Almost Finished!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "summer" project (my new hillclimber) (in quotations cuz summer might be over by the time its completed! :D) Why does work always get in the way of my fun....?

Here's the list:

Custom frame and cradle
YZ 250 forks
Custom rear swing arm
Kawasaki Ninja (ZX) street bike motor ("warmed up" a little bit) on NOS :) (bottle not installed in these pics)

Just some small stuff left to finish - pegs, shifter mount, mount two rear lower chain guides, put the chain paddle on the rear tire, wire in the oil pressure light and a bit of radiator adjustment, add some guarding around the bottom of the motor, put in quick connects for the external battery/starter, and plumb the fuel hose to the carbs. Might change the seat too, not sure yet. Hope to have it finished by end of next week.

MM

Attachments

• Hillclimber 001a.JPG
    Hillclimber 001a.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Hillclimber 003a.JPG
    Hillclimber 003a.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Hillclimber 004a.JPG
    Hillclimber 004a.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 206
  • Hillclimber 005a.JPG
    Hillclimber 005a.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 211

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks, glad some people like it!

Yeah, I'm a little scared about the chain paddle set up on the rear tire so I'm going to be making a schrapnel guard in case it ever lets go.

Preliminary testing just on the flat ground indicates I should probably check myself into some sort of institution.

There is an ear to ear grin and I'm giddy like a schoolgirl everytime I get off it though!!!

RK- yeah, my other buddies have already eyed up some "hills" for me to try as well.......

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks, glad some people like it!

Yeah, I'm a little scared about the chain paddle set up on the rear tire so I'm going to be making a schrapnel guard in case it ever lets go.

Preliminary testing just on the flat ground indicates I should probably check myself into some sort of institution.

There is an ear to ear grin and I'm giddy like a schoolgirl everytime I get off it though!!!

RK- yeah, my other buddies have already eyed up some "hills" for me to try as well.......

Straight out of the headers, must sound pretty wild.

poppajon

Reaction score
With those pipes out the bottom, that animal must sound some kinda angry!! Nice work dude, much respect!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Jon, what are ya gonna do with your RM250??? I got some ideas!!:d

Top Bottom