am I going to regret the Purchase of a 2012 600 RMK 144????

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a 600 RMK for a year and I liked it! On the flats ditch banging it was fast then my 800 Dragon. I put a full SLP pipe and can on it. And in the hills it would go any where a 800 would, just wouldn't high mark as high. When you get it drag race you buddy's 800 and I will bet that the 600 is faster on the top end!

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still debating.......why the hell didnt polaris make a 144 800 RMK!!?? hahah!
still deciding if i should just get the XP 800 etec (the SP version, not X or freeride)
its about $2k more than ther 600 RMK 144

i got about 2 days to make this final.........

really want on this pro chassy tho.....

about 2k more for an 800 RMK base version, but then its a 155....which i dont want or need

mitty26

Reaction score
I am in the exact same place right now , trying to decide on a second/wife sled. I was thinking on a xp 6 but didnt have good luck with a 08 summit xp chewing through belts and worn out clutches after 1000 km so because of those issues i am passing on the xp. The 600 rmk is getting my vote right now because of the pro chassis , the p85 clutch , i am going 144 so it has the softer seat on it , it has factory running board stiffeners, wide boards for the wife, gripper ski's and 120+ hp with a liteweight chassis.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright, decision FINAL
getting the 2012 RMK 600 144
the deal got better after chatting w the dealer again
PLUS they are trading me a low black winshield off a RUSH at no extra cost and changing out the stock weights for ones for the elevation here (will have both sets of weights at my disposal)

also, my buddy owns a shop near me and Bikeman has a sweet y-pipe, mid pipe and can coming out for this seld
he has a connection to one of the tech's there and they are just finishing up on the final numbers, but we could be looking at gains around the 7-9HP for a full kit (approx.)
my cost on the product is still way less than going to an 800 XP, so its a no brainer
ideally ill be running slightly less HP than my 06 800 REV, but power to weight ratios are much better on the Pro

really want on this Pro Chassy as well, as the XP didnt blow me away (still a good sled i think tho)

pick er up tomorrow morning, ill try to post some pics as well

thansk again for everyones help in making this decision - now SNOW dammit! LOL!

Last edited:
Top Bottom