Alpha Shopping List

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for like 185 !

10HP gain with the PowderFreaks head bumps you up to 173HP, prob more like 175HP for the 2020’s - Great local company out of BC

I’m sure if you did some clutching and added a decent Y pipe with an intake mod you will be close to 180HP with out the costs and headache of a pipe and fuel controller. I’ll have mine on the dyno here right away to see how close we can get to that 180HP without a pipe, or any engine mods.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty lavish numbers. 3 other reputable dyno tuners have the 2020 at a base of 154-155 hp. Pushing your luck advertising those BS hp numbers. I also saw the same dyno screen on a Doo 850 claiming 190hp with a pipe and this magic head.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty lavish numbers. 3 other reputable dyno tuners have the 2020 at a base of 154-155 hp. Pushing your luck advertising those BS hp numbers. I also saw the same dyno screen on a Doo 850 claiming 190hp with a pipe and this magic head.

You would Benny you would, don’t knock it until you try it. Mayb you should try supporting the local economy too, might be good for you. Just saying

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so you know Benny the PowderFreaks head was put on the Dyno in Edmonton over at NPP not just his shop here in BC. Neil seen and posted the same gains that PowderFreaks has posted about there “magic” heads. Duane knows his ****, and so does Neil, two very reputable guys that I have supported in this industry for a very long time but hey I like to support the local Canadian economy and my friends in this industry. Each to there own, have a great season

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
It is more important to look at the improvement percentage over stock rather than the actual numbers. The dyno may be correcting the nums. I don’t think there is any intentional skull duggery going on here. We all know that the base Alpha nums are about 150hp, 100tq @7900. If the 163hp is a base num, then we can assume the dyno is off by that much.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is more important to look at the improvement percentage over stock rather than the actual numbers. The dyno may be correcting the nums. I don’t think there is any intentional skull duggery going on here. We all know that the base Alpha nums are about 150hp, 100tq @7900. If the 163hp is a base num, then we can assume the dyno is off by that much.

So were all the claims of 165hp for the 2020 Ctec2 by multiple sources in the industry bs or what? Where did the 150hp number come from?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dyno numbers are always a bit of BS as they are corrected. However, the numbers that were reliable last year were from dynotech at 152-154ish hp.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So were all the claims of 165hp for the 2020 Ctec2 by multiple sources in the industry bs or what? Where did the 150hp number come from?

Haha I just reread this and it sounds like Dynotech dynotech blah blah blah. I didn’t mean to have such a harsh tone but I was so worked up about the lying companies advertising it came across wrong. I’m too lazy to rewrite it but go DT Go! Just kidding..................Yes, they are bs numbers. 150ish is from Dynotech(DT), the only source to listen to. If one thinks about it, if it hasn’t been tested at Dynotech, it isn’t worth buying. One can just laugh when there’s claims of 5hp for a y pipe, 190 Hp for a big bore kit etc. Why is it funny? Because none of those trinkets are tested at DT. If the products made those numbers, the very first place they would be is at DT. The company would be advertising that DT verified the numbers. I know of a product right now, as we speak, a product that made zero gains at DT, but is being advertised as a 5hp gain. It’s pretty crazy.
I would guess to say that if your product makes big improvement numbers at DT, at minimum that’s an instant $10,000 in sales.
Now Dynotech does have empathy for failures tho. Sometimes, if a product fails big time, they will say something like “xxxxcompany dyno numbers are not included. Or, they may write about the product but not post the nums.
To sum it up-If the company advertises numbers but the product hasn’t been tested at DT, it’s bullchit. Word.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What belt drive are you guys running on the Alpha?
Anybody have a picture they can post of it?

I don’t have one... but you have choice of TKI, Specialty & BDX... all nice product unfortunately I can’t comment on the actual functionality as I have no experience with them on Cat.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 060D4492-7334-4850-8AEF-EF5C7FEE870D.jpeg
    060D4492-7334-4850-8AEF-EF5C7FEE870D.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 333

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So dyno tech is like God!
Good to know.
Where in the bible do I find them?
Psalms?
Deuteronomy?
Or...?
Haha it was quite preachy and dinky wasn’t it? Good call. I was so worked up about lying companies bs advertising it came out in the post. It was unintentional. Apologies

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha it was quite preachy and dinky wasn’t it? Good call. I was so worked up about lying companies bs advertising it came out in the post. It was unintentional. Apologies

No worries :)

My spidey senses go off is all when I hear that only one company is any good on all the earth.
I'm not that brand preferential about anything.
So I was giving you a hard time was all.

Top Bottom