Amber Alert Edmonton

G

Guest1

Police launch manhunt after girl, 7, abducted in north Edmonton park at 16:24 on October 5, 2008, EDT.

Anastasia Marie Whetton, 7

Police in Edmonton launched a manhunt Sunday afternoon after a seven-year-old girl was abducted from a northside park.

Anastasia Marie Whetton was playing with her brothers just before noon when police say a man in a blue SUV pulled up alongside them and got out.

"He approached the children and asked them if they would like to see his vehicle," said Edmonton police spokesman Jeff Wuite.

"The young girl agreed and got in the vehicle," he said.

The man then drove away and the other kids ran home to tell their parents.

An Amber Alert was issued for the girl, who is four-foot-two and 55 lbs

She has brown eyes and brown shoulder-length hair and was wearing a peach-coloured floral dress and white runners.

Police are looking for a white man in his late 20s or early 30s, who is balding, clean-shaven and six-feet tall.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The girl is now been found.. on the radio they said a gas station attendant grabbed out of the van and got her to safety but the man is still wanted as he got away..

G

Guest1

The girl is now been found.. on the radio they said a gas station attendant grabbed out of the van and got her to safety but the man is still wanted as he got away..

I just saw on the news that she had been found in Evansburg :d Now to catch the AZZHAT who took her and pound the FUG out of him....:mad:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saw on the news that she had been found in Evansburg :d Now to catch the AZZHAT who took her and pound the FUG out of him....:mad:

Find him and make sure no-one ever finds him again. Kudos to the gas stn attendant that had the presence of mind to recognize her and the balls to do something about it

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was very lucky that some one was paying attention and noticed the child.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad they got her,Now to get him,they have lots of info so it wont be long!
catmando!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read this post to my wife; now the kids are getting a safety lecture from mom........sorry kids.:d With the crap going on around Edson this stuff is getting out of control. Someone needs to use the "3S's" routine on some of these lowlife fuggers.:rant:

Quadster

Reaction score
I just read this post to my wife; now the kids are getting a safety lecture from mom........sorry kids.:d With the crap going on around Edson this stuff is getting out of control. Someone needs to use the "3S's" routine on some of these lowlife fuggers.:rant:

i am so glad that i am out of edmonton, too many crazy people.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
FOUND IN EVANSBURG?? GUY WAS ON HIS WAY TO EDSON?? WONDER IF ITS THE SAME NUTCASE THAT'S BEEN TERRORIZING EDSON??? MAN WHAT I COULD DO WITH A BASEBALL BAT ON THAT GUY!!!!:mad:

G

Guest1

Anastasia Whetton is a BRAVE little girl and that Gas Station Attendant is a HERO.

**I wonder if this is the same DOUCHIE who killed that poor innocent girl in Edson....:rant:....I hope he/they get some vigilante justice before he gets caught by the RCMP and he/they don't harm anyone else**

EDMONTON - Police in Alberta launched a massive manhunt Sunday night after seven-year-old Anastasia Whetton was taken from a north Edmonton park only to escape her abductor hours later - and 100 kilometres away.

"While we are very, very happy that Anastasia has been located, this investigation is far from over," Edmonton police Chief Mike Boyd told reporters after the girl was found safe about 3 p.m. at a business in Evansburg, west of the Alberta capital.

"We are ramping up our investigation and we are focusing on persons of interest, and we are asking for help from the public in identifying this suspect.

"This is a mother and father's worst nightmare.

"Until we identify the offender involved in this we will be pulling out all the stops."

Boyd could not comment on whether the girl had been harmed but said "doctors will be involved in examining her."

He couldn't say how the girl escaped, though a national news agency reported she had escaped while the suspect was filling up at a gas station.

The attendant apparently recognized the vehicle from an Amber Alert that was issued after she was abducted around 11:30 a.m. As the attendant moved toward the blue SUV, she leapt from it and ran to him.

The suspect drove off with the gas pump hose still connected to his vehicle.

The chain of events began about three hours earlier, after the man pulled over at a north Edmonton park and approached Anastasia and her brothers while they were playing.

Anastasia's father, Napolean Rivetti, told reporters the man lured her into the van by offering to let her see some kittens.

Rivetti said the man told his daughter: "I got some kitties for sale, would you like to take a look?"

"Anastasia says, 'Oh, OK' - my daughter loves kitties."

One of the girl's brothers told her: "There's no cats in the car." But it was too late.

After the girl was recovered, Rivetti was overcome with emotion and wept as he told reporters of his gratitude.

"Thank God she's alive," he said.

"What kind of a person does such a thing?" asked the girl's shaken grandmother, Eilisha McGuire.

The suspect is described as Caucasian in his late 20s or early 30s, clean-shaven and balding.

Evansburg is near Edson, where last week 14-year-old Emily Stauffer was found murdered while out on a nature walk.

No one has been arrested in that case, but Boyd, when asked by reporters, said there was no immediate link between the two incidents.

"We are not ruling anything out.

"We are considering that anything is possible, although I don't want in any way to make any connection between the two."

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
and you said he was on his way to edson...so did they catch him....how would they know he was going to edson or are you just guessing?
bugs... You are a little slow today aren't you... Reread my post, dear friend............ See the question marks behind what i said????????

G

Guest1

The last 3 #'s of peeps vehicle plate is 179 if any local peeps are out and about.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sorry buddy, but that is written as a statement "GUY WAS ON HIS WAY TO EDSON??" not a question...?
Anyway, you figure out how to type a question and quite yelling one day.

It's awesome that the child is safe.
bugs... You are a little slow today aren't you... Reread my post, dear friend............ See the question marks behind what i said????????

Top Bottom