174 inch camo extreme 2.5 '' on a 2011 m8

MJS

Reaction score
Has anyone put a 174 inch camo extreme 2.5 track on a m series cat. I have a pretty well stock 2011 hcr that i was thinking about putting the 174 on and was wondering if the sled will be able to turn that big of a track.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya what he said, thinking of putting a different track on mine, powerclaw is nice on trail but sure spins to much in soft snow or powder

Waste of time unless u turbo or big bore it, do some clutching and a track and you'll be happier

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya what he said, thinking of putting a different track on mine, powerclaw is nice on trail but sure spins to much in soft snow or powder
The camoplast extreme 2.5 3 pitch is on of the best all around tracks you wouldn't regret buying one

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thx for the info, I may have to put one on this year as I plan to ride way more mountain trips than previous years. Only doing one winter holiday this year for a week so time to climb some hills and kill some trees

The camoplast extreme 2.5 3 pitch is on of the best all around tracks you wouldn't regret buying one

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thx for the info, I may have to put one on this year as I plan to ride way more mountain trips than previous years. Only doing one winter holiday this year for a week so time to climb some hills and kill some trees
They do make a 156 that you can put on stock 153 rails with a larger idler and it'll give u a little more length, I'm planning on 10inch idlers and the 156 for my turbo this season

• Recommends
Reactions: MJS

MJS

Reaction score
Well i was going to put at least a 162 camo extreme but was maybe thinking about the 174 as i am a big guy at 6' 3'' 300 lbs. I did not want to buy a 162 and wish i would have went just a little bigger as the 162 only has 4.5 more inches on the ground verses the 153. The sled may get a big bore kit or some other power upgrades next year after the track upgrade first. Last year the sled never powered out just spun all the time and when you hit the softer stuff it trenched right away with even 3/4 throttle.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i was going to put at least a 162 camo extreme but was maybe thinking about the 174 as i am a big guy at 6' 3'' 300 lbs. I did not want to buy a 162 and wish i would have went just a little bigger as the 162 only has 4.5 more inches on the ground verses the 153. The sled may get a big bore kit or some other power upgrades next year after the track upgrade first. Last year the sled never powered out just spun all the time and when you hit the softer stuff it trenched right away with even 3/4 throttle.
I know that feeling all to well on my turbo but after a ride on my buddies 174 xp I really didn't like the tree riding ability but the pulls were fun, that 4.5 really adds up the difference fro
My 53 to my 62 is an idler and I can't compare really as the power is night and day, at 300lbs it may help u out more than it did me as I'm only 6'2 and down to 215 in prep for winter sledding, the thing with a 62 is u can save on rails and buy a used track easy enough but going from a 53 you're stuck modifying the tunnel anyway do I know where you're at and this is why I'm keepin my turbo a tail stander I'm cheap

MJS

Reaction score
thats another thing the 2011 hcrs come with a 162 inch tunnel so that would be easy to go to 162. Not sure if a longer tunnel would be needed for the 174 as the tunnel sticks up far enough. I was just wondering if anyone has tried the 174 on a 10 to 11 m8 as they are geared different from the older m8.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not 100% sure but I've been told without extending them on the 10-11 due to the higher hp you can get heating issues in non perfect conditions, check out van amburg they make tunnel extensions with skinz type running boards and they come with a cooler that make a world of difference all around

Top Bottom