Airbags for 2012 F250

the450kid

Reaction score
I went with a Super spring where you add on top of the existing spring pack. I have done bags and Add a leafs with lifts etc in the super duty. This by far is the best thing Ive done to date for ride quality paired along with a set of fox 2.0 shocks the tank now rides like a dream. I also pull a large toy hauler with sxs inside and doesnt squat the truck one bit. They are about $550 and takes ten mins to put in and can be taken out if wanted..

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with a Super spring where you add on top of the existing spring pack. I have done bags and Add a leafs with lifts etc in the super duty. This by far is the best thing Ive done to date for ride quality paired along with a set of fox 2.0 shocks the tank now rides like a dream. I also pull a large toy hauler with sxs inside and doesnt squat the truck one bit. They are about $550 and takes ten mins to put in and can be taken out if wanted..

Another here for Supersprings. Tried a couple other systems and settled on the Supersprings with Bilsteins.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but wouldn't adding leafs make it a rougher ride? Or are you pulling out some of the stock leaves when you put the super Springs in?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Add a leaf would give u continuous rate ,and a rougher ride.... Super leaf gives u original continuous rate with variable as it goes into overload ... Better ride, but still sag, whereas airbags can be adjusted back to factory height and maintain good ride quality. Airbags best for non loaded and different weight loading ride quality and maintaining proper height

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add a leaf would give u continuous rate ,and a rougher ride.... Super leaf gives u original continuous rate with variable as it goes into overload ... Better ride, but still sag, whereas airbags can be adjusted back to factory height and maintain good ride quality. Airbags best for non loaded and different weight loading ride quality and maintaining proper height

Thanks I didn't realize the super Springs were set up as overloads, I assumed they were added to the original pack.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

the450kid

Reaction score

I've done bags and its like a spring board when unloaded. I have yet to see sag with super springs and I haul a larger toy hauler with it and sled decks sled trailers etc... Airbags are good money makers though..

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hmmmmm, really? You don't drive around with 30 or more psi in the airbags, U let the air out of the airbags.... Down to below 5 psi and stock ride.... Compressors work great to be able to adjust on the fly

the450kid

Reaction score
You mean your supposed to drop the air out of them?? hmmm didn't know that.. lol , yep I ran them at 5psi or less...agreed compressor makes all the difference when using this system.

cedarpoint

Reaction score
super springs by far better than air bags are apain in the ass im on my 5th truck with super springs love them and they don't sag

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superspring are somewhat adjustable in that you can change the position on the shackle for more or less tension if needed. No sag here either. After considerable research and reading about aair bag issues in extreme cold climates, I opted for Supersprings. No regrets, no adjustments, no worries, should last the life of the truck.

Top Bottom