Any wheather forcasters out there.

cooper

Reaction score
Hay any thoughts on what winter will bring us this year. looks like summer is done i hope. keep the shiney side up .:beer:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay any thoughts on what winter will bring us this year. looks like summer is done i hope. keep the shiney side up .:beer:

not in sask, its still 26-31 here. next week shows 18 but then going up again by the weekend.

Guys with farmers almanac on other forums posted cold and average to below average snow. In the states anyways.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmers almanac for southeastern BC calls for above average temps with above average snowfall.

Perfect.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I heard once long ago that back in the day the Indians used to judge how much snowfall there was going to be that year by the Height the Bee Hives were built in the trees. Well I don't know about you guy's but man I've seen alot of nesting bee's in the Ground this year :eek:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard once long ago that back in the day the Indians used to judge how much snowfall there was going to be that year by the Height the Bee Hives were built in the trees. Well I don't know about you guy's but man I've seen alot of nesting bee's in the Ground this year :eek:
My Indian legends had it the other way if there nesting in the ground there will be lots of snow. Depends I guess where the Indians live!!

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com
I think those were wasp's not bee's because I hit their nests with the weed wacker and got bitten alive or was it dead.:d:d:d:d
and I also heard it meant a long miserable winter.Lets just hope there's lots of snow to go with it.
:):):):):)

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have a bee`s nest on my pourch its down low. I am going on holiday`s sunday for a week i will do the snow DANCE from black diamond to castlegar and area.I guess at one time it was only cowboys and Indians.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
93 more days untill snowmobiling at Long Lake, I have had a place at the lake since 1983 and have never been wrong yet . Pretty bold ah. It will be a good year, one foot by christmas two by 3rd week in jan. and three by family day weekend.
Welcome to Fall guys
Don

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya, i see the pine cones are at the top of the trees and some say the higher they are the more snow....im crossing everything i have that can cross.

Terry

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont want to disappoint but the Canadian Almanac doesnt look good for this winter.

I truely hope it is wrong.

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

being native myself ive heard from my grandfather , go out on the first day of fall and see how far you pee down wind , for every foot you pee well get a meter of snow, so im going to the biggest mountain i can find on the 22 gonna put it to the test :p

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
93 more days untill snowmobiling at Long Lake, I have had a place at the lake since 1983 and have never been wrong yet . Pretty bold ah. It will be a good year, one foot by christmas two by 3rd week in jan. and three by family day weekend.
Welcome to Fall guys
Don

You call that good? You flatlanders!;) Word I heard was another "El Nino" winter coming through Western BC. Had one of those two seasons ago and epic powder days every time we went out. Come on snow! :beer:

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
El nino year is what I have heard... above average precip but also above average temps!! Fresh dusting of snow in the kirks and shees this morning when the clouds lifted!!

Top Bottom