After Market Tunnel

G

Guest1

Exactly Fabster Thanks for bringing that up, Thanks again for bringing that up.

I never said cr doesn't build nice stuff or that hes not a good fabricater, he is a good fabricater and builds nice stuff, we have different looks at stuff as all builders do. So I think you need to quite the bashing and bsing. as for your tif you should mention it so we all know what your talking about and the truth please. Ted, Terra Alps Racing inc

Sounds like you got a stutter their KostaBunch...was Chaba over last night...LOL

As far as not bashing your competitor (CR) I remember a series of pm's between you and AB on Snowest when he had his POO motor work done by Chad a few years ago and they weren't very flattering to either CR or AB. Should we also get into a discussion about what you had to say about my friend Darko (who knows more then you ever will IMO) or how about some of the ch!t you have said about Deano670? Let me know :d

GOT TRUTH ...thanks for calling ;)

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
You think VanAmburg copied you too?

Exactly Fabster Thanks for bringing that up,
So back in 2000' when the rmk 800 came out with cooling extrusion on the running boards we kept that concept and transfered it to our mod sleds, using the polaris extrusion for years on our polaris mods and transfered it to the other chassis we built for the other brands cat and ski doo. The other outfit you mentioned used arctic cat extrusion as we did before the polaris extrusion, it had good traction back in the day, but it was weak and bent and didn't have the hot coolant running thru the running boards to keep them clean from ice build up. The others started using the same cooling extrusion 2 years ago on the yamys.
Then in 2004 on our first rev tunnel we designed and developed the open slots with aggressive traction. We tested the size of the opening of the slot so too much snow doesn't come up thru the openings but rather most snow goes down thru them. Biggest problem with the aftermarket bolt on stuff.
The other outfit you mentioned copied that design last spring of 2008' of course I don't believe there was too much deep snow testing done either.

Thanks again for bringing that up so others know.

I never said cr doesn't build nice stuff or that hes not a good fabricater, he is a good fabricater and builds nice stuff, we have different looks at stuff as all builders do. I build stuff for the strength, function and rider positioning, I don't care if its polished.
So I think you need to quite the bashing and bsing.

as for your tif you should mention it so we all know what your talking about and the truth please.

Heres a couple pics of the first 04' rev we did, (blue) and a black rev which have polaris cooling extrusion on the outer running boards and our open traction slots on the running boards.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
enough pizzing and moaning already about the 2 tunnels that are built in K-town they both are built with to light of Material and are NOT made for bigger riders......VAN AMBURG Tunnels all the way they are a light heavier but are built solid....

BD

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a stutter their KostaBunch...was Chaba over last night...LOL

As far as not bashing your competitor (CR) I remember a series of pm's between you and AB on Snowest when he had his POO motor work done by Chad a few years ago and they weren't very flattering to either CR or AB. Should we also get into a discussion about what you had to say about my friend Darko (who knows more then you ever will IMO) or how about some of the ch!t you have said about Deano670? Let me know :d

GOT TRUTH ...thanks for calling ;)

Chaba I haven't seen for a year or so? I heard he moved.
I don't drink sorry, I have a family.
AB poo work, lets see? he mentioned he had cr porting? I mentioned cr didn't port. Then he said they had some guy in town do it, a clean up job, he was happy with that, end of story. forgot already!
Darko I talk to him once in while? see him around town.
I have talked to deano on the phone as well? I have no issue with him either.
have anymore wars your trying to start?

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
enough pizzing and moaning already about the 2 tunnels that are built in K-town they both are built with to light of Material and are NOT made for bigger riders......VAN AMBURG Tunnels all the way they are a light heavier but are built solid....

BD

Well you obviously haven't seen our tunnels or know what your talking about because we don't use the same material as the other shop in Kelowna for that exact reason thanks for pointing that out though. You should probably call and find out information before trying to proove something.
we have had no returns on our tunnels and we want the biggest guys to beat on them.

Thanks Ted,

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you obviously haven't seen our tunnels or know what your talking about because we don't use the same material as the other shop in Kelowna for that exact reason thanks for pointing that out though. You should probably call and find out information before trying to proove something.
we have had no returns on our tunnels and we want the biggest guys to beat on them.

Thanks Ted,

Read the tread num nutz I didnt say same Material I said to light of Material....O and Trust Azzhat I know what im talking about when it comes to sleds...I have built a few of them.....Im 6'4 275 and i have bent ever tunnel out there other than yours(which i would never own) and the Van Amburg is the only one that held up... for a full season of riding

BD

G

Guest1

AB poo work, lets see? he mentioned he had cr porting? I mentioned cr didn't port. Then he said they had some guy in town do it, a clean up job, he was happy with that, end of story.

Only true statement of FACT in the above is yes CR didn`t port it and yes they out-sourced it and YES he (AB) was happy ... as far as the end of story talk about BS`ING...LMAO

OVER!!!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly Fabster Thanks for bringing that up,
So back in 2000' when the rmk 800 came out with cooling extrusion on the running boards we kept that concept and transfered it to our mod sleds, using the polaris extrusion for years on our polaris mods and transfered it to the other chassis we built for the other brands cat and ski doo. The other outfit you mentioned used arctic cat extrusion as we did before the polaris extrusion, it had good traction back in the day, but it was weak and bent and didn't have the hot coolant running thru the running boards to keep them clean from ice build up. The others started using the same cooling extrusion 2 years ago on the yamys.
Then in 2004 on our first rev tunnel we designed and developed the open slots with aggressive traction. We tested the size of the opening of the slot so too much snow doesn't come up thru the openings but rather most snow goes down thru them. Biggest problem with the aftermarket bolt on stuff.
The other outfit you mentioned copied that design last spring of 2008' of course I don't believe there was too much deep snow testing done either.

