Alberta drivers in B.C.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
you might wanna take the F-word out of that if you want to have people care what you say.....i have no problem with the message you are passing along but did you really have to throw that in there........your thread will be gone in no time......

just sayin

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might wanna take the F-word out of that if you want to have people care what you say.....i have no problem with the message you are passing along but did you really have to throw that in there........your thread will be gone in no time......

just sayin

X2 I'm sure you can get your message out there without swearing. After all this is a family site.

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just sayin

I have no problem with the "F" bomb,just showing how angry he is about some drivers. Having two sons and a wife along on trips with me I have to agree,just drive normal and relax out there!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC drivers show the same lack of respect here so I don't think it's a province specific thing just a driver thing, with your head up your ass you probably see only what your looking for.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Heck you can pick on drivers from any other province...I live in the Hat so we get bombarded with green and white plates, most dont know how to drive. Its funny...many of us on this site drive outrageous amounts of miles due to our jobs, and for me personally I feel this experience makes me a better driver (not everyone will agree). What bothers me is the group I refer to as the 'Weekend Warriors'. The group that only hits the hiways on the holidays, and seldom show any level of skill LOL

This group resides in ALL PROVINCES!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heck you can pick on drivers from any other province...I live in the Hat so we get bombarded with green and white plates, most dont know how to drive. Its funny...many of us on this site drive outrageous amounts of miles due to our jobs, and for me personally I feel this experience makes me a better driver (not everyone will agree). What bothers me is the group I refer to as the 'Weekend Warriors'. The group that only hits the hiways on the holidays, and seldom show any level of skill LOL

This group resides in ALL PROVINCES!!

Thanks,,,you must have seen me on the road:eek:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to rocky last wed. pulling trailer down high 22 doing 115 semi with a flat deck trys to pass me twice ride my ass all the way to rocky is 115 not fast enough for truckers

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I see alot of is out of province drivers who dont seem to respect or understand the differances in the roads from BC to Alberta or Sask. Long hills, winding corners, smaller sholders, poor sight lines.

Not saying all out of province drivers are bad, but there is a segment of drivers who make you shake your head.

Another thing I notice, and it has no relevance to the color of the liscence plates, tell me if you see this: If your passed in an aggessive manner while in alot of traffic during the day its usually a younger guy, but if your passed in an unsafe manner while in a lesser traffic condition, example passed going into a corner or up a hill on a solid line, its usually a younger girl.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My big driving complaint is when people are doing 120 in the straights, and 80 in the turns. Pick a speed and drive it please. If you can't hack it, pass the steering wheel over to someone who can.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well ,I think I should throw in a little input.I happen to be sitting in Vancouver right now and just drove through the long weekend traffic on monday to get here.Funny how Alberta drivers say the same thing about vehicles from BC.Just to add the fact that Im driving a super B and after yesterday Im pretty happy I made it without killing someone,yesterday on the way here I could go on about no less than three close calls and yes they wer BC plates,the closest was a guy in front of me passing a couple bikes,they will be thanking someone when they get home cause how they BC plated suv didnt hit the one bike is beyond me,will be heading home this afternoon ,mayby I could video a couple for you cause I know there going to happen,as for the plates mayby we will see a couple sask or manitoba plates.
Plates have nothing to do with it,there are idiots everywhere,I see it everyday in every province I go to and Im no supertrucker but
I average around 4000 kilometres a week
catmando!

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Ha, u should see the drivers in sask, every long weekend it seems that everyone leaves at the same time, gas up at the same time, dont know how to use cruise control, if two lanes , they go slower in far left lane, sum ppl drive side by side on doubles, not lettin u pass if u come up behind them. This weekend i got scooped by a new camaro, with rocks shootin everywhere. Funny thing was i seen him on side of raod w no tire left on his rim, Karma i guess.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idiot drivers are defiantly everywhere....

