Any Idea's?

Sooley

Reaction score
I have a 2010 d8, which I bought new last season as a leftover. At 221 miles the oil pump failed causing complete engine failure ( covered under warranty. ) My local dealer requested a crate engine but Polaris industries responded with a parts list longer then my arm, all in all the only thing used from my original engine was bolts and head cover. Which didn't sound to bad as there was a 10 week back order on crate's compared to a 5 week back order on cylinders. By the time I got it back from the dealer I only had time for one so called ride about 30 miles. The sled ran good even better then it did originally.So this year, when we finally got snow I filled the sled up with Shell premium and added a little oil for insurance. I went for two little rides in the trails behind my home, just to scratch the itch a little. Then we had enough snow to go for a real ride so me the boys geared up to go on a trip up river, probably 60 miles ther and back. I never made it 5 miles and the engine ceased up, I was running at about 40 mph at 124 degrees. I pulled the plugs and still couldn't pull it over. So I got it towed back to the garage and left it heading of the dealer ship.( my warranty ran out two weeks ago) Now I have to wait till jan 13 to have it looked at for them to decide if they will cover it.But today I was showing a buddy and I went to pull it over and it started kinda and died again, that's how I left it. any ideas on what could cause this to happen or should I just wait for the dealer to look at it. I have a trip planned to value mount on the 18th and would like to have a sled to ride.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THAT SUCKS SOMETIME a lemon is a lemon all makes have them doo yammy cat and polaris. Don't no what to say I don't think the dealer will give u a demo for that weekend but if he was smart he would, ask it doesn't hurt.If they fix it trade it in once they fix it and good luck with the newer model. good luck because this sucks.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 d8, which I bought new last season as a leftover. At 221 miles the oil pump failed causing complete engine failure ( covered under warranty. ) My local dealer requested a crate engine but Polaris industries responded with a parts list longer then my arm, all in all the only thing used from my original engine was bolts and head cover. Which didn't sound to bad as there was a 10 week back order on crate's compared to a 5 week back order on cylinders. By the time I got it back from the dealer I only had time for one so called ride about 30 miles. The sled ran good even better then it did originally.So this year, when we finally got snow I filled the sled up with Shell premium and added a little oil for insurance. I went for two little rides in the trails behind my home, just to scratch the itch a little. Then we had enough snow to go for a real ride so me the boys geared up to go on a trip up river, probably 60 miles ther and back. I never made it 5 miles and the engine ceased up, I was running at about 40 mph at 124 degrees. I pulled the plugs and still couldn't pull it over. So I got it towed back to the garage and left it heading of the dealer ship.( my warranty ran out two weeks ago) Now I have to wait till jan 13 to have it looked at for them to decide if they will cover it.But today I was showing a buddy and I went to pull it over and it started kinda and died again, that's how I left it. any ideas on what could cause this to happen or should I just wait for the dealer to look at it. I have a trip planned to value mount on the 18th and would like to have a sled to ride.

with all the bad motors from 08-10 in the dragons they better go good on warranty.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave it for the dealer to check out. I would be after them to get it in a lot sooner than the 13th too!

Sooley

Reaction score
Yeah the said drop it off they might get to look at it sooner, but if it's not warranty I could have it fixed on my own dime before then, but that's my own dime.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 08 800 dragon that I bought brand new back then!At 60 miles rear shock snapped,warranty covered it.At 130 miles rear shock snaps again,front shock in skid pukes it guts out,I'm 6' and 210 so polaris said I was jumping it which I was not so it cost me 1000$ for ryde fx shocks!In the mean time this thing was drinking a tank of oil to 3/4 tank of gas!Smokier than hell riding and expensive synsetic oil!!Polaris decides to warranty a shock but my dealer had to take pictures of my sled in july to see what the rest of the machine looked like!!It was mint with one scratch on the hood!That fall I take it back in and have any updates done, they warranty the oil pump and reflash the ecm to fix the bogging issue it would have the odd time and give it more power and 20 miles later it sucks a crank seal out and takes out the whole engine!!Warranty covers engine so it has a 09 engine installed because dealer made a fuss because polaris wanted to fix old one!!By then it had 800 miles on it and I was sick of it and wanted to trade it off and dealer offers me 6200$ with 0 on new engine!!While it was down I went and bought a 09 m1000 and ended up getting 7700$ for the dragon on trade on a new 1000 quad!!So I was done with polaris!!!They try and get out of warranty,I ran polaris since 96 and it wasn't the first time their warranty department shafted me but it was the last!!I ran 7 new machines in that time and had to fight to get anything covered!!

Top Bottom