Any info on Ashmont rally

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at taking some holidays & don't want to miss the Ashmont rally. Anyone have a date for it this year. I see the Goodfish rally is end of April.

jeff5316

Reaction score
It's says its April 9th on there website and says tickets can be purchased starting March 9th. I wanna go this year also. I've never been to it before and would like to see what it's all about

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's says its April 9th on there website and says tickets can be purchased starting March 9th. I wanna go this year also. I've never been to it before and would like to see what it's all about

Exactly right, the Ashmont Ag Society called me today, they will be dropping off tickets here, and they will go on sale March 9th :)

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was able to buy 2 tickets one year then could not go. how can i get 2 more tix for this year..we would love to go...

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after looking at the website we can get tickets that morning? Not sure if I want to go yet so I won't be buying tickets before hand. Is there any benefit to buying tickets early? Just wondering why they do it this way. Is it just to avoid waiting in line at the beginning? Still have to wait in line to get your first card don't you???It is just a regular poker run isn't it?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after looking at the website we can get tickets that morning? Not sure if I want to go yet so I won't be buying tickets before hand. Is there any benefit to buying tickets early? Just wondering why they do it this way. Is it just to avoid waiting in line at the beginning? Still have to wait in line to get your first card don't you???It is just a regular poker run isn't it?

In the past, they only sold a finite number of tickets and they always sold out before hand. It seems the past one or two years, they reopened ticket sales And sold additional tickets on rally day.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's kinda goofy but at the same time a good idea. It controls the amount you have there but at the same time who wants to drive out there and not know if they can get in.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can always just ride nearby if they're not selling tickets, but I suspect it won't be a problem.

H82lose

Reaction score
Sorry Folks! Working at handing over the reigns and forgot about this site for updates. :( To clarify a few things....
The 2016 tickets are SOLD OUT!!

Yes, we can only register so many participants due to the insurance policy that we carry (I don't believe some of the other rallies carry insurance....but I am kind of an insurance go-ru and insist on it). Another reason that we can only allow so many participants is because we have gracious landowners that don't want the damage from more machines. We could risk losing permission from our land owners in the future and we would REALLY like to keep this "good thing" going!!! One more thing is that we provide a free lunch and supper with the purchase of a ticket, so we need to know how we will be feeding.

Volunteers are limited so we run our event according to the amount our volunteers can handle.

As far as riding along side the trail....this is a no go, as we have acquired permission from land owners to mark this trail, and if someone is riding off the trail, they are considered trespassing and we all know the possible consequences to that! Plus, we want to make sure all participants are safe throughout the day so we have check points in place to ensure that.

This Quad Rally has been happening for over 20 years in the area and the date has ALWAYS been in the first 2 weeks of April. We also advertise a month in advance of the tickets going on sale. First come first serve as always.

Thanks for your time and feel free contact us for further information at ashmontagsociety@hotmail.ca or check the website at

Last edited:

jbettens

Reaction score
I have an extra ticket for sale if anyone is interested. Bought one for my son who isn't going now. It is $40. Call or text 780-717-6815.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now after the last couple years of getting tickets at the door we are SCREWED!!! Couldn't get tickets in town because they sell out the day they are dropped off at dealers. And days before the event you tell us we cant buy at the door....... GREAT NEWS !!!!!!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's unfortunate, but in their defense, it doesn't look like they ever did advertise on Snow and Mud. I guess it's their prerogative if they're happy with the amount of proceeds generated and want to keep the rally to a manageable size.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize they don't advertise on S&M but the fact that the last 3 yrs Ive been going you can always get a trail pass only at the door to at least ride. May not get a lunch or supper but that's minor. They hand out tickets to dealers & they are sold same day before a guy can even get off work to get any. So its been a norm & now days before the Rally they mention NO Extra Tickets.
Whatever....saves me a wasted drive I guess.

Top Bottom