Any Campsites in Alb that have Fishing / Quading ?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive heard of some places that are Quad Friendly Campsites cant remember where though.

I'm looking for a Campsite where we can get on a good trail system and also be able to go fishing at a lake ..

Reason. my 2 weeks holidays just got all screwed up and i have nothing booked yet , And thus its a perfect time to try and find a place where we can go ATVing and Fishing ect all in one spot.

I think this would be awesome.

And yes i realize i can do that stuff in whitecourt lol but honestly your not on vacation if your not far away from home :p

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
hope lake by boyle has quadding and fishing...10Km/h speed limit on the lake but good fishing & quadding....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eleanor Lake by Lac La Biche is a great spot for quading and Ive heard there are some big fish in the lake.
catmando!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CNP has enormous maze of trails with lake and creek fishing in abundance

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Eleanor Lake by Lac La Biche is a great spot for quading and Ive heard there are some big fish in the lake.
catmando!

Was the BEST...but unfortunately they have closed down the campground and gone too Bare-land-Condo's...we used to go every July long once Hope was off our list.....Place is awesome, pressure washer, store, good lake, awesome trails, group sites...nothing better....but as far as I know unless your willing to lay down 79K for a back-lot the good times are over...

Please correct me if I'm wrong...I'd love to go back...:beer:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the BEST...but unfortunately they have closed down the campground and gone too Bare-land-Condo's...we used to go every July long once Hope was off our list.....Place is awesome, pressure washer, store, good lake, awesome trails, group sites...nothing better....but as far as I know unless your willing to lay down 79K for a back-lot the good times are over...

Please correct me if I'm wrong...I'd love to go back...:beer:

I used to stay at Elinor the second week in June, but since they kicked out the annuals that had cabins and now no longer allow camping. Lots of fish of no size and you can't keep any. Could be a great fishery. That's another topic.
You could go towards Pinehurst and random camp. There is a staging area and a ton of trails around there. :beer::beer:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup did the Eilnor thing before too bad it's gone campsite is now cabin lots:(...........Guess he made roads on crown land charged people to the rent the land from him...then got caught doing it so all the cabins are now in the campground

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the elinor lake thing is too bad..it was a great place..the wishbone trail is always a great ride:beer:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bighorn dam..nice trails.very senic.fishin..but its random camping..the store is 2 km away..i know i will be back there this year:beer:

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com
If you want to get a way's from home there's an area southwest of ROBB Alberta called Grave Flats.It's back woods camping You find your own spot and setup.It's also Free.I have been there and there are lots of trails and lots of MUD .Some lakes and rivers for fishing and lots of falls.great scenery.Its near an Indian reserve called Small Boys Camp.
Here's A link to a web site with more information about the area.
Cardinal Divide near Hinton, AB - a hiking trail
:):)

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were really looking into the outwest camping now. I've been talking with sumx54 about it and it sounds good.

we might go for a week and change course to a lake for the 2nd week still figuring it out.

mudbug

Reaction score
You can try northbuck lake/ Chump lake/ skeleton lake/hope lake. All in the same area and you can quad to all the lakes. all have fishining and good trails. Chump lake has a camp ground it's $12 bean's a night or there is random camping.

Or you could head out to the Brazeau dam great fishing and lot's of quadding one of our favourite places to go. :d:d

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any lakes around rocky Mtn House that i can head too after the first week?

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
We spend every long weekend at outwest and haven't been anywhere else since going there, wicked atmosphere, great owners and great riding:beer:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but the july/aug long weekend is fully booked so we have to be out after our 7th day.. so was just going to pick a lake near by and spend the 2nd week fishing or something.

Top Bottom