Alberta out of province inspections

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone ever had one done and if so did they stick you on anything. What are the main things I should look for? other then lights, horn, tires, and steering parts.

Thanks

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
basically anything that could be deemed a saftey issue----- wipers washers horn brakes steering components windshield seat belts oil leaks if severe enough all lights tires

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If You're Ever Down Here In Edmonton, I Can Let You Read The Book From Dept Of Hiways, And It Is Quite Indepth.. Most Shops Do Overcharge And Do Too Much To The Vehicles. I Think The Average Out Of Province Check Is About $130.00.... Our Shop Only Charges $80.00. Needless To Say, We Do A Lot Of Those Inspections...... Pm Me If You Have Any Questions Or Concerns About The Out Of Province Checks..........;)

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I fixed some lights and checked everything over still need to replace signal light switch($175 from ford) and a tie rod end. Going to try to get the inspection done next week when the switch comes in.
Here's what I am working on its going to replace the long box that was wrote off(SEE MY AVATAR)

Attachments

• 2008apr26 009.jpg
    2008apr26 009.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 266
Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That Is One Good Lookin' Truck... I Doo Like The Looks Of Most Of The Ford Trucks... Just Not Fussy About The Newer Drivetrains Ford Has.... Is That A 400 In That Truck You Have??
ALSO, IS THE SPEEDO CALIBRATED TO THE TIRES YOU HAVE ON THERE?? IN OTHERWORDS, IS THE SPEEDOMETER ACCURATE?

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good question the only place its been is drove on to a trailer and off so I don't know yet. I do have a little gear box that goes in line with the cable should be able to get different gears. My insurance company won't put liability on it until I get a inspection so I won't know until I can drive it. It has a 460 in it.

GRD

Reaction score
Thats a good question the only place its been is drove on to a trailer and off so I don't know yet. I do have a little gear box that goes in line with the cable should be able to get different gears. My insurance company won't put liability on it until I get a inspection so I won't know until I can drive it. It has a 460 in it.

A 460.... That truck is going to haul... My dad used to have a 1978 Ford with a 460. It was a fun truck to drive!

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope so it. The engine is out of a 85 and has ported and polished heads, flat top pistons, intake, 770 carb, cam, and headers. Hoping it well be at least 400hp but time well tell. The only bad thing about this one is the diff 3 to 1 ratio and open but I have a 3.50 to 1 limited slip in the other truck but that can wait until after the inspection is done. Going to get it inspect next week after I get the signal lights fixed up.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
700wfo I here what you are saying. I don't plan on using it as my daily drive though. It's just another toy like my sled and quad.

I pass the inspection with no issues.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing up a really old thread but easier than starting a new one. I have a friend who is moving to Manitoba, so in order to get their truck registered, I am assuming they need an out of province inspection. The truck is newer and in decent shape, only thing is the front windows are tinted to match the rear windows, so like 20% or so.

We all know this is illegal, but will it pass the inspection? what if the windows are rolled down and fuse pulled so they cant be rolled up?

any ideas other than peeling tint off?

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should try a B.C. inspection safety stuff yes, But we look at rust on the body, windshield for cracks, tires sticking out of the body, headlight adjustments, seats , and more we take almost 1.5hrs and get 100 bucks plus tax

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im from BC originally, and I hate the damn AirCare system. I remember late nights drinking beer trying to figure out ways to beat the system, thats was the high school beater days tho

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Bringing up a really old thread but easier than starting a new one. I have a friend who is moving to Manitoba, so in order to get their truck registered, I am assuming they need an out of province inspection. The truck is newer and in decent shape, only thing is the front windows are tinted to match the rear windows, so like 20% or so.

We all know this is illegal, but will it pass the inspection? what if the windows are rolled down and fuse pulled so they cant be rolled up?

MB used to be a lot more lenient about tinted windows than AB.Don't know if they still are.When I lived there you could go to 35% on front windows.

vegamark

Reaction score
i just bought a 65 ford mustang, the old owner got it from the states and had an inspection done last oct, well the e brake dont work front susp had bolts ready to fall out, has window tint on the side windows, tires rub when you hit bumps, no spare tire or jack , has shaved door handles this car should not have passed it is an ex show car so they were just to busy looking at the mods to inspect it

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had a build sheet printed that had tinted windows listed as an option, and it didn't specify front or rear, I talked the guy through it....;) US vehicles come like that, didn't you know?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any tint on the front windows when i inspect is a fail unless it's pulled off as it's my licence on the line not yours, you let one person go with it they get pulled over and sob to the cops when there getting ticketed i dont understand i just passed the o.o.p how can it be illegal and the they investigate and now i'm the one on the hook,so please dont try to make up fake vehical build sheets or lock your windows down just man up and fix what you have to

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any tint on the front windows when i inspect is a fail unless it's pulled off as it's my licence on the line not yours, you let one person go with it they get pulled over and sob to the cops when there getting ticketed i dont understand i just passed the o.o.p how can it be illegal and the they investigate and now i'm the one on the hook,so please dont try to make up fake vehical build sheets or lock your windows down just man up and fix what you have to

I am with you on this one about 2 years ago I imported a lifted 83 3/4 chev from the states, big mistake if you get a shop that plays by the rules as I did I literally looked at walking away from the $6000.00 purchase.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am doing an inspection on a 93 GMC 2500 4X4 on propane. What a mess it had passed in Alberta. The front end is about to fall out, exhaust is loose,windshield is cracked,tires stick out passed the fenders, doors are loose wipers don't work ,some mechanics should their lic removed This just passe in Alberta 3 months ago.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am doing an inspection on a 93 GMC 2500 4X4 on propane. What a mess it had passed in Alberta. The front end is about to fall out, exhaust is loose,windshield is cracked,tires stick out passed the fenders, doors are loose wipers don't work ,some mechanics should their lic removed This just passe in Alberta 3 months ago.
you know for sure it passed or are they telling you the sob story i passed with flying colours and i dont understand,there are alot of seedy shops that will pass anything,and what these people trying to cheat the system dont understand is that these standards are set to keep people safe and if you pass a vehical without repairing to the standard and somone gets killed i'm the a-hole that did it and am blamed even though thats what they wanted or manipulated us into passing,and was the inspection an insurance insp as antone can fill those out and fax it in to the insurance

Top Bottom