Amsoil

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have purchased a new proclimb and was going to run amsoil as i have lots left from my last sled (09 m1), asked the dealer if there would be any issues with the warranty, got told my engine would not be covered, anyone else know any info on this, thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told it states in the new doo owners manual that amsoil will void your warranty. The reason is it doesnt meet the manufacturers spec's. The manufacturers say you have to run their oil or equivilent, so if it doesnt make the same grade then they can void it yes.

max900

Reaction score
amsoil is $h!t oil had motor problems on on sled and sent oil to lab and they said water would of bin better then amsoil never had a problem since use dealer oil on all my sleds

Last edited by a moderator:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've been using Amsoil interceptor for 5 years now.....4500 clicks on a 2008 summit and 4700 km's on the current 2010 renegadex 800R....oil is not an issue....isoflex in the bearings is.
I know a guy who runs castrol walmart oil in his 800R and 600's and he has over 12000 km's on the 600's and about the same on the second rebuild of the 800R.
Manufacturers tell everyone to run their oil to sell it and to keep the dummies from ruining their products.....some people even forget to add oil or even don't know where to add it.....

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been using Amsoil interceptor for 5 years now.....4500 clicks on a 2008 summit and 4700 km's on the current 2010 renegadex 800R....oil is not an issue....isoflex in the bearings is.
I know a guy who runs castrol walmart oil in his 800R and 600's and he has over 12000 km's on the 600's and about the same on the second rebuild of the 800R.
Manufacturers tell everyone to run their oil to sell it and to keep the dummies from ruining their products.....some people even forget to add oil or even don't know where to add it.....
I run it in my SDI and my 800R My buddy uses it as a premix's in his Trygstad 872 No issuse .

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsoil meets or exceed's the spec for oil even for the etec

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g3039.pdf

I know amsoil was all pissy about it last year and they supposedly got one to run on a dyno for hours on end to prove it meets the requirements. I personally found that the amsoil gums stuff up, where as since i switched all my stuff over to spectro that isnt an issue. And i have a 2012 M8 with over 7000km and no issues, havent even needed to clean power valves.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run it in sled, quad, crotch rocket, and truck... no issues.. whole family uses it.. if your dealer is going to back out of warranty on amsoil id be more than choked. Perhaps you might wanna talk to some other dealers ?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07 800r had warranty even with that crap skidoo mineral oil...I don't think there would be a problem with amsoil from a factual standpoint.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Here is why manufacturers say to use a specific type of oil....

I worked for a BRP dealer years ago, was still Bombardier then. I had a guy who bought a sea-doo jet boat from us call me from the middle of the lake... "You gotta help me, I ran my boat OUT of oil and it just quit!" He then asked, "I borrowed a jug of outboard 2 stroke oil from someone passing by, will it work to get me to shore?" I said... "Yes, if you haven't already blown it up it will get you to shore." ....... 2 days later he came storming in the door screaming that the oil I told him would be ok to use to get him off the lake blew up his motor. After a very heated discussion with him and my boss, who I had to call from another town to come in. We basically told him to go F himself. He ran his 2 stroke engine OUT of oil in the middle of the lake, and it was my fault.

That was the day I decided I had to be my own boss.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets get back on the op's topic nowhere did anything in the boat post help out with the original question about amsoil.

personallly i have ran amsoil in boats, as well as selds and never had an issue with it. on my last sled, 08 M1000 i found it actually ran cleaner that the cat oil as the power valves were nowhere near as dirty after switching to the amsoil.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
What I'm getting at is that you really do have to specify what type of oil to run even though there may be others out there who are even better than OEM. If you left it open to anything that "meets or exceeds OEM specifications" you never know what a customer may use. I don't blame BRP (or whoever) whatsoever for saying that anything but XPS is not acceptable. They have done all their own tests and research for the motors they build and have come to the conclusion that this oil is OK. Doesn't mean that any other oil isn't ok, we just haven't tested it.
Its a safeguard for a corporation that sells millions of dollars worth of inventory a year. You like, want, enjoy your warranty.... then use what they say! Its a pretty cheap investment on your 12+ thousand dollar snowmobile

Nevermind, the person who was arguing against me deleted all their posts.

Last edited:

Skidookid

Reaction score
I ran amsoil after my second motor on warranty and it ran like ch!t , if i wasnt so cheap i wud have thrown away both cases of amsoil lol also had complaints of who ever rode behind me siad my exhaust smells really bad so now my XP is running only on doo oil....

