Any operators work at Firebag?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbor worked up there for a long time as a supervisor and the only thing that kept him there was the money and that got old to. Some of the stories about laying all Alberta welders off and kept the imports was one story. Kind of refered it to behind bars??

seano11

Reaction score
ya when you have newfie supervisors they tend to lay off everyone from alberta and bring in more newfies its a real piss off

Last edited by a moderator:

seano11

Reaction score
o well sorry must be a diff story at firebag cuz seems to me every job i've had up here this happens I have nothing against them but when I get sent home and more of them come up kinda pisses me off

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o well sorry must be a diff story at firebag cuz seems to me every job i've had up here this happens I have nothing against them but when I get sent home and more of them come up kinda pisses me off

Either way would PO most and unfair.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would rather work at Macdonalds..........as long as its not in Ft Mac!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been up there quite a bit lately taking care of some of their rotating equipment. Quite a few of the guys I know there are looking and hope not to be there by mid-summer. It's quite a s_hit show. If you are content to just put in hours and not give a damm it's probably a good place to work.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys working at the emergency response department at firebag.
Not sure if that helps you out.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right know I work a Dow Prentiss, we are down 5 operators and counting. Firebag starts at 175ish for me to make that I work 650 hours ot. So same $ at 650 hours less is tempting plus the pension is double!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been up there quite a bit lately taking care of some of their rotating equipment. Quite a few of the guys I know there are looking and hope not to be there by mid-summer. It's quite a s_hit show. If you are content to just put in hours and not give a damm it's probably a good place to work.

Operators?

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya when you have newfie supervisors they tend to lay off everyone from alberta and bring in more newfies its a real piss off

Newfies and other foreigners just take the money and spend it at home, it's gone from Alberta's economy, that's just wrong.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Operators?

Know a couple of operators up there They pay big bucks for a reason, to keep people there. We fired one guy here lots of experience who coouldn't operate at all, now he's a shift sup there.:nono: Scary!!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know a couple of operators up there They pay big bucks for a reason, to keep people there. We fired one guy here lots of experience who coouldn't operate at all, now he's a shift sup there.:nono: Scary!!!

We lost another operator to Firebag today.

Top Bottom