I to was just in Vanc a few weeks back for work and on the weekend drove up to Whistler. I was traveling with the crowd doing about 120km ....see a road side turn out ahead, turn on my signal light, then apply the brake and two cars and a pick up passed me on the left...I guess they were in a hurry, how inconsiderate of me to try to turn off the hiway and slow them down.

Took the motorcycle’s down to Drumheller when we got back and the wife like’s to travel at around 110…..we were passed by other bikes, cars, pickups and super B hauling hay. The one pick up passed us twice both times on a double yellow line. The trucker with the hay miss judged and we wound up slowing down and riding on the shoulder so he could get back in the lane ….

I travel around North America and over the last couple of years have felt drivers are just getting worse everywhere..same as attitudes….everyone’s in such a hurry….no one cares about anything except themselves…..

As for the Rufus777 I’m sure you saw what you did and they were bad drivers, Your only seeing AB plates because that’s the bulk of the holiday crowds going through there…. but they’re not just AB drivers there everywhere…. .

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up to 10 people are killed in traffic collisions every August long weekend, according to Alberta Transportation statistics.

RCMP and Sheriffs issued 4,054 long weekend violations

Between Friday and Monday, officers laid more than 4,054 charges including 235 for impaired driving, along with 48 24-hour suspensions; 98 seatbelt and child restraint infractions; 22 intersection infractions; and 3,275 speeding violations.

That's just in Alberta......one dead is too many!! Enough said............

sled

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem is that most people here in alberta are in rush to get no where.We are always hurry up get that done you have to get over here to do this.Always in a rush,If we all slowed down a little life would most likely get better for all of us.
Also I was up by boyle this last weekend and ya these guys with 3/4 ton ot 1 ton truck pulling a toy hauler or trailer with boat behind that thinking that hell I did this to my truck i can drive what speed I want,don't think so Guess they can't think that it will take longer to stop.Just goes to show that common sense is gone for some people.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on guys everyone knows that ALL Albertians suck at driving and don't follow the rules we are also the same ones that cause all the problems in BC all winter during sled season...lol. Someday maybe I will leave Alberta and move to BC were I can do no wrong then I will come on here and bash all you Albertians that have Big trucks,trailers,boats and just to much money cause thats just the way it is...lol.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also a trucker, and have seen far too many bad passes, including fatalities.

It stands to reason that a young, or any person that has no, or very little experience driving on 2 lane mountainous hwy.s will not be making the best decisions in regards to passing.

I think sometimes drivers actually forget they are on a 2 lane road with opposing traffic :eek: A guy admitted this on a message board, he said he was passing a big truck in the rain and couldn't see too well and took his time passing until he saw headlights.

I've seen people casually pull out to pass at the crest of a hill/corner, I can only assume they are used to driving on 4 lane divided hwy.s and have zoned out ?

My pet peeve is when people won't/don't pass and start stacking up behind slower traffic causing a parade.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truckers please check your loads, Large piece of steel fell off semi in front of my friend then went through front windshield just missing his head and blew out the back window going over top his young son!! Last weekend near Golden, Very scary and happy his family is ok.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So some of you missed the point and were focused on the f word, I'm sure none of your kids will ever hear it or see it written anywhere til they grow up, that being said I am a truck driver and I know B.C. drivers suck too but I am talking about Alberta drivers on the long weekends and summer holidays, they stand out hands down as the group of people most likely to do something really dangerous, passing on corners and hills, going 120 til they get to a curve and slowing down to 80, but mostly it seems like they don't care about their safety or the safety of the oncoming traffic. It's just frustrating to know it's going to happen as soon as you see the red and white plates, looks like too much money and not enough consideration for anyone else, big motor homes and big trucks with boats and ATV's behind them going faster than anyone should. Thats my piece I feel better now!!:d

Well we were just in BC for holidays, camper and 3 quads. We stayed doing the speed limit, I must say that we did not have any close calls or saw anyone doing anything stupid. But we were not on the roads on the long weekend, except for Sat, but by then everyone else is parked.

Top Bottom