Any serious issues reported for the 2012 RMK's?

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Just wondering, haven't heard of anything too serious, apparently the 2012's have updated motormounts, new fuel mapping, and that's bout it. Anyone?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, haven't heard of a single issue. Sucks though, makes for terrible internet chatter..... or lack their of. lol.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem I'm hearing is that ski doo sales are down and so some canadiens are getting laid off! Would that comment be a bit of a stir in the pot?

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our buds hasnt had any problems, oil light seems to come on in the first part of the ride but shut it off and fire it backup and its fine again. works well :)

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main problem with them is circled on the front of the hood! Hehe just teasing guys. If I didn't get a freeride I would've got an RMK

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats with the Weird Plug number they are using? GR9A-EG. What is up with that?

scottp

Reaction score
It's made by NGK specificaly for the 600 and 800 RMKs and the only place you will find them is at a Polaris dealer. Cycle Works in Edmonton had a boatload so I picked my spares from them for around $7 each.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motor mounts are updated. There is also a kit out to update the 2011 mounts. Fuel mapping changed because they are using a new supplier for the ecu and injectors. New NGK plug has a different core and is supposed to resist fouling better.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 2012's in our group one was flawless and the other was throwing codes and going into limp mode on and off all day, changed plugs/fuel, parked in my trailer with the heater on and the problems went away? no word from the dealer on the cause, they did say the codes came up on the scan and may have been a result of not having frog skins installed in combination with the great snow conditions in Valemount, installing the skins this week and I'll let you know what the dealer says when he gets it back

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we checked a lot of connections on the hill and everything seemed good, a couple polaris for life guys up Allen creek that were very helpful and still couldn't diagnose it, almost seemed like the throttle was sticking open like a carbed unit with ice on the carb springs, rough idle, stalling trying to use reverse, bog until the sled was taped open, must have been minor he dropped it off this afternoon and it was ready to pick up before closing time, was fun lippin the sled until our guides M series went down and one of the XP's towed him home;) atleast the pro didn't leave him stranded and even with the bogging and issues he still got a ride in

Top Bottom