Air Cards/Internet stick

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using for air cards/internet sticks? I am heading to Sask Monday morning and need internet. Hoping to find one that I can rent as I will only need it for two weeks. Any help greatly appreciated, sorry for the short notice. Thank:d

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
What are you guys using for air cards/internet sticks? I am heading to Sask Monday morning and need internet. Hoping to find one that I can rent as I will only need it for two weeks. Any help greatly appreciated, sorry for the short notice. Thank:d

Telus.... Sierra wireless Compass 597.... Works alright !

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!

WTF???? They don't have internet in Sask??? You should check if they have running water... if not, pack some water bottles for your trip too!!! :d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Telus AirCard 595 and was in Saskatchewan fishing a tournament earlier this month. I tried it in Kindersly, Saskatoon and Nipiwin with no luck. It apperantly doesn't work with Sasktel, I never called Telus to find out if there was a problem or reason why it wouldn't work over there.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I got a sasktel one if your interested. Its the new narrow style one. It works good everywere that i needed it to. there is no contract with it as i bought it out. Its a merlin X720. I used it for 2 months then my boss decided to buy me one since he didnt want to pay me for mine anymore.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF???? They don't have internet in Sask??? You should check if they have running water... if not, pack some water bottles for your trip too!!! :d

We dont even have indoor plumbing here:d we use a out house. Certain telus cards dont work here for some reason. Not sure why.:)

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I have a Telus AirCard 595 and was in Saskatchewan fishing a tournament earlier this month. I tried it in Kindersly, Saskatoon and Nipiwin with no luck. It apperantly doesn't work with Sasktel, I never called Telus to find out if there was a problem or reason why it wouldn't work over there.

ive used mine in choiceland alot and its a telus...im curious why i never worked

joeboo73

Reaction score

the aircard 595 does work in sask i used it there lots

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the aircard 595 does work in sask i used it there lots

Well mine didn't, like i wrote I didn't look into why. It works fine everywhere else including most recently Quebec since I've been to Sask, but it didn't work in Sask at all. All over the states and Canada no problem, when in Sask problem. Just saying.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As you may know,Im a truck driver and recently bought a telus stick.I travel the three western provinces too mostly mines and gas plants and so on in a lot of remote areas.I have yet to find somewhere where I couldnt get a connection,like the other night when I was stuck in the mud a 100 kilicks north of Fort Macmurray,I had internet,works good in Sask as well!
catmando!

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River

Oh yeah we're still stuck in the stone age, light fires by rubbin sticks, thats why some albertans r former saskatchewkids. They just wont admit so u'll accept them. lol jk LMFAO

Why do u think i live by the river in my truk. We dont even have money to pay attention.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one from Bell. I have not run into a time where it has not worked yet.. They also have a decent price. The only bad thing, is that it is not a pay as you go contract..Some months I don't use it but still have to pay for it. I think they have changed since then..

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be sure you have the latest software on your aircard. It made a significant difference when I updated my 595.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Oh yeah we're still stuck in the stone age, light fires by rubbin sticks, thats why some albertans r former saskatchewkids. They just wont admit so u'll accept them. lol jk LMFAO

Why do u think i live by the river in my truk. We dont even have money to pay attention.

LMAO!!! :beer:

No wonder this dude wants a stick for the internet...

Top Bottom