Any autobody guys on here?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the wife took it upon herself to back my new pickup into a cement pillar and take out the passenger side of the box. Had a quote from the local shop, but they are well known for being the most expensive place on earth to have work done. Anyone know what a reasonable estimate should be for replacing the outside panel on a 2016 f150?

Or even recommendations of someone I could send pictures to for a quote. I dont mind driving if it saves me enough.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No insurance? I'm not a body guy, but from past experience Id say you are looking at a 10,000$ bill.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get a quote from any of the body shops in Cranbrook for comparison.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carstar in Leduc.

They did a great job for me.

I know the owner. Great guy.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No insurance? I'm not a body guy, but from past experience Id say you are looking at a 10,000$ bill.
Sounds about right, I just had my ram 2500 bumper, tailgate and passenger rocker panel repaired cost was $7300.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might not tell but it could be twisted. They might just replace the whole box.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe post a few pics so we can critique what you did wrong and what you should have done and what's wrong with your truck and why or why not you need air bags and if a sled deck will be legal................:D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Deaner, did you think about going south?? Might be quite a bit cheaper....

I know of a body shop in Kalispel that had(s) a brand new 2013 Super Duty box, rear bumper, and tailgate. Don't know if it would fit a '16 but might be worth a try.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deaner, did you think about going south?? Might be quite a bit cheaper....

I know of a body shop in Kalispel that had(s) a brand new 2013 Super Duty box, rear bumper, and tailgate. Don't know if it would fit a '16 but might be worth a try.

Ive thought about that. The dollar is just so bad right now, but might be worth checking out. Yeah one option is just replacing the whole box. There was one at spaldings in spokane, but ended up being close to the cost of repairs after exchange. Plus I would lose the spray in box liner I have now, and would have to do the job myself.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had both both box panels replaced on my GMC for a little over $5k each.

A recommendation made to me was to look for a takeoff truck box. I was told that it was common for some companies who build service trucks to have brand new ones kicking around.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've had both both box panels replaced on my GMC for a little over $5k each.

A recommendation made to me was to look for a takeoff truck box. I was told that it was common for some companies who build service trucks to have brand new ones kicking around.

Yes, this is true. Fernie Ford (Legacy Ford now I'm guessing) should have boxes laying around with all the mine trucks they do make overs on.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the wife took it upon herself to back my new pickup into a cement pillar and take out the passenger side of the box. Had a quote from the local shop, but they are well known for being the most expensive place on earth to have work done. Anyone know what a reasonable estimate should be for replacing the outside panel on a 2016 f150?

Or even recommendations of someone I could send pictures to for a quote. I dont mind driving if it saves me enough.

Post some pics, I’m in lethbridge, not that far. I can offer my unbiased opinion. And yes my shop is ford aluminum certified.

Also no pst in Alberta, so there’s a saving right off the top.

Last edited:

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Boxside, bumper, taillight should be more like 5. But hard to say how hard she mangled it without a picture.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just guessing on what’s actually damaged, new panel, decal and wheelhouse, painted taxes in etc is $3674.
4a8bdb4cbcdf24f4a6a1dd09b9f31af6.jpg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post some pics, I’m in lethbridge, not that far. I can offer my unbiased opinion. And yes my shop is ford aluminum certified.

Also no pst in Alberta, so there’s a saving right off the top.

That might work good. My sister in law lives in Lethbridge so it would be a good excuse for us to come visit. Ill get some pictures.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20180531_122804.jpg

20180531_122811.jpg

20180531_122929.jpg

Looks to me like bumper cover, once side of rear bumper chrome piece, box side, and not sure whether the pan in front of the bumper can just be straightened out or has to be replaced.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it'll be under 5 for sure. I just went through something similar with my '15. The outside skin of the box was removed and replaced, along with the bumper and cover. Mine has the Lane departure rear lights with are worth almost the same as the box panel itself. I think if I remember right my final bill once all extras (trim and decals) was $5700. When getting quotes I was told a few times that they don't fix these aluminum panels, they just replace them. Theres a few youtube vids on the process too.

Top Bottom