Almost had me convinced...

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just the other day I got to thinking that maybe I was wrong about Polaris' after seeing my buddy's new RZR S in action on a trail ride. I was seriously thinking about putting my Rhino up for sale and picking one up for myself, until today that is. We were running our machines at work on a very easy trail and the RZR just stops. He said he heard a loud rattle for a few seconds and then the motor just died. It wouldn't start again and there was a very loud ticking coming from the motor while turning it over; my guess is something in the valve train let go. So 20hrs on my friends brand new 16,000 dollar machine and it's dead in the water, nice huh? I suppose his warranty is gonna cover the money he'll lose now that he doesn't have a machine for work? I'll admit it did look good getting towed back to the truck by my "gutless" rhino...lol!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's gotta suck. my buddy just bought one on thursday, ran good all weekend. they sure do haul the mail, his was a lot more than $16,000. with bumpers, roof, and a stereo it was $21K out the door

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy has 25k into his commander. but its pretty sweet

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just the other day I got to thinking that maybe I was wrong about Polaris' after seeing my buddy's new RZR S in action on a trail ride. I was seriously thinking about putting my Rhino up for sale and picking one up for myself, until today that is. We were running our machines at work on a very easy trail and the RZR just stops. He said he heard a loud rattle for a few seconds and then the motor just died. It wouldn't start again and there was a very loud ticking coming from the motor while turning it over; my guess is something in the valve train let go. So 20hrs on my friends brand new 16,000 dollar machine and it's dead in the water, nice huh? I suppose his warranty is gonna cover the money he'll lose now that he doesn't have a machine for work? I'll admit it did look good getting towed back to the truck by my "gutless" rhino...lol!

who the hell uses a RZR for work?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who the hell uses a RZR for work?

Seems like an odd choice I know but he does bear watch for a living in the summer so he doesn't have to haul much more than a rifle and his lunch. He figured the RZR would be a good work/play unit...now he can't do either.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like an odd choice I know but he does bear watch for a living in the summer so he doesn't have to haul much more than a rifle and his lunch. He figured the RZR would be a good work/play unit...now he can't do either.

Sounds rough. ripping around in a RZR shooting chit:rolleyes:

Where can i apply for his job?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well he got word from the dealer this afternoon: broken valve spring! First time I ever heard of that happening to a brand new machine but it looks like he may get his ride back within a few days. Lucky for him that the valve didn't drop into the cylinder and ruin the whole top end.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After telling myself over and over again that I would never buy another polaris I did due to no other manufaturers building what I wanted. The machine has been trouble since the first two weeks I bought it back in apr. Just finished soldering on the new third electrical sensor wire kit. Cant believe I have to butcher the wiring harness to be able to drive it. Would be different if I was adding some bling and HP. Hope I can gain my trust in it so I can enjoy a ride off the property. PS, never have ever had to pay for parts on any of my yami's while they have been on warranty, even off warranty have been given the updates, not the case with polaris:mad: Like the machine other than it being a polaris:)

Top Bottom