Air Riviter at Princess Auto

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see PA has one of their air riviters on sale again. Which model would you recommend? please see the link below:

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have the light blue texture powdercoated air riveter from princess auto. Never had a problem with it. It does stainless steel rivets just fine along with aluminum ones.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get the 1/4" one that is on sale. Some of the rivets on these new sleds are larger than 3/16" shank, I know that I got some from Cat a couple years ago to put in my Doo because they were larger, and I had to drill out my existing collet to make them fit. The 1/4" one still does 3/16, but doesn't go down to 3/32" (who really uses 3/32"s rivets anyway). I pretty much use 1/4" rivets for most sled stuff now.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get the 1/4" one that is on sale. Some of the rivets on these new sleds are larger than 3/16" shank, I know that I got some from Cat a couple years ago to put in my Doo because they were larger, and I had to drill out my existing collet to make them fit. The 1/4" one still does 3/16, but doesn't go down to 3/32" (who really uses 3/32"s rivets anyway). I pretty much use 1/4" rivets for most sled stuff now.

I think I have to agree. And if you do have to use the smaller 3/32" you can always use a hand riveter.

Last edited:

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yea I bought the 3/16 years ago (PA didn't have a 1/4" one back then) Some of the doo 3/16 rivets won' t fit the 3/16 gun. Go for the 1/4".

good guns, I just had to replace the hydraulic fluid in my 3/16 this summer after it wouldn't pull any more

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine has done thousands of rivets,its 8 years old now still going strong its the 3 16th one

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up one of the 1/4" ones yesterday. If a person did want to use it for the little 3/32" rivets would it be as simple as using the collet for the 3/32" rivets? I'm just curious...

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, old thread but I forgot I had this thing and am finally getting around to using it! The manual says to fill the air tank with the riveter upside down to just below the top of the air cylinder. Does that mean to pretty much fill the whole tank with hydraulic fluid to the bottom of the threads that hold the bottom cap on?

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 3/16 model and it works fine. Had it for quite a few years but I might pick up the 1/4 inch one? A man can never have enough tools!!!

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought mine many moons ago, didnt read the manual at all i guess haha, I've just added air oil into the chuck fitting before i connect the air, still working after all these years.. would be heavy if it was full of oil..

So, old thread but I forgot I had this thing and am finally getting around to using it! The manual says to fill the air tank with the riveter upside down to just below the top of the air cylinder. Does that mean to pretty much fill the whole tank with hydraulic fluid to the bottom of the threads that hold the bottom cap on?

Top Bottom