Alberta Heath Care - Doctors and Pharmacists issues

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll let Brett give his own reasons but for myself. They are rude. They don’t support the businesses in the community. The two colonies in my immediate area pool with other colonies and do bulk purchases on fuel, chemical, seed and fertilizer wherever it’s the cheapest. As a business model that’s good I suppose however does nothing for keeping our small communities operating. Like I said before they have no problem taxing our fire dept. They drive the cost of land and rent up which hurts young local farm families trying to compete. They compete with small town grocery stores selling their vegetables and bread out of vans. Did I mention they are rude? lol. You will never see them at a funeral. They don’t have any respect for their neighbours I guess? I personally don’t care for the crows.
That’s a good start Ken….

Duke - there’s a reason they were run out of every country in Eastern Europe, just like the gypsies, except these guys have set down roots in western Canada.

Like Ken said, they do not represent the same ideals that built western Canada, but they sure like to live here. They’re not just rude, they’re down right crooked.
Buddy has a few that stop at his place constantly (thinking they’re friends), he goes on vacation and teh bastards are breaking in his shop and steal ch!t, he has them on surveillance cameras, but cops won’t do a damn thing. He calls up the preacher and is told they’ll “handle it internally”. Local stores have had to implement rules that only 2 of them are allowed in at a time. In the past they would get 3-4 of them “occupying” a clerk, while the rest robbed the place blind. Local bank had to bring in another manager on certain days as they wouldn’t deal with the current one because the manager was a woman.

Every dentist and doctor’s office is full of them, they use the ER like a walk in clinic… but that’s not the worst part.
They all live “below the poverty line” and get all kinds of govt assistance as if they’re poor, meanwhile the colony is worth several billion dollars.

Go ahead and keep paying your taxes like a good boy, meanwhile these assholes (I mean the “church”) are buying up billions of $$$$ in land.

We haven’t even started talking about the abuse that goes on behind closed doors… lord only knows how bad it actually is. About 20yrs ago there was a school teacher that reported sex abuse that was happening to the children she was teaching at a colony school. They hauled away the preacher…!!

Crackheads are an individual problem, not every person is going to be a crackhead.
Once a Hutterite, always a Hutterite …

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a good start Ken….

Duke - there’s a reason they were run out of every country in Eastern Europe, just like the gypsies, except these guys have set down roots in western Canada.

Like Ken said, they do not represent the same ideals that built western Canada, but they sure like to live here. They’re not just rude, they’re down right crooked.
Buddy has a few that stop at his place constantly (thinking they’re friends), he goes on vacation and teh bastards are breaking in his shop and steal ch!t, he has them on surveillance cameras, but cops won’t do a damn thing. He calls up the preacher and is told they’ll “handle it internally”. Local stores have had to implement rules that only 2 of them are allowed in at a time. In the past they would get 3-4 of them “occupying” a clerk, while the rest robbed the place blind. Local bank had to bring in another manager on certain days as they wouldn’t deal with the current one because the manager was a woman.

Every dentist and doctor’s office is full of them, they use the ER like a walk in clinic… but that’s not the worst part.
They all live “below the poverty line” and get all kinds of govt assistance as if they’re poor, meanwhile the colony is worth several billion dollars.

Go ahead and keep paying your taxes like a good boy, meanwhile these assholes (I mean the “church”) are buying up billions of $$$$ in land.

We haven’t even started talking about the abuse that goes on behind closed doors… lord only knows how bad it actually is. About 20yrs ago there was a school teacher that reported sex abuse that was happening to the children she was teaching at a colony school. They hauled away the preacher…!!

Crackheads are an individual problem, not every person is going to be a crackhead.
Once a Hutterite, always a Hutterite …

My experience with them has been a lot different. They are certainly shrewd business people, but good for them. Who likes tax's, not me.

Any ways thanks for clarifying, but I still think drug addicts are worse for society. lol

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you confusing Hutterites with Mennonites? There is a difference. Some honestly don’t know.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mennonites can be shady as well. The Mexican mennonites had a big drug ring broke up. Hauling farm equipment into the country with the engines full of drugs. It was on the news. Unfortunately they come because white kids wont do the work so we get immigration. Imagine that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah there kids work on the colony. I’m talking our white kids. A lot of them don’t like manual labour

Good thing we got the Hutt's then. I buy food off them when ever I can, Id rather support them then Loblaw...

