And the entire Province rejoices.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ralph was healthy maybe
who cares....I want to be busy again like I was before Eddy fawked us over with his big royalty plan. I don't give a chit if it's a "Weekend At Bernies'" type scenario....

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This province needs a change and a bit of a backbone..........I would hate to see the time when all the oil and gas is sucked out of alberta....maby then the government will build a few refineries to keep some of us going. What a joke these twenty odd years have been.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This province needs a change and a bit of a backbone..........I would hate to see the time when all the oil and gas is sucked out of alberta....maby then the government will build a few refineries to keep some of us going. What a joke these twenty odd years have been.

i second that, all these pipelines pumping unrefined product is wrong. permament jobs are going south

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some thing had to happen, or else the wild rose alliance would have probably knocked them down a few notches come next election, now with a new leader they will promise they can save the world:mad:

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares....I want to be busy again like I was before Eddy fawked us over with his big royalty plan.

The changes in royalties didn't cause the slow down, so not much will change.

Nat gas prices fell like a stone because a world wide recession set in, record storage levels and a huge supply of shale gas became accessible. We now have so much natural gas we have to find somewhere to sell it.

With or without the royalty changes, the natural gas industry was going to slow down so don't expect much to change. Oil's where it's at now.

Eddy was just trying to get Alberta royalties up to where BC and Sask already have been. BC and Sask have only gotten busier even with higher royalties. :beer:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who ever runs the PC`s would do a better job than them other ding bats, can you imagine that NDP school bus driver, cant remember his name. Dont blame Eddy the whole world economy tanked.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nat gas prices fell like a stone because a world wide recession set in, record storage levels and a huge supply of shale gas became accessible. We now have so much natural gas we have to find somewhere to sell it.

With or without the royalty changes, the natural gas industry was going to slow down so don't expect much to change. Oil's where it's at now.

Eddy was just trying to get Alberta royalties up to where BC and Sask already have been. BC and Sask have only gotten busier even with higher royalties. :beer:
I would appreciate it if you would keep your intelligent and common sense comments to yourself. thanks

:beer:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

Seriously...great points here!

However I just wanted to point out the SK did actually drop their royalty rate around the same time that we increased ours...One of the landmark decisions that Brad Wahl is being commended on (among others).

But great points, and while most in the patch blame the royalties (they did have a huge impact initially) the falling gas prices further accelerated the slowdown. The rest of your points take over from that point until today.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He never caused the recession but he was the reason it hit Alberta a year earlier than it should have and lasted longer than it could have. He alienated many of the true drivers of the oilpatch which are in New York and Toronto and hold the purse strings. He backed out of agreements made with the oilsands companies and totally lost faith with investors around the world as well as here at home. I'm not saying that the royalties didn't need a review because they did, but it was at the wrong time and conducted by a logging expert not an oil and gas expert which made no damn sense whatsoever and they should have implemented the changes in a step by step and metered fashion so industry could adapt their capitol programs not as fast as he did. He's an idiot in a suit plain and simple, my Dads ex wife who is a die hard Ukrainian put it best I think when she told me that and I quote "There are Ukranians and there are bohonks and he's pure bred bohonk."

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumours have it, Gordon Campbell is coming to take over.:d

It's no wonder politicians treat the public like idiots, the best Premier BC has had in decades (maybe ever) and the public hates him based on misinformation. I wish people would do a little research before they voted. Losing Campbell could very well be a huge loss for B.C.

Campbell is a very good Premier, the HST took him out but all the economists agree it's a good tax that saves business big money, even the taxpayer's association is now supporting the HST :eek:

Despite being a very unpopular premier, Campbell has done the best job among Canada's 10 premiers of managing provincial fiscal policy. More importantly, his fiscal policies helped reverse B.C.'s dismal economic performance in the 1990s.

Read more: Premier Campbell's popularity doesn't match his performance

Tuesday, 25 January 2011
A University of Calgary economist has hailed the HST for helping B.C. become more competitive than Alberta. “The HST may not be popular in B.C., but it has drastically lowered the overall cost of doing business, thereby making B.C. one of the most attractive business environments in Canada,

www.bivinteractive.com - HST creates “advantage” for B.C.: University of Calgary

Top Bottom