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we asked the cat dealer we deal with when we purchased the 2012 and he said i would prefer you to run cat oil but amsoil will not void your warranty maybe try a different dealer. also wouldnt they have to prove that the oil was faulty in that case?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run amsoil in my 13 pro rmk and the owner of motion motorsports said that oil is fine too run in it and will not void my warranty

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is simple. All manufacturers state that you must run their oil or equivilent or it will void your warranty. Each manufacturer may have different specifications for the oil required. And if the specifications that are listed on the jugs og oil dont meet requirements than the manufacturer is easily able to deny warranty.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have purchased a new proclimb and was going to run amsoil as i have lots left from my last sled (09 m1), asked the dealer if there would be any issues with the warranty, got told my engine would not be covered, anyone else know any info on this, thanks

Based on a US law, I don't think they can deny your warranty. Also, AMSOIL carries an additional limited warranty for the Rotax engines (Rotax specific in this quote), but guessing this is similar to the AC motors, best to check out their warranty policy directly though. If you are worried about it at all, call AMSOIL and get it from them directly. I have run AMSOIL in av gas and mod motors for a few years, never had an issue. As Duck said, usually its operator error more than an oil issue. Adjust the oil pump correctly and use good fuel, oil issues are often blamed when its usually a bad fuel issue.

"The right to use AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR in Rotax engines without voiding the warranty is protected under U.S. federal law by the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975. AMSOIL additionally warrants the use of INTERCEPTOR in all Rotax engines according to the AMSOIL Limited Warranty (G1363)."

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a warranty issue using amsoil in my doos.

Royboy1

Reaction score
Modman is correct, if any dealers out there tell you Interceptor will void the warranty, tell them to put it in writing and then forward it to Amsoil, they will educate the dealer. If they can show that the oil was the cause of the failure then that is where Amsoils warranty kicks in. This is true for any of your vehicles.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=4]proven in Extreme Dynamometer Test on Rotax® E-TEC® Engine[/h]INTERCEPTOR was installed in a 2012 BRP® Ski-Doo® Renegade X snowmobile equipped with a Rotax E-TEC 800R engine. Following 50 hours of severe-duty engine dynamometer testing designed to simulate a full season of real-world conditions, the engine was disassembled and rated for deposits, wear and other distress by an ASTM calibrated rater. Each component earned a merit rating on a scale of 0 to 10 (with 10 representing no distress) or a percentage rating (with 0 percent representing no distress). Results prove INTERCEPTOR excelled at inhibiting deposits and wear. See the complete dyno results at amsoil.com/proof.
TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
INTERCEPTOR® Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil (AIT)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)​
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)​
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)​
Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)​
-51 (-60)
Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)​
84 (183)
Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)​
84 (183)
SAE J1536 Fluidity/Miscibility Grade 4 Arctic Climate (17,000 cP max @ -40°C)​
Pass
Engine Lubricity Test, mix ratio @ 150:1 (ASTM D 4863)​
Pass
[h=4]APPLICATIONS[/h]
Use AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil in all two-stroke snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, PWCs and where API TC oils are specified.
  • Polaris®
  • BRP®/Ski-Doo® (Rotax® E-TEC® engines)
  • Arctic Cat®
  • Honda®
  • Yamaha®
  • Kawasaki®
  • Suzuki®
  • Direct-fuelinjected(DFI), Electronic-fuel-injected (EFI) & Carbureted engines
Use as injection oil or 50:1 premix (2.6 oz. per U.S. gallon of gas). INTERCEPTOR is compatible with most conventional and synthetic two-cycle oils; however, for best performance, mixing oils should be minimized.[h=4]WARRANTY[/h]
WarrantySecure_Final.jpg
INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil is Warranty Secure,™ keeping your factory warranty intact. INTERCEPTOR is a high-performance replacement for vehicle manufacturer-branded products and is also backed by the AMSOIL Limited Warranty (G1363). For details, visit [url]www.amsoil.com/warrantysecure[/URL].

PRODUCT LOOKUP GUIDES

FILTER LOOKUP GUIDES

PERFORMANCE TESTS

CROSS REFERENCE GUIDES

INSTALLATION INFO

MISCELLANEOUS

Top Bottom