any m series running camoplast extreme 2.5?

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like ill be running my old m7 till the end of this season. i have the old challenger 162. i came across a decent deal on a new camo extreme 162....

been doing a little research and people say it makes the m-series feel like a tank.... the track does weigh 60 some pounds... a whole lot heavier then the powerclaw or challenger.

anyone one try the camo extreme?

does it affect the side hilling/boondocking capabilities of the m-series? i dont do a whole heck of alot of climbing so i dont really care about that.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut and past my post from the other website...
5000 miles on my 162, one cut lug. 08 m1000 162.
I had three torn lugs on the stock track within the first month of ownership. I regularly debark trees, till stumps, crush rock and smooth out gravel roads on her without issues haha.
Are looking for the original camo ex or the new style?
You'll probably have to reclutch a bit but that track has kicked azzz the whole time.
You might be able to go a bit shorter of a track, call tracks USA, they'll know.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got a pc on my m1000 and my bro has a 2.5 camo (new style) on his m8, the camo better overall track hands down.

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
I am running the the new one and it works great way better than the power claw track

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Run the 2.5 CE on my TM1000 and noticed a huge difference all the way round. If you are concerned about side hilling go with the 2 wheel kit @ the rear as it seems to fold in enough for me.

fersch

Reaction score
Ive got one on my 2011 cat m8 153 and its a night and day. ITS WELL WORTH THE MONEY

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just threw a 3" on and WOW is all I can say. Haven't had it in any deep snow yet but what I did have it in it was awesome. Wish I had of done it long ago

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a CE 162X15X2.5 on my 05 m7 @~140hp, makes almost 30mph less track speed then my ~170hp sled that has a 163X16X2.25, but makes better ground speed and will out climb it all day. Needless to say the 170hp sled is getting a CE this year, but probably in the 3" variety.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the the new one and it works great way better than the power claw track

I said this almost 3 years ago after the first scary experience with the powerclaw track, and no-one believed me. Thankfully, the marketing hype was still at full throttle and we were able to offload that glorified set of staggered mud flaps to an unsuspecting victim with no trouble. A 2.5 camo extreme took its place and we haven't looked back.

eforwell

Reaction score
scrfce i know you are an advocate for the powerclaw from reading some of your posts. what is your opinion on the 2.5 camo extreme vs the stock 153 powerclaw? I am debating a 162 upgrade to a powerclaw or maybe just do a 153 camo extreme and leave it at that? Did you have to change any clutching?

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 153 2.5 Camo Extreme on my 08 M8 ( now my son's sled) at the beginning of the season. All I can say is that this track is the best mod you can do to your M! It excels in all areas, climbing, powder, trenches, and most of all braking! No more hairy, white knuckle rides down the mountain with this track. You can actually come to a complete stop on the really steep stuff, and maintain control at all times. I know I've heard it mentioned that this track trenches alot, but I didn't find that at all. Now I just need to find the extra money to throw a Camo Extreme on my new ProClimb.....I'm really disliking that PowerClaw track! :-(

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scrfce i know you are an advocate for the powerclaw from reading some of your posts. what is your opinion on the 2.5 camo extreme vs the stock 153 powerclaw? I am debating a 162 upgrade to a powerclaw or maybe just do a 153 camo extreme and leave it at that? Did you have to change any clutching?
the 2.5 camo is def a better track, luv mine. That being said i also like the powerclaw, just not enuf lug, i bet the new 2.6 will be a winner. As for the braking issue, never really had it cause i do very little climbing in harder pack so never came down too many steep set up hills and even wen i did i never felt it was overwhelmingly scary,,,,faster than say the camo but oh well. For clutching i threw a rkt secondary kit on but i was gonna do that before i got the 2.5 camo anyway, check it out its a good set up for quick adjustments.

When choosing eforwell u need to look at what kinda snow u ride the most,,,, the powerclaw is stiffer and has fingers on the side that are good for gripping on trail and climbing/boondocking more set up stuff where the new camo 2.5 has no ridges on the paddles and are quite soft so its outstanding in the deeper blower pow, but won't be quite as good in the set up stuff,,, pros and cons for both, u just need to think which would suit u the best. IMO tho id go camo 2.5 over powerclaw 2.25 but it will be more $$$,,, u could also wait till fall and see if u can get a new take off 2.6 pc for cheap off someone that doesn't dig the pc tracks,,,,,choices choices buddy, hope i helped and didn't confuse lol

eforwell

Reaction score
thanks man, good reply. pretty much what i figured but glad to hear it. i ride the coq at britton creek almost all the time, mostly 10k and some henning and we some good powder stashes up there but nothing too huge. a good mix of snow through the season and i am finding the powerclaw a good track so far. i am thinking i want maybe do a 162 skid extension or swap out for my 153 but i am finding the more i ride it the more i like it...just have to be a little harder on the gas! tons of fun ,love my sled and looking forward to riding fernie this weekend as i have only been a few places around here and it should be a big change! thx again. EF

Top Bottom