Air Compressor

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your guy's take on the Campbell Hausefield oilless air compreesors. I've always thought the oilless were crazy loud and the sales guy won't plug it in for me to hear it. Princess Auto has a screamin deal on a 26 gal. right now, he said i could return it if it's too loud but why take it all the home and back when they have a 120volt outlet right there. I want to use it for impacts & die grinders for repairing quad and other stuff. Should work eh!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Coleman 7.7cfm, 27 gallon, going to be very close to the same thing as the CH. It is insane loud, but it works ok. It takes a while to air up, but if you are not working it 8 hours a day, it will be just fine. Just make sure you strap it down, mine would dance across the floor, and end up unplugging itself.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never bought, went back to look a second time to find out it was only 3.7 CFM. I knew there had to be a reason it was cheap.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one of the small 8 gallon Campbell Hausefield oilless compressors from crappy tire. It is very loud considering the size. It doesn't put out much but is enough to do any work on the quad and other vehicles which is what I was looking for.

Alfred

Reaction score
I purchased a 30 gallon Husky from Home Depot for 599.00. Solid air compressor. Does not move around and it has enough volume to blow out my irrigation lines in the fall. Awesome Compressor.:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with an oilless IMO - they do not last as long and are way louder and not as efficient as any oiled compressor. I've owned both and now have a 26 gallon oilless and my next one will be back to an oiled compressor - the oilless are just too loud and they do not cool as well IMO.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, buy a ton bigger then you think you'll need. Got a 15 gallon, figured it would run impact etc ok, not even close and so annoying. Next one will be a 50 gallon. The extra price isn't that much, and you can never have to much air. Not to mention, everyone hates listening to the compressor all the time, a 50 gallon won't run to often :d

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a CH compressor. Not sure of the size, but I think it is about 20 gallon. Bought it on sale at Princess Auto for $400. It is very quiet and has been trouble free. I can use it inside for my home renos and not upset the wife.

jdkzrt

Reaction score
Don't bother with an oilless IMO - they do not last as long and are way louder and not as efficient as any oiled compressor.

....... but they will start, and not trip a breaker when it's -40 outside (or in an unheated shop).

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with jdkzrt, if you are doing work in the cold then go with the oil-less, but if your in a warmed area and you're not wanting the rig to be 'portable' then you might stick with oil. :twocents:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey showtime if u want a good compresser and not loud get a screw compresser there very pricey but worth it just my 2 cents:d

Top Bottom