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing we got the Hutt's then. I buy food off them when ever I can, Id rather support them then Loblaw...
Dan, I understand you're wanting to support local rather than some corporate like Loblaws...I applaud you on that

But if I can suggest...try and buy your food from other locals (like at the farmers markets, etc) besides that hoots? While the hoots grow good food in abundance, they rarely support any local businesses. They do not support the local restaurants, curling rinks, hockey arena's, bakeries, drug stores, etc. What they don't raise on their farm, they buy almost everything they can in bulk such as food, medication, diapers, toothpaste, etc from wholesalers, or Coscto....
Most small farmers at those farmers markets do support local business. That community support is what keeps small towns viable, so again...while I applaud your habit of supporting local...try "small-farmer local" or "ABH" (anybody but hutterite) because those small guys pay it back to the community.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, I understand you're wanting to support local rather than some corporate like Loblaws...I applaud you on that

But if I can suggest...try and buy your food from other locals (like at the farmers markets, etc) besides that hoots? While the hoots grow good food in abundance, they rarely support any local businesses. They do not support the local restaurants, curling rinks, hockey arena's, bakeries, drug stores, etc. What they don't raise on their farm, they buy almost everything they can in bulk such as food, medication, diapers, toothpaste, etc from wholesalers, or Coscto....
Most small farmers at those farmers markets do support local business. That community support is what keeps small towns viable, so again...while I applaud your habit of supporting local...try "small-farmer local" or "ABH" (anybody but hutterite) because those small guys pay it back to the community.

They support my company. I do ton of work for those guys and our contracts are a lot more $$ then a few steaks!

Those farmers youre talking about havent given me a red cent...

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my only option for a doctor since September of last year. I have my name on waiting lists in calgary and Medicine Hat as well.

68f40d50db0a02348f274798af801390.png

Maybe I should write “not paying my taxes until I get a family doctor” but I’d probably go to jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This is my only option for a doctor since September of last year. I have my name on waiting lists in calgary and Medicine Hat as well.

68f40d50db0a02348f274798af801390.png

Maybe I should write “not paying my taxes until I get a family doctor” but I’d probably go to jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found a doctor the same way and its slim picking. Sadly I had to pick the doctor that I could pronounce her name. Then when I got there they said you come for an appointment we will assign you a doctor, the doctor you originally see may not be the doctor that you are assigned to. Had to almost beg her to be my family doctor after I had brain surgery, She was pretty green then but is getting a lot better. My original doctor had passed away from cancer and was older.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ron,

I think there are a few more "private" type Pharmacies in Stony too, I would almost interview the pharmacy's the same way you would a doctor and find one that is going to be able to work with you with your list of meds, and be knowledgeable of your situation.

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had great luck and results at the medicine shop on king street. Small pharmacy and they are good always willing to help when they can.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We have had great luck and results at the medicine shop on king street. Small pharmacy and they are good always willing to help when they can.
they are also a blending pharmacy for ointments etc

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll let Brett give his own reasons but for myself. They are rude. They don’t support the businesses in the community. The two colonies in my immediate area pool with other colonies and do bulk purchases on fuel, chemical, seed and fertilizer wherever it’s the cheapest. As a business model that’s good I suppose however does nothing for keeping our small communities operating. Like I said before they have no problem taxing our fire dept. They drive the cost of land and rent up which hurts young local farm families trying to compete. They compete with small town grocery stores selling their vegetables and bread out of vans. Did I mention they are rude? lol. You will never see them at a funeral. They don’t have any respect for their neighbours I guess? I personally don’t care for the crows.
You will definitely see them at a funeral if the family has land to rent/sell. One of my good friends was dying of cancer and hutterites never once came to help at his ranch while he was sick but all of them all the sudden wanted to visit him once he only had a few weeks to live. Very greedy people.

Top Bottom