am I going to regret the Purchase of a 2012 600 RMK 144????

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of you may recognize me from a few years ago
used to ride and ride out west quite a bit
sold the sled off in 09 and took the next winter off (as we had a new baby and a 2 yr old)

now the kiddos are older and i got the itch again
made a deal on a 2012 RMK 600 144, but havent taken delivery yet
last sled was a Nytro 144 and before that was a REV 800 151 (never took the Yami west, only had it a month)

figured w the new pro chassy, reduced weight and the ease of tossing the machine around, it would be a good fit for me
dont really plan to go west more than once a year, and more than likely a spring trip in April ish
95% of the riding will be in SK here, so the extra cooler, smaller lugs, smaller track and extra idler wheels would work well in these conitions
i am decent rider and when i do get west, im sure i can bring this thing MOST places that i went w my 2006 800 REV
not a climber, love to boondock and tree ride ALL DAY...just love it

but a small part of me is thinking, i MAY regret the purchase
i havent riden this chassy yet, but have heard NOTHING but good things about it
my Nytro also only had 130HP and i never missed the power of the 800 at all, and that rig was like 100+lbs heavier than the pro chassy is

i DO NOT want to be in 13-15k for a new sled...at that price, i wont ride
i also dont want to buy something used and deal w someone elses problem all winter....i just want to ride and have something RELIABLE
i was able to secure the deal under $10k OTD for this 600 RMK 144...so the price point is perfect

so......anyone else think ill have as much fun on this thing as my prev sleds?
spose to pick er up ion 2 days....stoked BUT just wanna be 100% sure

thanks!

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're going to love the sled. Nothing wrong with a light 600cc sled at all.

Sent from my Desire HD

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, I remember you from DOOTALK. I am sure it will be a fun sled. I know a couple people that ride 600's and they get around just fine. The real question is how much you are going to miss the REV!

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies ran an 09 Shift 600 with a 155 and a pipe and air kit. It ran with stock 800's no problem. I could edge it out a bit with my 800 XP 146 but it was not very far away. That 600 was a great sled and i know he embarrassed quite a few 800's and older dragon 700's with it. The pro's would be even better with a lighter chassis. We also had an 09 stock 600 shift 155 and the pipe made a noticeable difference.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx for your replies so far guys
my cousin (who is like my brother) had me re thinking things....but he is a THICK HEADED SKI DOO guy...through and through
said ill ride it once and sell it cause I wont like it...should have bought a ski doo (of course) and a bigger track and the 800
try to explain to him why i dont need to bigger track, engine etc... and he just repeats his previous statement...only LOUDER...you know cause i didnt get it the first time!! LOL!

anyways.....

as mentioned still stoked to get it, just wanted to make sure i did make the right choice

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
enis750

where do you do most of your riding in sask?
if around Regina or Greenwater area we will have to hook up for a ride.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be a fun sled. but in my experience the biggest engine and the longest track sure comes in handy on those deep days.

if i KNEW i was going to ride west a lot more...no doubt id be buying an 800 155
but i just cant justify riding that sled here

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will be mint steel. i probably would chase my 10 assault around all day! if not walk on it

MB my main man!
you ARE THE VERY reason im on a pro chassy bro
well hook up this yr for a ride for sure dude! :beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the type of riding your looking at doing, that sled will put a big smile on your face. That 6 will still probably take you place's you shouldn't go lol. Have fun, and don't worry about having a longer track, or a bigger motor. Enjoy the season, and your new ride :)

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of you may recognize me from a few years ago
used to ride and ride out west quite a bit
sold the sled off in 09 and took the next winter off (as we had a new baby and a 2 yr old)

now the kiddos are older and i got the itch again
made a deal on a 2012 RMK 600 144, but havent taken delivery yet
last sled was a Nytro 144 and before that was a REV 800 151 (never took the Yami west, only had it a month)

figured w the new pro chassy, reduced weight and the ease of tossing the machine around, it would be a good fit for me
dont really plan to go west more than once a year, and more than likely a spring trip in April ish
95% of the riding will be in SK here, so the extra cooler, smaller lugs, smaller track and extra idler wheels would work well in these conitions
i am decent rider and when i do get west, im sure i can bring this thing MOST places that i went w my 2006 800 REV
not a climber, love to boondock and tree ride ALL DAY...just love it

but a small part of me is thinking, i MAY regret the purchase
i havent riden this chassy yet, but have heard NOTHING but good things about it
my Nytro also only had 130HP and i never missed the power of the 800 at all, and that rig was like 100+lbs heavier than the pro chassy is

i DO NOT want to be in 13-15k for a new sled...at that price, i wont ride
i also dont want to buy something used and deal w someone elses problem all winter....i just want to ride and have something RELIABLE
i was able to secure the deal under $10k OTD for this 600 RMK 144...so the price point is perfect

so......anyone else think ill have as much fun on this thing as my prev sleds?
spose to pick er up ion 2 days....stoked BUT just wanna be 100% sure

thanks!

I think a Switchback Assault would fit this description to a T as this is exactly my situation and I bougth the 12 SBA. But considering the price, grab it and run. I'm bettin you will have a smile on your face that will not rub off. This sled is hyped as an overachiever. The rev will be forgotten real fast.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man no worries, the 600 RMk is a lot of fun, I had a demo 2yrs ago down in the hills and I had a blast on it, so I am sure the new Pro Ride is good to go!

Top Bottom