Any machanics help with a light problem

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a dodge ram 1500 2007 when i put my turn signal on to go left or right. The headlight will go out when i signal like if i signal left the left headlight goes out. But comes back on when its off same with the other side what should i look for is it a earth problem:confused:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a dodge ram 1500 2007 when i put my turn signal on to go left or right. The headlight will go out when i signal like if i signal left the left headlight goes out. But comes back on when its off same with the other side what should i look for is it a earth problem:confused:

It is made that way....DRL actually go off..

Turn your headlamps on and try it..

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, dont laugh they make them that way!!! i couldnt believe it either...i guess its suppose to make you more visible for the vehicles approaching you..i know the headlites on the ford dont shut off till you shut them off....lol

and thats the truth..

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dear john........have you noticed this problem with oncomming vehicles turning and signaling..........no...... ok look down...... did your head just fall off.....yes ..well good then now give it a kick..........hehehhehe !

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep suppose to be like that as said. Seems like a stupid design to me to. But don't worry nothings wrong :beer:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys i didnt know only got the truck two weeks ago. Also whats a good dodge forum want to know about some good upgrades for the hemi.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another stupid dodge first they must think it dont get dark here hahaha:d

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys i didnt know only got the truck two weeks ago. Also whats a good dodge forum want to know about some good upgrades for the hemi.
best upgrade for the hemi is a diesel........... joking... lots on dodge talk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another stupid dodge first they must think it dont get dark here hahaha:d

once you turn on the lights they do not do it anymore, it only happens during daytime and when the driving lights are on.

If you've ever been faced head on with one of the newer vehicles, every year the lights are becoming brighter and brighter and you can't tell if the signal is on or not and if the person is turning (oncoming traffic). I personally think it's a great idea and I have no doubt in 5 yrs they will be like this on all cars/trucks. It makes me feel safer knowing that my bright headlights are not blinding people and that they can see my signal and see my full intention to lane change or turn or whatever. It's also nice when someone is behind you and they pull out to change lanes, you can clearly see the headlight go out in your mirror and the signal light comes on, you know their full intention as well. I'm sure it will save a lot of people from being cut off by the people ahead when they pull out to change lanes etc.

Oh yeah, just double check that it's not doing it with your headlights actually turned on (should only do it in driving lights/daytime running lamps mode, once you turn on the headlights it should not do it anymore). This wasn't a standard feature on all 07 trucks so someone might have swapped in a different headlight module from a newer truck. Just make sure it works ok in all modes.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once you turn on the lights they do not do it anymore, it only happens during daytime and when the driving lights are on.

If you've ever been faced head on with one of the newer vehicles, every year the lights are becoming brighter and brighter and you can't tell if the signal is on or not and if the person is turning (oncoming traffic). I personally think it's a great idea and I have no doubt in 5 yrs they will be like this on all cars/trucks. It makes me feel safer knowing that my bright headlights are not blinding people and that they can see my signal and see my full intention to lane change or turn or whatever. It's also nice when someone is behind you and they pull out to change lanes, you can clearly see the headlight go out in your mirror and the signal light comes on, you know their full intention as well. I'm sure it will save a lot of people from being cut off by the people ahead when they pull out to change lanes etc.

Oh yeah, just double check that it's not doing it with your headlights actually turned on (should only do it in driving lights/daytime running lamps mode, once you turn on the headlights it should not do it anymore). This wasn't a standard feature on all 07 trucks so someone might have swapped in a different headlight module from a newer truck. Just make sure it works ok in all modes.

Ya, I have to agree, I think it's a great idea. Hopefully there's more manufacturers that follow suit.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This wasn't a standard feature on all 07 trucks so someone might have swapped in a different headlight module from a newer truck. Just make sure it works ok in all modes.

I couldn't find what year they started doing that, I assumed 06 because that was the year they changed the headlights.

I got a laugh from these comments from 06, some of these guys are sure it's a problem. LoL

Observation of Chrysler/Dodge Vehicles - Winnipeg Gas Prices

Do you really need more power John ?

Mrs. Polcats "thanks buton" is obviously stuck on

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Another thing all manufactures should have is Auto headlights like G.M. has,too many people drive with the DRL on when they shouldn't,,,,can't teach stupid i guess

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^
Yep wife's 05 Jeep Cherokee does it. I agree with Modman....i like the feature and hope all others follow.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Normal,

You can try Dodgetalk and there is the

Also if you want any info you can hit me up I used to have a 2006 1500, and spent countless hours reading what I could do to my truck.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Normal,

You can try Dodgetalk and there is the

Also if you want any info you can hit me up I used to have a 2006 1500, and spent countless hours reading what I could do to my truck.

I was thinking of getting a K&N cold air intake first

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a K&N cold air intake first

Save your money, K&N are over rated, my first CAI was a K&N and it almost dusted my engine. I switched to an AEM dryflow and was very happy after that.

IMO the CAI didn't do crap for performance or MPG, do an exhaust first, but keep either the front or rear resonator to keep the drone down. Then save for a superchips or diablosport predator, great performance and takes the shitty torque management from the transmission making a way more snappy throttle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom