Any flooring guys here?

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering what the best way to go is in my old house.
I was going to tile the kitchen and hall etc and then just lay that cheap easy laminate in the bedrooms living room etc.
I'm kind of leaning towards that waterproof laminate now and putting it through the kitchen as well.
Is this stuff junk? It does look cheap but should hold up to spilled beers and whatever else gets spilled on it?
Any opinions? There is old original hardwood throughout but I was told it would cost more and be a PIA to sand and fix up.....

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering what the best way to go is in my old house.
I was going to tile the kitchen and hall etc and then just lay that cheap easy laminate in the bedrooms living room etc.
I'm kind of leaning towards that waterproof laminate now and putting it through the kitchen as well.
Is this stuff junk? It does look cheap but should hold up to spilled beers and whatever else gets spilled on it?
Any opinions? There is old original hardwood throughout but I was told it would cost more and be a PIA to sand and fix up.....

how bad of shape is the old hardwood in... if it were me i would keep the old hardwood and fix it

crushd

Reaction score
you can rent the sander from home depot and do the work yourself, start in a bedroom and see how it works out. then use that clear floor varathane. Hardest part is the cleanup afterwards(dust)

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even a belt sander with a coarse belt does not take all that long to get the finish off. Then go down in grit or over to a palm sander. Diamond finish is water based and does not stink at all it requires 4 coats but can be refinished easily without having to do the whole floor just the problem areas.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe I will try that sander out. I didn't know that you could rent them. Thanks for the tips guys! :beer:

Top Bottom