Any thoughts What this may be?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I started it with the cover of and nothing,pretty confusing.
catmando!

does it only make the noises when there is weight on the wheels? or did it make the noise when you had it jacked up and the covers off as well?

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catmando your not going to like this but that ticking noise is coming from a bearing in the motor. I was out quadding today with a group of people from the Wildwood area and 2 of them have prowlers. Got chatting and mentioned the clicking noise that you described and the fella said he just had to fix his a couple weeks ago for the same thing. Its a bearing in the secondary transmission assembly. One of the bearings sees alot of side loading from the torgue on the shaft which prematurely wears the bearing out. If not caught in time and fixed it can go from a $2600 job to a new motor....$6600. Check out this website and it'll give you an exploded view of your unit. Alpha Sports - Arctic Cat ATV Catalog

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Catmando your not going to like this but that ticking noise is coming from a bearing in the motor. I was out quadding today with a group of people from the Wildwood area and 2 of them have prowlers. Got chatting and mentioned the clicking noise that you described and the fella said he just had to fix his a couple weeks ago for the same thing. Its a bearing in the secondary transmission assembly. One of the bearings sees alot of side loading from the torgue on the shaft which prematurely wears the bearing out. If not caught in time and fixed it can go from a $2600 job to a new motor....$6600. Check out this website and it'll give you an exploded view of your unit. Alpha Sports - Arctic Cat ATV Catalog

That would suck! Thanks Marty I will check into it.
catmando!

Top Bottom