And the entire Province rejoices.....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been quite a few economist in the years saying that alberta will have a provincal sales tax within the next two years due to the fac tthat the province has no money to upgrade roads and such. It's things like that the higher royalties would've helped with. I'm by no means saying it was gone about in the right way when they tried to raise them but they need to do something. As far as cambell goes i think he was great, he took a province that the other guys had just about bancruoted and was turning things around even despite the economy being dead due to the recession. All the other politicans jump on him because they think it makes him look bad even though he brought the province thru a very tough economicalk time and the province is actually in decent shape still.

RTTTTed

Reaction score
It's no wonder politicians treat the public like idiots, the best Premier BC has had in decades (maybe ever) and the public hates him based on misinformation. I wish people would do a little research before they voted. Losing Campbell could very well be a huge loss for B.C.

Campbell is a very good Premier, the HST took him out but all the economists agree it's a good tax that saves business big money, even the taxpayer's association is now supporting the HST :eek:

www.bivinteractive.com - HST creates “advantage” for B.C.: University of Calgary

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Carbon Tax, ICBC triple the costs of all others, new taxes every month. Homeless people pay tax now too. Lowest wages in canada with the highest cost of living. Highest fuel cost in North America (except for maybe Ontario, yes they charge HST and Carbon Tax too. They seize your car for 26mph over the speed limit. Hotel prices are nearly double the US in the last couple years.

Liquor prices have increased by what ... 20% in the last 8 years?

Great for business, bad for citizens. Great for immigrants, bad for old people.

I have no problem with increased taxes, but before any increase in income?
Guess you don't think so.

Election promise - no more tax increases, then as soon as they got elected we got HST. Guess why they're called the Fiberals?

Notice that there is no more BCSnowmobile Federation Races? Too much for insurance. BCWF not long speaks with the gov. - something to do with "lies and ignored" ...

3 Ministers of Public Safety. Hasheed resigned 3 times??? P got drunk, Minister of Public Safety had 3 "Excesssive Speed" tickets and I don't mean the 24mpg over charges where they take your car - I mean the Double the speed limit older excessive speed charges. Go figure ...

RTTTTed

Reaction score
Actually, I hate politics. We should just cancel the nice Premier Campbell and the bad political posts (this one) and forget them.

We sled so that we can forget that we're paying 12% sales tax (bought my sled new in BC, and 50% taxes for fuel and oil right?

Have fun instead.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wildrose is the only way to go next election. The PC's need some time away from the trough.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
we need a redneck leader.... we are a redneck province....

the leader should lead on advise given by people who actually know what they are talking about...said it before and I'll say it again the fact that a politician has the power to "appoint" ministers is bogus....

minister of finance needs to be a financial mind and a prooven business leader.

Minister of enviroment needs a biology/chemistry background and has prooven him/her self to be successful in private industry dealing with enviromental issues.

Minister of transportation should be a GIS, logistics and/or DOT background.

Minister of Employment & Immigration should be an HR and or OH&S (CRSP) expert

AND SO ON.......

Our province should be run much like a coropration with the goal of profitability.... Inmates should be used to cut public service costs, as should welfare recipiants....welfare and social assistance needs to have a defined time frame... 100 years ago you worked or you died.... may sound a little harsh but crap I pay out alomst 50% of my income to Income tax THEN I pay tax on my fuel, goods & services etc..... just so that those who are too fawking lazy to work or abide by the laws set forth can have a free ride.

A government of the people for the people should make all decisions based on the 80/80 concept... satisfy 80% of the people 80% of the time....as I see it now the 10% on each of the extreme left and extreme right who will never be happy get 80% of the governments attention....

Friggin Politics....

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wildrose is the only way to go next election. The PC's need some time away from the trough.

Your comment is a insult to any Redneck Albertan, they are right wing shes a ding bat. Any of the other parties leaders will screw this up big time. We have had it here pretty good compared to other provinces :nono: Move to another province if you dont like it

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need a redneck leader.... We are a redneck province....

The leader should lead on advise given by people who actually know what they are talking about...said it before and i'll say it again the fact that a politician has the power to "appoint" ministers is bogus....

Minister of finance needs to be a financial mind and a prooven business leader.

Minister of enviroment needs a biology/chemistry background and has prooven him/her self to be successful in private industry dealing with enviromental issues.

Minister of transportation should be a gis, logistics and/or dot background.

Minister of employment & immigration should be an hr and or oh&s (crsp) expert

and so on.......

Our province should be run much like a coropration with the goal of profitability.... Inmates should be used to cut public service costs, as should welfare recipiants....welfare and social assistance needs to have a defined time frame... 100 years ago you worked or you died.... May sound a little harsh but crap i pay out alomst 50% of my income to income tax then i pay tax on my fuel, goods & services etc..... Just so that those who are too fawking lazy to work or abide by the laws set forth can have a free ride.

