Aerocharger 2013-14 E-TEC Turbo Systems

bugs1678

Reaction score
I see the price on the site has gone up from 6250 last week to 6800 this week for the snow to air intercooler. Any reason for the sudden price increase of 550? I know there's inflation and what not, but an increase like that for the same kit ( unless something has changed ) seems a bit steep?

I have no problems paying for quality but would like to know where the extra money is going.

P.S not trying to stir anything, but was about to pull the trigger on one but am curious about the price increase.
X2 on that. I just saw this today as I too was about ready to go to an Aero. Agree, quality is paramount to everything but what changed for $550? The addition of a clutch kit and helix may be?? Now I'm back to being torn between Aero and TP.

Aerocharger_jerry

Reaction score
X2 on that. I just saw this today as I too was about ready to go to an Aero. Agree, quality is paramount to everything but what changed for $550? The addition of a clutch kit and helix may be?? Now I'm back to being torn between Aero and TP.

Hey guys, there's nothing sneaky going on here :) Those are the prices for the 2013-14 systems, which were changed to reflect upgrades and value-added components featured in this years kit. Here's the full change list of what's new this year:

Electronics:

• New Sequential Fire Injection feature
  • New External 3-Bar Map Sensor
  • Now fully waterproof and warrantied for two years
Vents:
  • Seven durable vents provided, up from three
  • Includes full templates for easy install
Weight Reduction: Aerocharger is the lightest kit on the market, and our manufacturing and machining has been further refined to shave down additional weight. The common baseline in the performance world puts a $100 value on every pound of weight shed. These new components account for a little over 5 lbs of weight that has been eliminated off of last years system.

• Lightweight Silicone
  • Lightweight Airbox
  • Lightweight Collars
  • Lightweight Fuel Rail
  • Lightweight Welded Turbine Inlet, with increased flow
  • Lightweight compressor cover
Clutching: Clutching is based on what Carl Kuster runs on his backcountry sled. It's a fully comprehensive package configured for best operation on Aerocharged snowmobiles and includes

• Custom Ramps
  • Custom Tungsten
  • Top Gear
  • Chain
  • Helix
  • Primary Springs
Considering dollar to horsepower, fit and finish, ease of install, and field reliability, the Aerocharger system remains the most solid package on the market. We're stoked to hear you are considering our system, and if there's anything at all we can answer for you, don't hesitate to give us a call.

Aerocharger_jerry

Reaction score
we got some pictures of parts to show off.

The Aerocharger + Welded Turbine Inlet

Aerochargers for Ski-Doo snowmobiles now feature welded turbine inlets, which reduce complexity, weight and backpressure while improving flow to the turbo. This isn't an off-the-shelf automotive turbo- Aerochargers are made in-house, and the turbo in this kit it is carefully purpose-built for use on a Ski-Doo sled.

Also, the Aerocharger compressor cover has been reworked to shave off unneeded weight for this season.

Clutch Helix and Ramps

Close up on the custom clutch parts we had developed for this season.

And here's the full clutch package.

Snow to Air Intercooler

The Aerocharger Snow to Air intercooler, with hardware and support bracket.

And here's a rear view, already installed. The intercooler brackets are now shipping with pre-fitted edge seals for a clean and tight install.

This is a close-up on this season's collars for our airboxes and Air to Snow Intercoolers - we deleted some metal for a lighter kit... looks a bit nicer, too.

Fuel Rails

The fuel rail was also updated for weight savings. Here's a shot of it next to our previous fuel rail for comparison.

Stinger Kit

Parts and instructions are included to modify the stock pipe with an Aerocharger stinger. This pipe is larger in diameter and improves exhaust flow for better performance. Will require cutting and welding the stock pipe. It's totally optional, but should be a huge convenience if this was something you were planning on having done.

Exhaust

One of the nicest looking mufflers out there, IMO. Stainless steel for durability, and ceramic coated to look like an OE part. The exhaust cradle is welded on for less wrench turning during your install.

Vents and Footwell Seals

Also in the box are vents and a footwell seal kit. Both of these come with full templates and instructions to streamline the install, and will seal your sled up tight for best performance.

So that's some of the highlights of the kit, for your viewing pleasure.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks lile you've done some work to simplify the components and install..

What's your estimated install time and how much time is required to properly tune and dial-in?? How much tuning is required when an elevation change occurs?

Aerocharger_jerry

Reaction score
Looks lile you've done some work to simplify the components and install..

What's your estimated install time and how much time is required to properly tune and dial-in?? How much tuning is required when an elevation change occurs?

Hey thanks for the kind words, Director.

Customers who have done it before can knock out an install in half a day, give or take. If this is your first install I'd give yourself a full weekend at least - no need to rush it. The fuel controller is plug and play. You will have to spend some time setting the clutch weights to match your elevations and settings, and again this isn't difficult to set if you have some experience doing it. We include a full clutching setup and rough guidelines to help our customers get dialed in faster, and once you are clutched for the area you ride you can leave it alone. If this is something you need help with please give us a call, and any dealer in your area should be able to help you with this too.

dlux

Reaction score
I would really like to see a aerocharger cold air intake, is that something that you guys have in the works yet???

Aerocharger_jerry

Reaction score
I would really like to see a aerocharger cold air intake, is that something that you guys have in the works yet???

Actually, the guys have been working on a version of a cold air intake, hoping to get the prototype out on the snow shortly. More on that to come.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well does the turbo work on 2011 etec , I was told that it's not worth doing do to fuel pump or something can you fill me In as I would love to turbo this unit

Top Bottom