AFP for Alberta And All Albertans.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can't support 3 right wing parties, even if they are "right" in perception only.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As it stands right now IMO we have 1 right wing party and no representation in Ottawa without this we are Governed by Ottawa and Ottawa has the final say. I will not support the WRP as I heard Brian Jean himself say that he is not oppose to the Carbon Tax. Also the ABP will not support recall and am sure Greg Clark will not oppose a carbon tax either. Well the there is the PC,s just a bunch of Libtards in PC clothing. Without proper representation in Ottawa or sovereignity as a independent nation we are fawked. With all these career politicians pandering to ethnics/special interest groups/lobbyists we are soon gonna become a welfare state with nothing. The thing is that a lot of people think this is a democracy and really it is not it's a pseudo democracy and we are all paying for it. What we need is a direct democracy in Alberta for Albertans as it stands now it is not and you and I are paying for it dearly. Everyman woman and child just sent 5000$ to Ottawa by 2020 that will be 20,000 with little coming back to us. I know and respect your viewpoint Dave but unless the WRP has some major platform promises like (sensible recall, referendums, no carbon tax for absolutely sure they will not be getting my vote. And with a welfare state on the horizon we need a party that is gonna work for Albertans therefore I will support the Alberta Freedom Party in there continuing efforts to get some blood on the scene, not these same ole same ole parties that say and then stab u in the back. Have A Nice Easter:)
What you say is true....Brian Jean once favored a "tax on everything" as did the PC party, but the WRP's official position today is to kill the carbon tax. The Alberta PC's are for sure Libs in PC clothing....one just needs to look at that a$$-clown elected in Calgary last week to know that....that idiot tried to run as an NDP, a Lib and now as a PC. Problem is: PC still has a following, probably by the oldsters who aren't so internet savvy. They remember PC as Ralph's party and will vote PC no matter what. We also have the WRP. It is polling #1 in Alberta right now. While it might not be perfect, it is essentially a right wing party with Albertans in mind. And now we have the AFP. Bottom line: if you split the right wing vote (3 ways this time) the NDPs will win again. This is a fact. The NDPs won last time being elected by those with their hands out....so we know the numbers are there....roughly 1/3 of the voting population has their hands out...union clowns, natives on reserves, students, and immigrants on welfare....this group will vote NDP again.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you say is true....Brian Jean once favored a "tax on everything" as did the PC party, but the WRP's official position today is to kill the carbon tax. The Alberta PC's are for sure Libs in PC clothing....one just needs to look at that a$$-clown elected in Calgary last week to know that....that idiot tried to run as an NDP, a Lib and now as a PC. Problem is: PC still has a following, probably by the oldsters who aren't so internet savvy. They remember PC as Ralph's party and will vote PC no matter what. We also have the WRP. It is polling #1 in Alberta right now. While it might not be perfect, it is essentially a right wing party with Albertans in mind. And now we have the AFP. Bottom line: if you split the right wing vote (3 ways this time) the NDPs will win again. This is a fact. The NDPs won last time being elected by those with their hands out....so we know the numbers are there....roughly 1/3 of the voting population has their hands out...union clowns, natives on reserves, students, and immigrants on welfare....this group will vote NDP again.

I agree. A split will F us again next election. WRP is the best choice I believe for basically all the reasons DaveB just stated.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The political machine triumphs because it is united minority acting against a divided majority. -- Will Durant

There is only 4000 + of these saying in this category. Last count was around 2 million if I recall.

Oh, lunch time.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have read the info on this party and while I would like to see a new fresh idea come into the mix, I just shake my head in disbelief....the AFP is not a party who wants to keep Alberta in Canada.....they are talking sovereign nation! Their main platform from what I see is to cease the equalization payments and save 50 billion.....sounds good BUT....the only way that will work is to break away from Canada.....and that's not gonna happen in this lifetime or the next.

And, if they change their thinking about breaking away from Canada and plan to stay, they will NEVER be able to get rid of the provincial equalization program as it is entrenched into the constitution.....it is Canadian Law.