A government of the people for the people should make all decisions based on the 80/80 concept... Satisfy 80% of the people 80% of the time....as i see it now the 10% on each of the extreme left and extreme right who will never be happy get 80% of the governments attention....

Friggin politics....

Bogger for premier!!!

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your comment is a insult to any Redneck Albertan, they are right wing shes a ding bat. Any of the other parties leaders will screw this up big time. We have had it here pretty good compared to other provinces :nono: Move to another province if you dont like it
I disagree. I don't think the Wild Rose Alliance are right wing fanatics. They are certainly more to the right than the PCs, but I see that as a good thing, as the PCs are spending us under the table. The ONLY reason we've had it good here is because of the oil industry and that money has been grossly mismanaged by the PCs. I agree we need a change and I don't trust the Liberals or the NDP.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I don't think the Wild Rose Alliance are right wing fanatics. They are certainly more to the right than the PCs, but I see that as a good thing, as the PCs are spending us under the table. The ONLY reason we've had it good here is because of the oil industry and that money has been grossly mismanaged by the PCs. I agree we need a change and I don't trust the Liberals or the NDP.

...and I don't trust the WRA. They have a hidden agenda that will DO NO ONE IN THIS PROVINCE ANY GOOD.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PC has gotten terrible, but they are still the only choice to vote for. I think they need to add another option on the ballot "None of the above" because no one is worth voting for, even PC. That way lots will vote and can complain about how shitty the gov't is......

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"King Ralf"

Oh my God....he did what he said he would and lowered our deficit but at what cost????

Health care and school systems…..to name a couple……

Cuts were so deep, that the hospital waits are killing people, now we have clinics that you can pay and get preferential treatment, but we still claim there’s not a two tier system in Alberta.

Ralf claimed he was going to fix the school system, fixed it alright….made a big deal about cutting the fat out of the school system, but instead of cutting the school trusties out, they were re-assigned and teachers lost jobs and school budgets lost funds.

As syndical and sarcastic as Booger is….he’s got it right…..

But not just the provincial but civic and federal as well….

Shell out big bucks and hire the President’s of some of large corporation’s to run the cities, Province and country, give them the power to actually run things. Place demands on them, we want better school systems, police systems Healthcare. Oh and while we’re at it, more snowmobile and quading trail systems, as well as better motocross race tracks…..

Okay time to wake up, it will never happen, business already runs the Politian’s…..

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's no wonder politicians treat the public like idiots, the best Premier BC has had in decades (maybe ever) and the public hates him based on misinformation. I wish people would do a little research before they voted. Losing Campbell could very well be a huge loss for B.C.

Campbell is a very good Premier, the HST took him out but all the economists agree it's a good tax that saves business big money, even the taxpayer's association is now supporting the HST :eek:

www.bivinteractive.com - HST creates “advantage” for B.C.: University of Calgary

Saves business big money on the backs of the people. Yup, hes a real good Premier. Sorry but it was more than the HST that took him out. Add the BC Rail scandal including the first time in history the RCMP raided a legislature. Having the taxpayer pay the legal fees, (over 6 million$) of the two convicted pukes Basi and Virk, his drunk driving conviction, etc, etc, etc.

Yes he will be missed alright!

Oh ya, what business do you operate?

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have forgotten the absolute Hell the NDP put us through.

I'm not an educated man, so when the Fraser Institute or all the economists are coming out and supporting the tax, the freaking Canadian Taxpayer's association is urging we keep the tax...Why would they do that ???? I tend to believe the people that study these things everyday, especially when these are "non political" sources.

The economist from U of C is saying BC is now more competitive than Alberta !

Mines are opening up all over BC and the oil patch is booming, and yes, small business is also realizing serious savings from this harmonized sales tax.

Did you even read the link I posted about how Campbell has out preformed ALL other premiers for the past 10 years ?

Soc Credit, NDP, have also had issues with the law, seems to be a BC thing ;)

For your viewing pleasure.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You speak for all the Redneck Albertans?? If you don't like other peoples choices I suggest you leave. Toronto maybe??

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in your new micro bus libtard.
You know I'm kidding...LOL. (but I actually don't have any faith in single-province "specialty partys" as I don't think they will get any respect at a national level....much like the Bloc Q)

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I'm kidding...LOL. (but I actually don't have any faith in single-province "specialty partys" as I don't think they will get any respect at a national level....much like the Bloc Q)

If you weren't a 300lb+ gorilla I was gonna come over to your house and kick snow in yer face. Instead "I know you are but what am I" seemed like a safer route.

When we taking that new micro bus to Revy?

Top Bottom