Am I getting old? Loud exhaust

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was born old, and I hate being anywhere near any and all aftermarket 2stroke cans.

BTW for XM riders there is a new can that is supposed to be light and quieter than most cans. Think it is called the DS Titanium. I would consider that one, but haven't heard much feedback on its noise level.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was born old, and I hate being anywhere near any and all aftermarket 2stroke cans.

BTW for XM riders there is a new can that is supposed to be light and quieter than most cans. Think it is called the DS Titanium. I would consider that one, but haven't heard much feedback on its noise level.

Diamond S titanium would fall under the loud as fawk category.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agree on the quiet sleds, cans make no more hp so why bother? save weight.....sure but i garuntee nobody will even notice a difference, theres no way you can feel -20lbs on a 500lb machine
sold my last noise maker sled and all are stock now.

Stock suitcase here on the XM. If I was concerned about my weight, I wouldn't have just ate and drank like a pig for the last two weeks. Right Tantrumpipeline? Lol

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loud and good tone are two different things. Just because your gas pickup is straight piped doesn't mean it sounds good (you know the mid 90s chev/dodge/ford chuga chuga chuga sound). Same thing goes for sleds IMO. I have an SLP can on my m8 and it's a bit louder than stock but not obnoxious. Plus the exhaust note is better. Its nice to be able to load up my sled and not have the whole neighbourhood po'ed at me.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im 33 and I cant stand loud pipes, I dont really like stock though, just a nice quality sound is good.

Same with diesels, some are ridiculously loud, how ever a nice quality exhaust can sound awesome.

I want others to say" man that sounds good" not "fawk thats loud"

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 97 Summit had a DNE can, and that thing was stooped loud!!! But I was also younger than and thought it sounded cool!!!
My 04 Rev had a NPP Quiet can, sounded like stock until you got on it. But wasn't overly loud then (still have it, if you know someone looking for one?)
My 10 Dragon has a SLP can, just a tad louder than stock idling. And more of a higher pitch when on the gas, similar to the NPP can.
I know I would never own a MBRP, Jaws, or Thing Can. I find them just too loud, and don't sound that good when your on the gas. jmo

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my Pro I had a can, took it off and put the stock back on, just too loud... Now on my XP I have a can, but the stock suitcase is way too heavy to toss back on. So I ride with earplugs and voila problem solved!! I'd rather go through the hassle of wearing them for the sake of my hearing.

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled is stupid loud, super q, and I'm pretty sure it blew the baffling out a couple seasons back. 2010 m8, I'd have to say it's saved me a lotta diggen over the years from actually being found in the tight trees. I totally get the respect thing, and usually when u pass someone at1/4 throttle doing 15km an hour while throwing a big wave they usually just smile and wave back. Fly past them @ 80km on a stock Etek that sounds like a sewing machine (love em, but really?!?!?) and there gonna be pissed.
And as for not feeling 20lbs on a sled. Bull ****.... Threw my suitcase on just too see for a day, noticed it right away. Clear as day, harder to pull up, couldn't lift the skis off on the flat. Bull ****

Top Bottom