Air Box Issue on XP 800 2008

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 XP 800 Summitt
I took my airbox off on the weekend and had a big problem even getting it off(Took me 20 minutes to remove) and now it will not go back on
It seems like the Carbs are moved back but I checked the fit to the boots and
it is as tight as I can get it The Left side carb will work but it is the right side that is the issue cannot get airbox boot back in there to even slide on:rant:

I am frustrated trying over and over again and still will not fit
I have had it off maybe 4 times over the last year and it removed fine before
Real weird

Any ideas

Help

birdie

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my airbox off on the weekend and had a big problem even getting it off(Took me 20 minutes to remove) and now it will not go back on
it is as tight as I can get it The Left side carb will work but it is the right side that is the issue cannot get airbox boot back in there to even slide on:rant:

Real weird

Any ideas

Help

birdie

silly question....but i have to ask....are u trying to remove the whole airbox??
just the back half slides out first then the half that is closest to the carbs...

xrsrev

Reaction score
Its actually the easiest air box ever to remove! Comes in 2 pieces! There is a small plastic tab just behind the secondary on the air box! Cant rememner if u press it in or pull it out but once u do that the back half of the airbox slides right out! The flat part that attaches to the carbs remains in place! Trust me i went through the same bs as u until i posted it here! Good luck!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Real weird

Any ideas

Help

birdie

Are you sure everything is straight on your sled? Maybe something's tweaked and that's causing the problem.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I took the whole thing off and like a Newby did it wrong

The Clip and back half makes sense
will work on it when I get back home
Thanks guys for the tip

birdie
:d

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its actually the easiest air box ever to remove! Comes in 2 pieces! There is a small plastic tab just behind the secondary on the air box! Cant rememner if u press it in or pull it out but once u do that the back half of the airbox slides right out! The flat part that attaches to the carbs remains in place! Trust me i went through the same bs as u until i posted it here! Good luck!

Is there any trick after you press/pull the tab. I tried this weeks ago, but it still didn't want to move much? Any other tabs or something?

Zig Zag

Reaction score
yeah seperate the two and reinstall seprate, first the piece that mounts to the carbs then slide the airbox into place. Had a bud do the same thing a while back found him trying to install by sliding a piece of of thin plastic in first and hoped to line everthing up and pull it out:d pointed out to him that it is a 2 piece install:beer::beer::beer::d

Top Bottom