Another awesome sled trip!

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a couple of friends up to the cabin this weekend for some sledding. One buddy says since he's borrowing my Mountain Cat, old Brutus, an '02 1000 triple, he'll take his truck.
Saturday we rode in the cold mostly trails in the bush.Sunday we ride the lake and fields to the Athabasca river and take the river to town in -25. Get to town and stop in front of the old hotel for coffee and a soup
and as soon as we turn off the sleds the mounties show up and say, "no more riding in town".
I say I thought Athabasca allowed sleds (which they did) they even have sled routes through town on 4 different roads.
The cop turns into instant a$$hole and says we've got 3 minutes to start and ride off town property or impound and fines:confused:
So we beat it to the river and head back to the lake. Wish I could have warmed up:rant:
The trail up the river is steep and twisted through the bush and my friend takes Brutus over a hidden stump and punches out the belly pan right under the clutches.
The clutch compartment fills up with snow, belt slipping and so much snow in the engine compartment the carbs freeze up and Brutus is dead.:eek:
So I towed the sled 12 miles back to the cabin with the Z1
and we get there in pitch black.
Too damn cold and too dark, so we decide to stay another night.
We just get snuggled in with a coffee and Bailey's, movie in the dvd player and the furnace runs out of fuel. It's an old coal oil burner. Now it's -34
Outside to start the truck and it's dead. So off to the store with a jerry can on sled for diesel. Get the furnace running, plug the truck in and back to the Bailey's:d
In the morning the truck wouldn't start, the block heater doesn't work. ( I wished I would have listened for it to start hissing but it was too darn cold)
So I had my sled charger, and it's the bigger one that do auto batteries, plugged it in and I went sledding.
Came back a couple of hours later and buddy had the truck running. But I got in an extra day of sledding so it was another awesome sled trip:)

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Took a couple of friends up to the cabin this weekend for some sledding. One buddy says since he's borrowing my Mountain Cat, old Brutus, an '02 1000 triple, he'll take his truck.
Saturday we rode in the cold mostly trails in the bush.Sunday we ride the lake and fields to the Athabasca river and take the river to town in -25. Get to town and stop in front of the old hotel for coffee and a soup
and as soon as we turn off the sleds the mounties show up and say, "no more riding in town".
I say I thought Athabasca allowed sleds (which they did) they even have sled routes through town on 4 different roads.
The cop turns into instant a$$hole and says we've got 3 minutes to start and ride off town property or impound and fines:confused:
So we beat it to the river and head back to the lake. Wish I could have warmed up:rant:
The trail up the river is steep and twisted through the bush and my friend takes Brutus over a hidden stump and punches out the belly pan right under the clutches.
The clutch compartment fills up with snow, belt slipping and so much snow in the engine compartment the carbs freeze up and Brutus is dead.:eek:
So I towed the sled 12 miles back to the cabin with the Z1
and we get there in pitch black.
Too damn cold and too dark, so we decide to stay another night.
We just get snuggled in with a coffee and Bailey's, movie in the dvd player and the furnace runs out of fuel. It's an old coal oil burner. Now it's -34
Outside to start the truck and it's dead. So off to the store with a jerry can on sled for diesel. Get the furnace running, plug the truck in and back to the Bailey's:d
In the morning the truck wouldn't start, the block heater doesn't work. ( I wished I would have listened for it to start hissing but it was too darn cold)
So I had my sled charger, and it's the bigger one that do auto batteries, plugged it in and I went sledding.
Came back a couple of hours later and buddy had the truck running. But I got in an extra day of sledding so it was another awesome sled trip:)

:nopics:

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work.....hows the sled....?

Hey it's an Arctic Cat:d I've got a piece of 3/16th aluminum and Saturday morning I'll rivet a nice patch on. the belt is glazed. can I clean it up or is it done?:confused:

Top Bottom