Another ATV "accident"

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two injured in ATV crash

RCMP say they haven’t determined what caused that crash, but alcohol, road conditions and visibility are not thought to be factors.
RCMP in McLennan are investigating after a collision Saturday night between a pickup truck and an ATV killed one woman and send a man to hospital near Tangent, northwest of High Prairie.
Both vicitms were the riders on the ATV and neither were wearing helmets.
The injured man was taken to hospital in Peace River and later airlifted to Edmonton.
Condolences to family and friends of the deceased.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of the family has read this thread. I was contacted for information and I feel my post may be insensitive to those closest to the victims of this tragedy. I have removed my post and offer my apologies and deepest condolences.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy. Your sister was indeed unfortunate to whitness that regardless of the cause. While we have compassion for your sister, I do have some compassion for the riders too since this is an easy mistake to make, especially if you happened to be unfamiliar with the road. ...it looks like the woman died.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW ,there has been a lot this year..............Our thoughts are with them all at this time.......... I am not a fan of "doubling at all".......

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolances and RIP but today I saw a group of 3 quads 2 were doubling on 2 up canams not one of the 5 people were wearing helmets and 3 were ladys.They were also wearing sandles and shorts

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can the term squid be used with ATV riders? If these people were on bikes we'd be calling them squids.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm!! She would still be alive if they were not riding on the road!!!!
hundreds of OHV users ride that road every season, it is wide and smooth, plenty of room to meet any kind of vehicle. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened before now, I've been riding that area for many years and this is the first fatality that I know of. the road dead ends at the junction of the Smoky and the Peace Rivers, not a lot of vehicle traffic and maybe people get complacent.

I've had my fair share of close calls with other OHV's as well as wildlife on that road. almost hit a deer last spring doing warp chicken on my 450, nice straight stretch with good visibility and it popped out and ran across in front of me. it was a matter of inches....could have been a chopper ride for me too.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy crap that was close!

hundreds of OHV users ride that road every season, it is wide and smooth, plenty of room to meet any kind of vehicle. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened before now, I've been riding that area for many years and this is the first fatality that I know of. the road dead ends at the junction of the Smoky and the Peace Rivers, not a lot of vehicle traffic and maybe people get complacent.

I've had my fair share of close calls with other OHV's as well as wildlife on that road. almost hit a deer last spring doing warp chicken on my 450, nice straight stretch with good visibility and it popped out and ran across in front of me. it was a matter of inches....could have been a chopper ride for me too.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
That was close, but the one that ran in front of me I could have reached across the front of the quad and touched her. A couple of years ago at the Mcleod river, going back to camp on the road, never even had time to touch the brakes. Luckily she was moving faster than I was and I missed her hind end by about a foot. Mind you I was not travelling nearly as fast as you are in the vid, but still would not have been good if we made contact.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Hahahah that slowed ya down.........for a second. Lol. I have hit a deer on a quad before and have had a few close calls on the dirtbike as well.

averysadsister

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has information of who was at the scene when the atv accident happened on the 7th....
I would really like to talk or email them if I please could

Im her sister and am devastated imagining her in the ditch dieing alone.... Hoping someone was there to comfort her...

If you know anyone or how to contact them please let me know...

Thank you

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right after that happened to Tee, he showed me the vid. He was shakin' pretty good.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss...All I know is that they where heading out to my nephew's stag when this happened....a very sad accident for all involved.

Top Bottom