Another fatal quad accident.......

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
CALGARY – RCMP say alcohol is believed to be a factor in a fatal ATV rollover in west-central Alberta on Thursday.
A group of men were quading on a trail near Chambers Creek Campground when one failed to negotiate the terrain and fell 15 to 20 feet.
The driver was seriously injured by his ATV, which rolled on top of him.
His friends administered CPR until emergency crews arrived, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
RCMP say the victim, a 33-year-old man, wasn’t wearing a helmet at the time of the rollover.
Victim Services is providing assistance to the victim’s family members and friends.
Chambers Creek Campground is located about 30 kilometers west of Rocky Mountain House.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This individual was a Pidherney employee. I personally didn't know him.
RIP.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This individual was a Pidherney employee. I personally didn't know him.
RIP.
Would you mind pm'in me his name? Hoping its no one I know, been a few months since I quit and sure theres alot of new faces but RIP non the less

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alchol believed to be a factor,,,, No fawking helmet,,, Riding a quad..... Sounds preventable to me but what ever:rolleyes:

Until the coroner completes the autopsy it's all speculation by the media. 'Believed' how many times have they gotten that wrong, same as you saying drunk or preventable.

Until there are facts it's all speculation....

For the sake of the family that lost a loved one don't feed into the speculation or your the same as the media, just sayin.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until the coroner completes the autopsy it's all speculation by the media. 'Believed' how many times have they gotten that wrong, same as you saying drunk or preventable.

Until there are facts it's all speculation....

For the sake of the family that lost a loved one don't feed into the speculation or your the same as the media, just sayin.

Any time you get killed Sledding, Quadding, Biking ext I think its preventable. Impaired or not. Thats just my opinion.
I also think not wearing a helmet while doing any of these activities is just plain stupid.

I know that family or friends of this guy may read this and Im very sorry for your loss.
Im from Red Deer, I know the chambers creek area well. I have had MANY friends killed OHVing everyone of them was preventable.
and been almost killed myself several times.

Forums are for discussing this stuff. Sorry if my opinion hurts your feelings in any way.

Last edited:

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that he went over an embankment and his quad fell on him. These are facts.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that he went over an embankment and his quad fell on him. These are facts.

Yup and that's all that are facts.

Suspect alcohol doesn't mean he was drunk, no mention of skull fracture or crushed skull, no mention if he had a heart attack or seizure. A helmet won't prevent a broken neck.

So other than went off an embankment is the only fact there is other than no helmet but that doesn't relate to the cause of death BECAUSE no one knows the fact of the cause.

So why speculate and feed the rumour mill.

Have some respect for the family and WAIT until you are informed or know the facts.

Yes, every incident is preventable, but we all, no matter how safe and geared up we are accept those risks that come with our sport or driving a vehicle on the highway or crossing a street.

Again, for the respect of the family don't feed the rumour mill just sayin.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You said Are you sure to me....................now saying it was preventable.........

Pot stirrer you are I think

Nope, all incidents are preventable.

Icy roads, don't drive.

Heart attack, get a medical.

Seizure get a medical.

Snow storm don't drive.

Every incident is preventable, peel back the layers on an onion sooner or later you'll find a cause or contributing factor.

But don't make uneducated or unknown assumptions to sensationalize the circumstances until you are informed.

Jumping to conclusions or uneducated assumptions is a pot stir'er.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP and sincerest respect/condolences to the family

Top Bottom