air bags

Grubby

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any feedback about the new snowpulse avi bag?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in this backpack as well. I am hoping that someone has them at the snowmobile show (probably where I will buy a backpack) so that I can check it out in person before buying.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Last year I bought the other style.

I like the fact that you are able to refill this one yourself, unlike the style I have where it costs 150 bucks to get a new cartridge.

here is the website if anyone wants to check it out. Click on English on the top right side.

Snowpulse SA

Grubby

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Hopefully they will be at the sled show.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will stick to the ABS air bag that has been used for over 20 year now. Not one that has 1 year under its belt. Bad thing to be a guinnea pig for.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the site, I like that it promotes your head to float rather than pushing your head down like the other style. I don't like that you have to activate with your throttle hand though.My 2 cents.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the site, I like that it promotes your head to float rather than pushing your head down like the other style. I don't like that you have to activate with your throttle hand though.My 2 cents.

You do not have to use your throttle hand. As long was you can move your left hand to your left chest. I know I can.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do not have to use your throttle hand. As long was you can move your left hand to your left chest. I know I can.

If you ever go sky-diving they teach you across chest to pull the cord as that is your strongest and most instinctive way to pull cord. Left hand left side I would think you might be fumbeling to find cord, my2 cents.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not saying that it is not meant to be pulled with you right hand but you can pull it with your left. I have one.

W

woodies

something to consider also,is nitrogen is dry and air is wet.the regulator might freeze up!this was pointed out by scuba guys!not saying its bad just saying!also you lose the ability to see around you after deployment!a couple other things was told made by tree huggers?truth unknown!and for the refill factor,how many times do you ever use it!and the air in the bag versus nitrogen?the air we breathe is mostly nitrogen,think its like 80%or something so do the math not a lot of oxygen in the bag anyway!research this before jumping on the band wagon!your life may depend on it!rag on!

Grubby

Reaction score
I talked to Kelly out of golden the supplier of the bags for canada. The price is about $1100.00.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at them and considered it, but two things i didn't like 1) oxygen supports combustion (nitrogen is not combustable) & 2) didn't like that fact that when deployed you can't move your head around with a helmet on. This is just my opinion. I am looking at the abs vario with a 22 liter pack.

avalanchesafety

Reaction score
Website
www.avalanchesafety.ca
Re: air bags: SNOWPULSE- THE DETAILS

Hey Guys,

I will be at all of the shows witht the Snowpulse, you can check out my site Welcome to Avalanche Safety Solutions for all of the details on the Snowpulse. There is a side by side comparison with the ABS, video, a dealer list, etc. It's a pretty sweet pack, lots of advantages. Rene St.Onge (who posts on here a bunch) rode with one at the end of last year and was pretty stoked on it.

avalanchesafety

Reaction score
Website
www.avalanchesafety.ca
Canadian standards? Do the other style's meet this? Curious.
There are no European standards for Avalanche Airbag backpacks, there are only European standards. The Snowpulse has met the CE European standards for avalanche airbag for personal protective equipment. This is a long and expensive process and is the sam applied to ABS. this pack was sold in Europe last year and there were a few glitches, they were the guinea pigs. nothing major but there are definitely some improvements this year. the venturi system is much stronger so the bags open with more force, they made the buckle so it would free of snow, got rid of some of the extra break away zippers which were not necessary, added back ventilation and generally improved the pack. If you need to e-mail, e-mail me directly at chuck@avalanchesafety.ca and i will respond ASAP. I am only on here every so ofter. At a trade show in PG this weekend. And yes you can pull the handle with either hand.

Top Bottom