These massive pipe dreams of this party will only help the NDP become government by splitting the vote between the PC's and the Wildrose.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO on a federal level , by the time Ontario has voted, we don't have to bother,..the west will have an issue by getting properly represented at any time in the near future, make it east and west at the Ontario border, that should bring a sustainable economy to the west, I cannot see Alberta going at it alone, the cost to separate would be enormous, and our economy (mainly based on oil), would be to volatile, and greatly depend on world prices only.... a good example is our economy now, it is plain that our present economy is dependent on world
prices, no matter which government is at the helm, they have no control, until oil prices increase, ,......

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to beat the east is if the west can band together. Problem is there are too many people with hands out in the west to do this.

Only way to make it fair is give each province and territory an equal number of seats. Whether there are 100 000 or 10 000 000 residents in that province/territory it would make no difference then how many voted and I feel it would give a more fair split of the vote and views of the entire country, not just the east.
The west is outnumbered 2:1 by the east based on population alone if everyone votes. The economy changes drastically from east to west also and as such so do peoples interests and views. So with the current voting structure, it is very tough for the west's votes to be represented in Parliament in our favour.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every election it seems that by the time it hits Ontario it's been decided already .
Even this last one they said the west would be deciding factor and same thing again .

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO on a federal level , by the time Ontario has voted, we don't have to bother,..the west will have an issue by getting properly represented at any time in the near future, make it east and west at the Ontario border, that should bring a sustainable economy to the west, I cannot see Alberta going at it alone, the cost to separate would be enormous, and our economy (mainly based on oil), would be to volatile, and greatly depend on world prices only.... a good example is our economy now, it is plain that our present economy is dependent on world
prices, no matter which government is at the helm, they have no control, until oil prices increase, ,......

Very good meeting very informative good turnout also. Ok it is not about separate it is about sovereign key word we would still be in Canada but have total control over our taxation,military,cpp,ui,gdp wich by the way we have lots not just oil. We would be able to either keep the loonie or create our own depending on what the people vote on. Also it would not matter if oil tanked we would survive just with the amount of money we would have in the bank and not having to pay Ottawa. To basically sum it up it mirrors the Canton system similar in Sweden. When we become sovereign the equalization stops immediately. I addressed the issue some asked even about the split. But like LBZ said it does not matter who is at the helm here without proper representation in Ottawa we are fk,d we absolutely do not have any control. All even Brian jean can do is talk same with Brad Wall and that's all it is, is hot air. Hence the name Alberta Freedom Party not Independence cause we all know how far that went. It is only about Alberta Jeff is not concentrating on anything else just freedom. I aske about paying the money we owe Ottawa that would not be a problem as we are the only province with our own bank. So u want to make some money how many of us would buy T_BILLS I bet a lot so there u go money raised even if we paid Ottawa 10bn every year or more cause we would have our 50bn that we send them. Not to mention the investors that would want to give us money. I do not want to get to long winded but u really have to go to a meeting, also Jeff said they are gonna have there own website up in a few days for the people that r not on social media it just needs to be tweeked the url is in already so will keep members posted. he did say that they are on twitter though.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Swiss Cantonal System: A Model democracy | Liberty International

This is what the AFP is talking about giving power to the people like it is suppose to be. Not living in make believe Confederation and make believe Democracy like we are living in. Cause that is exactly what this **** show is were living in and getting worse with all the pandering lies taxed into oblivion etc.. I for one am not gonna be apart of the soon to become welfare province or country that is vastly becoming. The best welfare is to have a job IMO!

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways smokind we can't be a sovereign state and still be part of Canada. Personally I'd never vote for independence or for Alberta to be a sovereign nation, we have way way to much to lose by doing so. Yes we need to change the current system, to something a little more representative then first past the post. All this new party will do is split the vote in Alberta even more and allow the NDP to win again

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways smokind we can't be a sovereign state and still be part of Canada. Personally I'd never vote for independence or for Alberta to be a sovereign nation, we have way way to much to lose by doing so. Yes we need to change the current system, to something a little more representative then first past the post. All this new party will do is split the vote in Alberta even more and allow the NDP to win again

