Proclimb back to M series

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a proclimb and then went back to the M series? I went from an 09 M8 to a 2012 M8 and i really like the handling and suspension but its not as easy to manuver in the trees as my 09 and working on the sled is a pain in arse compared to the M not to mention all the upgrades needed to make the proclimb work. I'm kinda thinking of getting a 2010 or 11 but i don't want to regret it. I know with M series they need the fox floats revalved and a camo extreme 2.5 track to make them awesome. I know lots of people will say i'm stepping back with technology but i really liked the M chassis.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I finally admitted I was too old for my boosted Nytro last year I didn't BUY a Proclimb, but I tried a couple of them....and not just for 5 minutes either. Didn't care for the new chassis at all. I ended up going with a 2010 M8 instead and lovin' it, though I miss the power of my '07 M1000. Shoulda just kept that sled!. Still prefer the old M chassis. My two cents.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Good to hear because I went with an 11-M over a 12-pro climb LE.... often wonder if I made the right decision but mine was financially driven, couldn't justify an extra $2600 for 1 yr newer

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a litle unsure about my desicion to upgrade to my new 14m8000 from my 09 m8 after the first ride. Took me atleast 200 km to truly get the hang of the new chassis. You can not ride the new chassis like the old one for sure. Glad I did upgrade though I can now go places I never even thought possible before on a stock sled. And the suspension is so much nicer !

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't gone back (or forward yet either) but I thought for sure my next sled will be a new pro climb but now im not so sure. I only got to try a pro climb for one day and it wasn't the aww inspiring experience I thought it would be.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It took me 3 full days until I didn't really care to ride my M anymore. First couple days I wasn't real sure it was the right move. Rode the M for a few days. 3rd day on the proclimb was better the 4 th day I started on the m and took it back to the truck at noon and swapped for the proclimb. That was the end of the M series for me. Once I got used to it I just didn't care for the M. My $.02

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well in can say that going from my 09 to the Proclimb was awwe inspiring due to the power difference and suspension. It's not hard whipping through the trees but I am definitely more tired at the end of the day compared to the 09. This is why I can't help think that the M chassis with the HO motor and suspension upgrade would be an awesome ride.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a 12,13 and a 14 plus my 2010 sitting at his place. He often takes my 2010 out because he miss's some things from the old chassis.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol I find the new chassis harder to get unstuck or flipped back over if you tip it over on a side hill etc etc

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't gone back (or forward yet either) but I thought for sure my next sled will be a new pro climb but now im not so sure. I only got to try a pro climb for one day and it wasn't the aww inspiring experience I thought it would be.

Exactly what I thought. When I got off my '02 Summit and on to an '05 M7 it was AWE INSPIRING in the first 5 minutes! I'm on my 3rd M chassis since then and lovin' them. The Proclimb.....not so much, in fact not at all. My son's new XM however reminded me of the first time I rode my M7. A chit eatin' grin you couldn't wipe off my face with a shovel. When I brought it back he said "What got in to you? You don't ride like that any more." It was nice to be awe inspired again, even if it's gonna eventually cost me money! Still love the M, but next time it's bye bye AC!

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I thought. When I got off my '02 Summit and on to an '05 M7 it was AWE INSPIRING in the first 5 minutes! I'm on my 3rd M chassis since then and lovin' them. The Proclimb.....not so much, in fact not at all. My son's new XM however reminded me of the first time I rode my M7. A chit eatin' grin you couldn't wipe off my face with a shovel. When I brought it back he said "What got in to you? You don't ride like that any more." It was nice to be awe inspired again, even if it's gonna eventually cost me money! Still love the M, but next time it's bye bye AC!

I haven't tried a Xm but have heard good things. From both poo and cat guys.

Dont want to derail this and turn it into a brand basher so that's all im gonna say.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried a Xm but have heard good things. From both poo and cat guys.

Dont want to derail this and turn it into a brand basher so that's all im gonna say.

Me too. I've actually been a bit of a Doo basher at times, but I'm converted now. Still love my M chassis though.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear what your saying, i rode a couple XM's a few weeks ago in mcbride and they are really nice i just can't get over the price difference on the used machines. You can buy a brand new 2013 162 Cat for the same price as a 13 XM 154 with 2000km on it.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 08 m8 I put 4000 trouble free miles on it then had a 2011 m8 2500 trouble free miles on it and loved the extra power. I tried my buddys 12 m8 and thought it handled like chit . I now have a 14 xm and wow its like night and day difference [better]. I found it very easy to switch from my 2011 m8. However it still is clear to me how great the m8 realy was. I just hope the doo will be as reliable.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know if I can bring myself to physically buy a ski doo. Maybe ill get a Xm with a custom orange wrap that says "proclimb" and a " ski don't" snow flap lol.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never ridden a 2012 Proclimb, but own 2 - 2013's: an M1100T and a M800. Last two sleds were an M1000 and an M8 that were modded. I've been told the 2013 handles a lot better then the 2012, and the 2014 better then the 2013. After adjusting the suspension on the Proclimb for my taste, I will NEVER go back to the M-chassis, and that series was very dear to me. Even with extensive suspension upgrades on the M-series, they aren't even close at the end of the day IMHO. I am less tired riding the proclimb chassis, and they've been places my M-series had never been. This is simply an opinion, but I feel the PC chassis is a mix of Gen 1 REV chassis and M-series. Works very well overall, but doesn't shine in any particular area. The biggest complaint I had with the PC is the skis (replaced), and ski pressure, which can be adjusted out (I like a light front end).

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding my 14 m9000 for a weekend in the hills then I jumped on my 10 m8 when I got home and it felt all wrong .... the m felt very tiny and I didn't like how I sat on it now but after tossing or should I say trying to toss around the 1100 for 4 days the m8 got rag dolled all over the fields lol ... my uncle had an 08 M1000 then bought a 12 m8 and hated it then bought the 13 and loves it ... There was something about the 12 that just wasn't right !!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom