anyone burn a computer or ecu apex

mark23ca`

Reaction score
i'm getting code 20 too back firing,feul pump not working in the cold , takes 3 trys to start it when cold ..i fixed the ground blocks found some ground wires that were black inside from being overheated lack of ground i think ..ordered a computer off of ebay ..any pros here wanna give me a clue what i'm doing cause i don't really know haha

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like you mite have some bad relays,they can cause this,bad fuel pump relay & load relay
its the #31s in this pic,could be water in them too.
2010 Yamaha APEX MTX (RX10MTZW) Electrical 1 | Yamaha Sports Plaza
the other thing to check is your plugs on you rectifier,regulator & your ecu they get water in them if they are not dia greased & will cause some crazy intermittent probs.

mark23ca`

Reaction score
sounds like you mite have some bad relays,they can cause this,bad fuel pump relay & load relay
its the #31s in this pic,could be water in them too.
2010 Yamaha APEX MTX (RX10MTZW) Electrical 1 | Yamaha Sports Plaza
the other thing to check is your plugs on you rectifier,regulator & your ecu they get water in them if they are not dia greased & will cause some crazy intermittent probs.
thanks i think you may be right ..i'm going to check them with the hair dryer after its back together out in the cold it seems to be when things fail ...i'm going to try the new red ones or solid state ones i think they call them..thanks again for your post ..its good to have a second opinion ..i don't trust my own lately

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no prob i just had a fuel relay go so i know the feeling,but usually if it acts up from cold its the relay,one other thing to check if you have a external fuel filter ie not in tank they can get some water in them then will freeze when cold.

mark23ca`

Reaction score
put it all back together last nite in the garage ..started right up no codes and good strong idle got to back er out and see if works when its been prechilled lol..i took the whole wiring apart checked allot of wires...replaced some that had been burnt to a blue crisp on the inside ..put a ebay computer on it that came with the atmospheric pressure sensor on it ....hope she works in the cold

Top Bottom