/1000 from the factory, but not near perfect....U can build a more capable, better tired, more fun machine for way less money. U just have to know the Rite people LOL.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking to buy one of these bad boy toys, theyr arnt in stock untill april here in olds, but they must just be the bees knees eh??:d

05Cummins

Reaction score
Ya'll are better off building a real skeg machine. The stock XMR tires are only 9" wide, they will sink in real skeg. Besides, Outlaws or Terminators are much better in skeg and water. Backs doo better in hard bottom'd mud pits hence the name Xtreme Mud Racer. We aren't racing, were riding.... Also, when chit is going down and U sinking and your friend is yelling for the winch cable, U MUST have visible snorkels. It has bone stock clutching, the exact same as the regular OL 800R XT or any 800R. The Max chassis sucks. U can't even wheelie the thing. A one seater is way more fun IMO than two seater model/chassis. If U have to add the seat, it's around $1000.00 or more. Lastly, if U sink the rig and get mud past the air compressor filter, it will fill the shocks with muddy water.... That means $3000.00 to replace the compressor and all 4 shocks... It's way better than the MP 700/1000 from the factory, but not near perfect....U can build a more capable, better tired, more fun machine for way less money. U just have to know the Rite people LOL.

I think the skinny backs do pretty good in the skeg I switched out to my buds laws and never made it thru any easier then i did with my backs.

My big long MR is way more stable the the std outy it dont wheelie great I bout a 4x4 give me my tires on the ground pulling me If I wana wheelie I will buy a Ds.

The air system has valves in it that close the shocks off and as long as you dont change the air seting after you swamp it it cant pump anything down system.

The clutching is a little lacking but it has rene weights and a 650 helix and a little tighter primary spring ( I know this cause mine has been pulled apart to confirm) can it be improved yep im working on that right now. But any outlander or rene can improve the clutching cause they aint great stock.

I extended my snorks big whoop cost me 11 bucks. (and you still cant see them under my new rad cover)

Have you rode a XMR for any amount of time?

Cause I have been out in the skeg with some reg built outlander's and gades with different tires backs laws in different sizes and I went every place they did with no issues.

as far as building a reg outy cheaper when I bought mine I priced a 800r xt-p when I added the BRP rad snorks wheels tire's it came out to 175 bucks more then the MR. Plus the 11 bucks to extend the snorks on it also so it didnt look like a crack head plumber got my machine for a day.

Oh and I didnt have the air susp witch I like and my warrenty well they said they would make no garentee that it would be coverd in the future as to the MR short of sinking it it WILL be coverd.

At the end of the day to have a mud machine with a full 3 year warrenty.
That is super stable and just as capable as a built std outy(cheaper) that you can get on and ride with some minor mods PRICELESS.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Great. So U have the same machine as every other person out there. Just like the MP 700's... There will be 50 of them at every ride. I guess if U want to be the same as every one that's o.k.. I know personally that Laws doo way better than silver backs in skeg. Not even going to dispute that fact. Pulling wheelie's and water wheelie's is what mud riding is all about IMO. For pit racing which is what the Extreme Mud Racer was built for, the Max chassis work's great. So much so that I call it cheating vs a regular chassis LOL. As to this comment,

The clutching is a little lacking but it has rene weights and a 650 helix and a little tighter primary spring ( I know this cause mine has been pulled apart to confirm) can it be improved yep im working on that right now. But any outlander or rene can improve the clutching cause they aint great stock.

The online parts fische lists the same part numbers for the spring. The rene weights are not the best. QSC for the best set-up for mudding by far from what I have tried.

Plus, if a guy wants a Max for the rear seat, it adds another $1000 or more to the cost.

Last edited:

05Cummins

Reaction score
OH I get it now you sell these things now I know why you are kinda backwards on this like most people that sell them (dunno why become a salesmen lose half your grey matter when you punch in it seems)

How do you sell anything with your azzhat attitude?

Im going to inform your boss about your less then steller attitude towards what people wana buy cause I guess if I have more skill as a rider and can get my max anyplace and you need a short super fat tired machine with huge dumb looking snorks im the HONKEY.

So lets get this straight the XMR is just as capable without a hint of the problems you claim it has.

You as a sales team member should get your facts together before you come on and yap about having to spend 3g if you swamp your machine. (seen 2 swamped no 3g repair bill maybe at your shop you bend people over ) and lose what credibility you have in some of the peoples eyes here!

Oh and the backs and laws dispute is nill cause 90 percent of riding in the skeg is the skill of the rider I ride skeg in the patch doing consulting and survey just about every day and no ones going further cause they have laws. LMAO you sales men

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Wow. Finally this part of the forum has something to read LOL. To each his own man. This forum usually has had about 1 post per month in the last year LOL. Glad U like your machine. Now calm down. How long did air ride on Ski-Doo last? 1 year. Also, make sure to extend your crank case breather line. Leave about 2 feet of extra hose in the bottom of the airbox and attach a harley davidson style crank case filter. This will prevent water from entering the bottom end of the motor. On the XMR, the breather line is on the air box lid. Better from the factory than the regular can-ams, but it will still let water in U swamp it....

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
O, and a water proof fan over ride switch too. Bypass the head temp sensor and fan relay. That way when either quits working, U can still turn the fan on. Kind of important IMO LOL.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
OH I get it now you sell these things now I know why you are kinda backwards on this like most people that sell them (dunno why become a salesmen lose half your grey matter when you punch in it seems)

How do you sell anything with your azzhat attitude?

Im going to inform your boss about your less then steller attitude towards what people wana buy cause I guess if I have more skill as a rider and can get my max anyplace and you need a short super fat tired machine with huge dumb looking snorks im the HONKEY.

So lets get this straight the XMR is just as capable without a hint of the problems you claim it has.

You as a sales team member should get your facts together before you come on and yap about having to spend 3g if you swamp your machine. (seen 2 swamped no 3g repair bill maybe at your shop you bend people over ) and lose what credibility you have in some of the peoples eyes here!

Oh and the backs and laws dispute is nill cause 90 percent of riding in the skeg is the skill of the rider I ride skeg in the patch doing consulting and survey just about every day and no ones going further cause they have laws. LMAO you sales men

I also highly resent your less than stellar A$$ UMPTION of me. U have no idea what I doo. I doo know that if U spend any time on any major Can-Am forum, U will find many issues with the air ride suspension. I did not come on here to befriend people. The truth hurts I know LOL. I also don't ride through skeg for work, I ride in it for fun... There's a major difference there, as U will find the easiest path through and I will look at that 300 ft long jellied power line and say, heh I have 4 hours to get through it.... Let's give er. Laws do doo better than Back's. How can U compare 9" wide tires to 12" wide tires in the rear anyways? Now if I ride with 30 guys most rides all modded, do I want to see RED faces from a XMR air ride suspension issue, skinny rear tire problem, no visible snork's or a ch!t a$$ grin from riding a properly set-up machine? The XMR needs IMO 31" Laws skinny wide combo, clutching, fan over ride switch, extended snorkels and so on.

Here's a great vid of a skeg filled fun day, 31" LAWS pulling through. U don't want to see the machines with Backs's go through, cause NO one runs them around here LOL.... YouTube - ostacruiser's Channel

Last edited:
Top Bottom