Yes we can and still be part of Canada just sovereign with control of our own taxation,police military, health care , UI ,CPP, etc. All this is that were living in is a dictator ship that is controlled and Governed by Ottawa with no say what so ever no matter if you put the Queen herself at the helm in Alberta you would still not have fawk all it is all controlled by the East and they have the last say. Just look at what happened to Joe Clark he left the west mostly alone as much as he could but even he did not have the power that the East has got so he was fired case and point.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok folks so here is the new website not all the features are up and running yet but you all can have a gander!!

http://www.albertafreedom.ca/

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to look up the true definition of sovereign nation. If Alberta was to truly become a sovereign nation, having everything your describing we would no longer be apart of Canada, we would have to succeed from the confederation, and therefore we wouldn't be Canadian. The only difference really between the Canadian and Swiss system is how much control has been turned over to the cantons or provinces, to adjust that here in Canada there would have to be adjustments to the constitution, which could happen if the provinces agreed to it. I don't know if you actually read the article or just skipped the part where they mention the federal or national government in Switzerland still controlled the military, foreign policy, and mint/military policy. What your talking about when you say Alberta will have its own military/ money etc is a true sovereign state, not a canton type system.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to look up the true definition of sovereign nation. If Alberta was to truly become a sovereign nation, having everything your describing we would no longer be apart of Canada, we would have to succeed from the confederation, and therefore we wouldn't be Canadian. The only difference really between the Canadian and Swiss system is how much control has been turned over to the cantons or provinces, to adjust that here in Canada there would have to be adjustments to the constitution, which could happen if the provinces agreed to it. I don't know if you actually read the article or just skipped the part where they mention the federal or national government in Switzerland still controlled the military, foreign policy, and mint/military policy. What your talking about when you say Alberta will have its own military/ money etc is a true sovereign state, not a canton type system.

First off I did not miss a thing in your comment but you must have missed the link I put up for the New Website for the Alberta Freedom Party I really think you should take a look at it then express your opinion. Then you can express your viewpoint as to how in the hell you do not think this will work cause personally I want to die standing on my feet living Free, not being governed under these regimes and living on my knees! One other note this is not a true confederation your living in, you should look up what a true confederation actually is.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good meeting very informative good turnout also. Ok it is not about separate it is about sovereign key word we would still be in Canada but have total control over our taxation,military,cpp,ui,gdp wich by the way we have lots not just oil. We would be able to either keep the loonie or create our own depending on what the people vote on. Also it would not matter if oil tanked we would survive just with the amount of money we would have in the bank and not having to pay Ottawa. To basically sum it up it mirrors the Canton system similar in Sweden. When we become sovereign the equalization stops immediately. I addressed the issue some asked even about the split. But like LBZ said it does not matter who is at the helm here without proper representation in Ottawa we are fk,d we absolutely do not have any control. All even Brian jean can do is talk same with Brad Wall and that's all it is, is hot air. Hence the name Alberta Freedom Party not Independence cause we all know how far that went. It is only about Alberta Jeff is not concentrating on anything else just freedom. I aske about paying the money we owe Ottawa that would not be a problem as we are the only province with our own bank. So u want to make some money how many of us would buy T_BILLS I bet a lot so there u go money raised even if we paid Ottawa 10bn every year or more cause we would have our 50bn that we send them. Not to mention the investors that would want to give us money. I do not want to get to long winded but u really have to go to a meeting, also Jeff said they are gonna have there own website up in a few days for the people that r not on social media it just needs to be tweeked the url is in already so will keep members posted. he did say that they are on twitter though.
you strike me as someone who would get drawn into a cult very easily.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off I did not miss a thing in your comment but you must have missed the link I put up for the New Website for the Alberta Freedom Party I really think you should take a look at it then express your opinion. Then you can express your viewpoint as to how in the hell you do not think this will work cause personally I want to die standing on my feet living Free, not being governed under these regimes and living on my knees! One other note this is not a true confederation your living in, you should look up what a true confederation actually is.

I did read the link, and well there is some good things mentioned, there is nothing majorly substantial there. Also many of the things they're wanting can be implemented in our current system. Also 25% of constituents is way to low for recall, if you look at most legislation both with in Canadian jurisdictions or American jurisdictions that % is 60 or higher, with a percentage any lower than that there would be a never ending cycle of recalls

Top Bottom