Any E mountain bike owners here?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a lengthy conversation about the kenevo with our salesman. He said it's a great bike but definitely more designed for guys pushing super hard going downhill, and doing big drops and jumps. Just test riding the levo around town I knew it was more than enough for the stuff I want to do
I do love my downhill, more is better but I find my 170 mm travel handles everything I can throw at it, but spending this kinda change best to look at all the options.
how do you find the weight. Close to 50lbs it sounds like a heavy bike to navigate going down hill and air born.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly surprised how unnoticeable it is. They are definitely heavier to pick up, but I don't notice it riding it at all. I haven't had it out in the mountains yet though. If you are used to the longer travel slacker framed bikes you would probably love the kenevo. Another great option might be the commencal meta. Pretty good value

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a Kenevo, it has a dual crown fork and is the monster truck of e bikes. To much bike for all round riding but if all you want to do is pound laps on DH trails it's the way to go.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C92F1854-D427-45CB-918B-41BF736E7561.jpeg Thanks a lot deaner, now look what you made me do. Went with the levo SL, little less motor but lighter and hopefully faster downhiller.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome! We'll have to get out for a ride this summer. I love the trails in Castlegar
Sounds good, wife’s parents live in creston so I’ll pm you when we get over that way too. Tammi still on a analog bike....for now.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey deaner! Few trails opening up here. Trail and collage loop here in gar. How’s the bike. I’m loving mine, so nice to have a little boost lol. Finding I’m almost having twice the fun with half the effort... well not half, still puffin.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey deaner! Few trails opening up here. Trail and collage loop here in gar. How’s the bike. I’m loving mine, so nice to have a little boost lol. Finding I’m almost having twice the fun with half the effort... well not half, still puffin.

Just been riding around home a bunch. Actually planning to get out on Saturday to hit the trails. Might head Cranbrook direction. Guessing the community forest trails should be good to go. Can't wait to head to Castlegar in a bit and try the new bike out on Mr green jeans. Love that trail

The one day around here we biked to my in laws along our side by side trail......but there was about six inches of crusty snow. Would have been almost impassable on a regular bike but we just flew on the ebikes. Couldn't believe it

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet, was in Cranbrook last week and the trails are open and super busy. Mr green jeans will be a little bit. North shore ( up the lake north of Nelson) is open too.
we will get out soon I hope!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Recommendations on a E bike for a fat old guy that just wants too cruise the parks and river valley and keep up too my wife lol Dont want too break the bank so let’s call it a budget e bike. What would you guys suggest.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been getting out quite a bit lately. I honestly can't believe how awesome this thing is. It actually makes the uphill enjoyable. Before I used to just grunt through a couple hours of peddling uphill for 15 minutes of bliss going down. With the ebike it might be 45 minutes up instead, and it's not as exhausting/intense. And honestly can't believe how long a battery lasts. I put mine on the highest setting when going uphill and haven't even come close to killing my battery in a day.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recommendations on a E bike for a fat old guy that just wants too cruise the parks and river valley and keep up too my wife lol Dont want too break the bank so let’s call it a budget e bike. What would you guys suggest.
Old fat guy bike. Maverick distributing. I just bought 2 bikes. Rigid frames. Called AMPER’UP they have a few models. Ours were $1800 each. They work so good and Super fast. Definitely wouldn’t wanna be flying off a jump with it but they haul ass on gravel trails with giant tires on them everything feels like pavement. We’ve used ours every day since we got them LOL tons of fun.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old fat guy bike. Maverick distributing. I just bought 2 bikes. Rigid frames. Called AMPER’UP they have a few models. Ours were $1800 each. They work so good and Super fast. Definitely wouldn’t wanna be flying off a jump with it but they haul ass on gravel trails with giant tires on them everything feels like pavement. We’ve used ours every day since we got them LOL tons of fun.

My dad wants an ebike, going to look into this.

Top Bottom