Air Lift or Ride-Rite

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ride rite all the way just installed a set in a 2011 ford f 350 about an hour job just the driver side has some more chit in the way:)

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I disliked about the airlift when I put them on a previous truck was that they had plastic fittings, not the lines, the fittings broke regularly swapped to aluminum ones and they were fine. Plastic and gravel do not mix.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firestone for me too, with the cab controls and compressor. But next time I would go the Carli bags for sure, rest of truck is Carli...price is similar.

I was looking for a different set of bags I have firestone and are good but had one get a leak on a seam after 5 months and no warranty so i bought new ones and replaced it but what do you think of those carli ones

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I was looking for a different set of bags I have firestone and are good but had one get a leak on a seam after 5 months and no warranty so i bought new ones and replaced it but what do you think of those carli ones

I personally think they are the greatest...problem I have with the Firestones is that they limit your travel, the Carlis dont. Sucks as I have Carli leaf packs in the rear and the ride is a lot crappier with the bags now. Firestone reccomends running a min of 5# at all times, the Carli you can run with 0# pressure.

The guy that does all my suspension work is a member here, he is a real wizard with suspension, but for the life of me I cannot remember his username. I will find it. He can give you all the answers, is a Carli dealer and installer, lives in Black Diamond.

Found it: Username is: HRT Offroad
His name and website:
Kevin
hrt-offroad.com

Last edited:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow never heard of carli so i just went and checked it out and looks like they make some killer stuff will keep in mind thanks longhorn :d:d

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would his name be kevin ostlund from high rollerz trux ? he used to be from cranny area I sold parts for him as well real good guy and really knows his chit! I like the 0# thing forsure. if it is kevin I'll give him a call see what he says his Kore suspension and his personnal truck is something nasty

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
wow never heard of carli so i just went and checked it out and looks like they make some killer stuff we keep in mind thanks longhorn :d:d

Very killer!! I used to run KORE and the Carli stuff makes KORE look like Canadian Tire crap LOL

would his name be kevin ostlund from high rollerz trux ? he used to be from cranny area I sold parts for him as well real good guy and really knows his chit! I like the 0# thing forsure. if it is kevin I'll give him a call see what he says his Kore suspension and his personnal truck is something nasty

Yep, same Kevin...I think he has changed the name of the company to HRT Offroad (still High Rollerz Trucks) but same Kevin, great guy, knows his stuff and uses it. Yes the KORE truck is unbelieveable, I have seen vids of it flying, 3-4 feet of the ground, looks like it lands on a pillow :)

He was a huge KORE supporter and now has switched to Carli, he convinced me to try it and I cant see ever going back to KORE now...

If you cant find him, send me a pm, I have all his contact info...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very killer!! I used to run KORE and the Carli stuff makes KORE look like Canadian Tire crap LOL

Yep, same Kevin...I think he has changed the name of the company to HRT Offroad (still High Rollerz Trucks) but same Kevin, great guy, knows his stuff and uses it. Yes the KORE truck is unbelieveable, I have seen vids of it flying, 3-4 feet of the ground, looks like it lands on a pillow :)

He was a huge KORE supporter and now has switched to Carli, he convinced me to try it and I cant see ever going back to KORE now...

If you cant find him, send me a pm, I have all his contact info...

yeah that truck catches air and lands on a pillow is rite I have him as buddy on here and his card but thanks I forgot he did carli now instead of kore good for him! thanks for the info i'll be giving kevin a call soon see what we can do he built my first duramax and man was that thing ever solid best one I have yet the guy really knows what he is doing I think i may send the one I got to him for any more suspension stuff I do

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
not a worry kevin will be able to fab something up for me I have faith but thanks for info

Pretty sure I can install the Ride-Rite's with the single in cab digital controller...it is no drill for the 2007 2500HD Classic. Should be a couple of hours in Sledderdoc's shop :d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I can install the Ride-Rite's with the single in cab digital controller...it is no drill for the 2007 2500HD Classic. Should be a couple of hours in Sledderdoc's shop :d

yup no drill is very correct and yes a couple hours for sure I have had a compressor mounted under the cup holders in that compartment on classic style chevs and under an aftermarket air box on the new ones found the under cup holder mount works the best!

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never seen them mentioned, but I installed Pacbrake rear air-bags, no compressor tho, easy install and have been really happy with them for the couple years I've had them, will def never have a truck without them again. Quality looked as good as firestones etc out there, and price was really good for the kit, 300ish if i recall. Here's the link to the website:

Hitchguy

Reaction score
I usually install all my compressors behind the back seat in any truck and out of the elements just a thought :d

goodleo

Reaction score
I installed firestone air bags 15 years ago on my dodge. Excellent product. I didn't think they would last this long. I live on an acreage and haul my own water, 5000lbs / load, (overloaded I think) never had issues. I didn't get the onboard compressor and I wish I would of, would make things easier.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I usually install all my compressors behind the back seat in any truck and out of the elements just a thought :d

They say to install on the side of the frame behind the front wheels...not going to last long in our environment!!!

I was thinking the compressor in the engine compartment?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Kit is assembled and ready to install on the Duramax.:beer::beer::beer::d:beer::beer::beer:

IMG00312-20110124-2002.jpg

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
I put all my compressors under the hood, away from the exhaust, it keeps them clean and you can't hear it in the cab. Just don't forget the air filter for it. If you are going to run a load leveling valve you might want a small tank to keep the compressor from cutting in as much.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I put all my compressors under the hood, away from the exhaust, it keeps them clean and you can't hear it in the cab. Just don't forget the air filter for it. If you are going to run a load leveling valve you might want a small tank to keep the compressor from cutting in as much.

Yes...all under the hood...just the lines running back. Not going with the leveling valve yet...might if i find it necessary...not commercial...just hauling a travel and sled trailer.

Thanks.....:beer:

Top Bottom