Thanks again for bringing that up so others know.

I never said cr doesn't build nice stuff or that hes not a good fabricater, he is a good fabricater and builds nice stuff, we have different looks at stuff as all builders do. I build stuff for the strength, function and rider positioning, I don't care if its polished.
So I think you need to quite the bashing and bsing.

as for your tif you should mention it so we all know what your talking about and the truth please.

Heres a couple pics of the first 04' rev we did, (blue) and a black rev which have polaris cooling extrusion on the outer running boards and our open traction slots on the running boards.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc

But I like Shiney............ohhhhhh look a dime
001-8.jpg

039-2.jpg

Never broke one Never bent one...but I ride groomed trails sometimes.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF i come online and find this BS!!!! Ted when have YOU ever talked to me on the phone???? I called you 6 months ago and asked if you would be interested in building an s chassis tunnel and possibly sending me some of your great 860's. What response did i get NOT A GOD DAMN THING!!! If there is one thing that pisses me off its ppl putting words in my mouth and i have had enough of that. I have seen your product first hand more than once Ted and NEVER have i tryed to steer a customer away from your door step!! What you do is your business and what i do is mine, but dont ever tell ppl anything but the truth. Truth is Ted i would have bought a tunnel or 10 from you, I like your design, and yea a couple of 860's would have gone out the door, but yet again no response from you!! For the general public " There is always 2 sides to every story" feel free to ask the questions:cool:

Thankyou

Deano

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wtf i come online and find tbs!!!!his ted when have you ever talked to me on the phone???? I called you 6 months ago and asked if you would be interested in building an s chassis tunnel and possibly sending me some of your great 860's. What response did i get not a god damn thing!!! If there is one thing that pisses me off its ppl putting words in my mouth and i have had enough of that. I have seen your product first hand more than once ted and never have i tryed to steer a customer away from your door step!! What you do is your business and what i do is mine, but dont ever tell ppl anything but the truth. Truth is ted i would have bought a tunnel or 10 from you, i like your design, and yea a couple of 860's would have gone out the door, but yet again no response from you!! For the general public " there is always 2 sides to every story" feel free to ask the questions:cool:

Thankyou

deano

what........................i like shiney no b.s.
See you next week dillweed

is there a problem here?

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Read the tread num nutz I didnt say same Material I said to light of Material....O and Trust Azzhat I know what im talking about when it comes to sleds...I have built a few of them.....Im 6'4 275 and i have bent ever tunnel out there other than yours(which i would never own) and the Van Amburg is the only one that held up... for a full season of riding

BD

so if its too light of material what is it? and what are the materials us builders use?

you guys are hilarious. LOL

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if its too light of material what is it? and what are the materials us builders use?

you guys are hilarious. LOL

I can't believe you, as a business man can stare an opportunity in the face and can't come up with a solution. check what vanamburg uses, can you make it better, can't believe you will argue with customers over something they are looking for, did I say opportunity.
I'd definitely let Big Dawgs lie, cause if he hitches up the dog sled, fur will fly.

So maybe this could be a bonus if you listen to what they are saying, and not get your ginch in a knot. Wade knows what's up.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was pretty impressed for a short period too.... not so much anymore. I actually droped the idea of to a custom builder and he sheepishly indicated he would rather not deal with that product. He wouldn't tell me why and I didn't push it.

On thing I respect in the business world is integrity. Let your product speak for itself and have a thick skin. Argueing with potential client guarentees they will quickly become someone elses.

CRF

Reaction score
Stick with what works for you, and save the rest of the bs for the mountains. Like Canuk said, you have to have very thick skin to try and sell your products on any forum especially with the brand loyalty around here (which is a good thing).

Bigdawg are you going to answer the question that was directed to you, "so if its too light of material what is it? and what are the materials us builders use?"? I am interested in knowing what material VA uses, that makes it so much stronger than everyone else.

Canuk, if your ever in my neck of the woods, I would be happy to take you out and test my sled in the hills. It would be alot easier than trying to make your way through all the BS on here.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bigdawg are you going to answer the question that was directed to you, "so if its too light of material what is it? and what are the materials us builders use?"? I am interested in knowing what material VA uses, that makes it so much stronger than everyone else.

I'm not sure, but I think VA uses a heavier gauge aluminum than the others...I know the boards are a much thicker aluminum....

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
- confucius say- four things i always remember-

- it is easier for a customer to push the door and walk out than it is to pull the door open and walk in:)

- happy customers tell 4 friends- unhappy customers tell 10 :)

- the customer is always treated with the respect you would want to recieve

- the customer is always right they know what they want

just my four cents

T.
ps. only seen the vanamburg and cr racing tunnel, both nice sold a couple of each no problems. still have a mod 8 with cr tunnel its build sold (one of my own sleds) personally envy all the skills that the fab guys have - wish i had some of it.:cool::cool::cool:

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

CRF im going to answer this question Just for you....Im going to do it nice and slow so you understand.......ANYTHING less than 70 thou is to light Aluminum for the strength points in a tunnel....VE uses 1/4 '' for its main strength or stress points with 65 thou for the remaining parts of the tunnel....and they also supply Board stiffeners aswell....Like i said before VE tunnels are a little heavier but they work.....I hope you can understand all of this info..... :kissass:

BD

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Snow eliminator style boards, braces included as BD mentioned.... go back to first page and have a look at a VE tunnel, look at the tail section closely, one piece construction throught the bumper assy, rather that some bent tubing tacked onto the tunnel..

Top Bottom