Air Lift or Ride-Rite

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the Firestone system with on board compressor and in cab controls. I highly recommend xsyouride, he's a member on the site. Give him a pm.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the firestone, but i dont have the in cab controles. And kick my own a$$ for not getting the in-cab deal.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the firestone, but i dont have the in cab controles. And kick my own a$$ for not getting the in-cab deal.

I have the same set up, it's not hard to level it out at the gas station, but the added convinience of airing up and down would be nice. Not a deal breaker for me however. I am happy with them so far.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have em as well, no compressor in cab controls but I bought an air pig at princess auto* for 20 bucks, I usually fill it* and I always have air when I air down and need to get back up, I also put cablecovers around my lines so they don't rub on anything. if your installing them yourself it's a nice touch and piece of mind.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same set up, it's not hard to level it out at the gas station, but the added convinience of airing up and down would be nice. Not a deal breaker for me however. I am happy with them so far.

This is why i have issues. Typical day in the summer weekend. Hook holiday trailer. move it, grab boat goto lake. Go home with the quad trailer . 3 trailers 3 weights. It is more of a time saver.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
The in cab controls are nice, but the best part of the inboard compressor is that you can fill up tires, or inflatables at the lake, etc... Check out carli suspension they have bags that give you a full 10" of travel, the double bags will limit your suspension travel.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just pick up the Ride-Rite from Firestone with on board compresser and digital control for the cab. Can not wait to install them and try them out.

One of the things the guy told me is too, T of the lines and run another line out the back of the rear bumper if you need to fill up manully if the on board compresser ever craps out on you.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sugestion is do it this way. install the air bags, install compressor, but instead of in cab controls you install a leveling valve for a semi. measure the distance between the e two holes for your leveling valve at stock height and add 1/2 inch that is your leveling valve height. with it set up this way your suspension will go up and down with changing loads and you dont have ever worry about changing pressure in your bags as it is now height regulated. always ride at same height whether empty or loaded.
jmo. if you have any questions feel free to ask. works great this way on all the units that i have done.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sugestion is do it this way. install the air bags, install compressor, but instead of in cab controls you install a leveling valve for a semi. measure the distance between the e two holes for your leveling valve at stock height and add 1/2 inch that is your leveling valve height. with it set up this way your suspension will go up and down with changing loads and you dont have ever worry about changing pressure in your bags as it is now height regulated. always ride at same height whether empty or loaded.
jmo. if you have any questions feel free to ask. works great this way on all the units that i have done.

That sounds like a great idea, pm me the details and what I need please. Also I recommend the digital in cab if youre going that way. I went witht he cheaper way and had to run the actual air lines (x2) into the cab and in a new gm its an absolute pain in the butt to get anything throught the firewall in these trucks. With the digital all the airlines stay outside and just need a couple wires into the cab.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the firestone airbags w/dual in cab controller and gauges on my 2010 gmc and works awesome highly recommend them I also sell them as well let me know the info on the truck and i can get you a price on what they should be priced around

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com

That there sounds very interesting...can you post a link to a semi leveling valve.

Thanks all...we this thread has helped me a ton...looks like the Rite-Ride with in cab controls unless this auto leveler is the deal.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That there sounds very interesting...can you post a link to a semi leveling valve.

Thanks all...we this thread has helped me a ton...looks like the Rite-Ride with in cab controls unless this auto leveler is the deal.

[media]http://www.anythingtruck.com/commercial/images/650-S4640081150.jpg[/media]

Top Bottom